“Really Surprised”

Ranked #71 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, WI
“Really Surprised”
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, but the price we were getting based on the last minute trip, we decided to try it out anyway. I was really happy with the stay. I'm not sure what the other people had problems with. We stayed in a 2 Queen size room. The rooms were clean, no complaints. The bathroom didn't have any toilet paper when we entered, but that's not really a deal breaker and we were given two rolls when we went to the front desk and were apologized which was nice to see. Location was great! Right across from Mt. Olympus which was great because we just walked to the park and it made it easy to come back to the room to relax and eat, and go back. Overall this was a good stay. We stayed for two nights. I would stay again even though I read the reviews before going.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MacMan714

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We went into this expecting the worst from all the previous reviews, but it wasn’t as bad as we thought. The lobby smelled like chlorine, the pools were packed with both children and adults alike, and a ton of people were staying. If it was really as bad as all these reviews say, I don’t think it would have been that packed. But don’t get me wrong, the hotel did have its problems. It’s not the Hilton. The bed was hard, the walls were thin and it could use some remodeling and updates. I would suggest bringing your own shampoo ect. And for those who stated their towels did not get changed, it said right on the check-in forms that you must exchange your towels at the front desk. But the location is excellent; it is in walking distance from Noah’s, Marley’s, Tommy Barlett, and Mt. Olympus. Over all it is a place to stay with a bed and shower. I wouldn’t stay here if a higher class hotel is an option, but I wouldn’t not stay here either. As for the staff, as long as you are nice to them, they are nice to you.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We made our reservation at this hotel in April 2009. We wanted to bring out dog along and we needed two room place, with a good Mt. Olympus deal. After call, after call to many places at the dells, this hotel was it. I called 3 times to confirm our room and all. When we got there we were charged more that we were supposed to. We were told that we werent getting any FREE Mt Olympus tickets like i was told when i called 3 times. After arguing with the rude man. we finally got our free tickets..we still had to pay for one. While we argued with the man in the front desk...he kept jumping between customers while still not finishing with one. We noticed that 3 other families who were staying there were having the same problems as us. Everyone complaining. Also NO ONE EVER came to our door to offer housekeeping... we had to do everything ourselves. NOT worth getting up to eat the toaster waffles....stale donuts... The smell of the place is just funky. The outdoor pool is FREEZING and the indoor pool is cold as well and gross. Room lamp was broken. uncomfortable beds, icky bathroom, blow dryer was falling from the wall, old old tv..semi broken..only one tv in our room had all channels.. the other one only had 16..not so good channels. VERY POORLY MAINTAINED "HOTEL" I WAS CONSTANTLY REGRETTING MAKING RESERVATIONS AT THIS PLACE. NEVER GOING BACK.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank a_noveron

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

chicago, illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This hotel has too many things that are wrong to even list them all. Broken toilet seat, tub doesn't drain and as a result has a scum ring, TV is at least 20 yrs old with no remote, outside pool has scum on top row of the tile, can't even see through to the bottom of the indoor pool, no smell of any chemicals at all! The only good part was that the air conditioner in the room worked. No real cleaning crew- the people at the front desks also clean the rooms!!! They say there is coffee and donuts...there is a toaster with bread in the entrance way. No air conditioning in any public area. Don't make the mistake we made by staying here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dmdp_964
il
Reviewed August 1, 2009

For someone who has traveled alot, I thought I seen it all at at hotel. This hotel is disgusting, filthy dirty, the staff smells, the pool's water is like thick with scum and they completely rip you off!!!!! The bathroom toilet made me vomit...it was filthy. The tv is like a 100 yrs old, the beds...omg...u like feeling and hearing springs all night? then these are the beds to sleep in. I feel I was lied to about being under charged and asked to pay additional fees(the clerk reck of booze), the carpets were stained, empty soap containers from the 70s, had to ask for ash trays, towels, cups, tp, etc... dirty chairs...afraid to sit on them...ick. Do not stay here ........

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank lizzy7000
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Our reservation was lost and the clerk refused to work with us or look into it even though we had our confirmation. Went on line to see what the record said and it was an active confirmation, though our price was more than half what they insisted we had to pay. Manager got involved (after making us wait 3 hours) and refused to accept that we did not cancel our reservation, even though corporate records backed us up. Don't know what computer she was using, but our ability to surf the net did get her to do something. We did call corporate who backed us up and made sure we got a room. Not the room we had reserved, however, as we had full size not queen size bed, the bathroom towel bar was broken, the tv remote was gone and all lights had been unplugged as if the room was not to be used. Staff was rude to the point where, regretably, we were rude in return. Booked at a low rate and got a very low quality room and visit.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank macamper
Madison, WI
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The staff is rude and charged me for a time I wasn't even there. After I called about the charge four times I was told my issue would be "looked into eventually". I was then hung up on. I'm still waiting for my $110 refund and considering legal action.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family