“very nice, great customer service, clean.”

Black Hawk Motel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“very nice, great customer service, clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

this was a last minute getaway for me & my girlfriend. we checked in on sat & checked out on monday. the room was nice & clean. i am a very picky girl & i was satisfied with the accomadations being that this was a motel. the staff was very nice. pool are nice. i would stay here again. not far from down town. i walked downtown & shopped. great area!!!

Room Tip: we stayed on the lower level & we were glad because we did not have to carry our luggage up the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Polish first
Rockwell City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our hotel room was probably the cleanest room we have ever stayed in...anywhere, ever...the atmosphere was kind of retro, right down to the metal lawn chairs outside our room where we could sit out at night.....it was nice and quiet, being just off the main strip but close enough that you could walk to the downtown......nice indoor and outdoor pool areas, friendly front desk..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here while vacationing at the Dells. Our stay was economical and quite relaxing. The staff was welcoming when we arrived and did everything to make our stay enjoyable, from providing coupons to the attractions to replacing our detergent for the clothes washer. The Black Hawk very much reminded me of the motels we used to stay at when I was a child...with updates! We used the indoor pool when the nights were chilly and the outdoor pool when they weren't. If we came back to the Dells we would most definitely stay here again and have recommended to several of our friends. Oh, and did I say clean? The room was spotless.

chicago,il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Motel in old section bed was supposed to be Queen but was more like full size very uncomfortable tried to upgrade to king but they wanted another $100 only had 1 grill a block away pool was great slides were in need of repair the one hot tub was VERY HOT with A tv on A chair with A extension cord running across floor A child could trip knock tv on to water the indoor pool was nice except floors were slippery from smooth faced tiles next year we will stay at my Olympus

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank mojo1180
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I researced just about every single lodging option in the Dells before booking 3 nights at the Blackhawk Motel. My wife and I and 3 kids (7, 5 and 3) were looking to get away for a few days and simply wanted a nice to place to stay and enjoy ourselves. I've never been a fan of the huge resorts in the Dells and in fact I've always supported the 'under dogs' in just about everything. I personally feel that some of these huge resorts have somewhat taken some of the magic away from what was the Dells just a decade or so ago. One of these mega resorts seems to be buying up all the motels and turning them into their own personal 'off site' lodging options to the main resort. Quite honestly they are ruining the Dells in my opinion. The Blackhawk Motel doesn't have a thing to worry about fortunately. This is one of those places that just does it right. From the friendly and helpful staff to the super clean (and in our case newly remodeled) rooms to the immaculate grounds and pools these people just know what's important.
We stayed in room #21 which as I said was recently remodeled. I was surprised that the remodel job was really done well. There were no cheap vinyl floors as they installed beautiful ceramic tile in the entry as well as in the bath area. The walls were perfect and even the paint job was done very well. The cleanliness of the room was very suprising. Although I read reviews that the rooms were clean I never imagined that they were THAT clean. You just don't find people that care as much as they do here.
We did use the pools (mostly the indoor) several times. The water outside was a little cold for me but the indoor pool was like bath water. Our kids had an absolute blast swimming and quite honestly we really never needed to leave the motel (we did of course) because the kids were content there. We played a few games in the cool retro feeling game room and used the playgound a bit as well. Once again all of these amenities were perfect.
We will certainly be back to the Blackhawk. It feels like home when you are there!

Room Tip: So many room options that anyone can find something that works for their needs.
1 Thank ChrisIggy
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We were thrilled with our experience and commented several times that we loved it, it exceeded our expectations, we would be back and we would recommend it to others. Here's my story...after doing research online, I called to make a reservation. He "wowed" me from the start. I had the type of room picked out and he recommended a different one that would save me money. LOVE THAT! They sent a confirmation in the mail. I loved that because last year a different hotel lost my reservation, which caused confusion when I checked in. The rooms were good size and clean. The bathroom was new and clean. The beds were comfortable. The indoor and outdoor pools were great options for the kids. Our two boys (11 and 12 yrs old) loved the diving board. I appreciated that I could park my car right in front of the room. That made it easy to bring in the cooler. We very much enjoyed the chairs and table right outside the door because we could have coffee and talk in the morning while the boys were still sleeping. The people were welcoming and friendly. I loved the location...it was close enough to downtown that we could walk (which we did each night), yet far enough away that we didn't feel overwhelmed by the people or traffic. It was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jera2911
BlackHawkMotel, Manager at Black Hawk Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Hello,
Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time this past July. We have a total of 29 different room types and we're glad that I was able to recommend one that suited you and your family well. Also nice to hear that the kids enjoyed our popular diving board and heated indoor (open late) and outdoor pools. All our rooms have reserved parking right by your door...we have found that this was a great idea my Dad had back in the 80's. Thanks for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you and your family next summer!
Crown Point Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed three nights at the Black Hawk and absolutely loved it. When we pulled up we immediately felt like we were back in time in the 1950's. This place is old school, retro and we loved it. The room was super clean, beds were soft and never heard a sound from neighboring rooms. The outdoor pool was fantastic as was the indoor. So nice to stay in a nice, quiet and affordable place. The price was right, and the location was great as well. Only a minutes drive to Downtown Dells. We WILL without a doubt stay here the next time we visit......already spreading the word to friends and family on how great this place is!

2 Thank cm2dmax
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us and for spreading the word to your friends and family. Our "word of mouth" advertising has helped us survive over the years and not fall to a chain or mega waterpark resort. We truly appreciate when anyone tells others about us...we want to provide a true (yet modern) "AMERICANA" experience for all our guests and let families bring their children to a place that they may have traveled with their parents during a time when the Holiday Inns and Howard Johnson's were few and far between.
Thank you again and we hope to see you sometime soon!