“AVOID at all cost.”

Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“AVOID at all cost.”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Avoid at all cost. All the negative reviews on here are real. We read them a bit too late. In addition to what others are saying, our bed sheets and towels are stained with blood. It looks like an underground fight club. Paul was rude, didn't care about our concern. Let's keep this hotel out of business. It needs leveling with the ground, fixing it would be too much.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank ferucciocl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I just went to the Dells this weekend and spent 2 nights here with my family. We had a group of 7 people a total of 3 rooms. My in-law's room had their own room and their water pressure was scorching hot! There was no cold water to shower with. My brother-in-law's room had a broken door. It would not close unless you lifted it up in order for it to lock. My room was the worst! There was no trash can, toilet paper, soap in any of the dispensers, or phone in the room. I called up the front desk twice from my cell phone in order to get service. The beds were filthy and who ever "cleaned" did a good job hiding their mess very well. The sheets and blankets were covered in long hair strands. I bought some cleaning supplies to wipe down the entire room. I was completely grossed out! I am an asthmatic and was so disgusted with the amount of dust, cobwebs and dirt on the rug and bathroom floors. To top it all off, the AC's filter was hanging out filled with dust and broken. I took it out to fix it but when I tried to put it back it cracked. I called the manager up and had to tell him everything and he said none of his cleaning crew showed up and will try to get the rooms cleaned as soon as he could. Overall, aside from the attractions I would not want to go back!

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank meli143

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Mauston, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Was here a few years ago , and had nothing good to say about front desk clerk. (RUDE).. It looks like all new staff this year , and courtouis...Good effort needed to be made somewhere if this place were / is to ever change.

Room Tip: Kids stay 1st floor near pool & Game Room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Paul C
Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Broken down and torn apart vehicle on jack stands in parking lot, nobody at front desk, waited for ten minutes for check in & when Paul came from a room behind the front desk it was obvious he was smoking in the room. Hot tub and pool out of commission, large sounding dog barking from inside a guest room, hotel smells, wifi out of commission, room dirty and obvious water damage, on ceiling and walls, we turned right around and left, could not stay in this place, Paul at front desk said a manager would contact me on what we could do on any amount of refund for our stay. Two weeks and still can't get ahold of this manager, Raj, to discuss a refund that Paul at the front desk said we could probably get but he didn't have the authority to do himself. Do not go near this place!

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Sjennj
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Last weekend I planned a snowboarding trip, well little did I know that there was a huge convention going on and it was valentines weekend. So almost everything in the dells was sold out. I called the Diamond hotel and after talking to a woman she transferred me to a male who said they have 15 rooms. He also said they are associated with Travel Lodge. He said that their hot tub and pool weren't working but if I wanted a room at travel lodge I could do that because their pool was in working order. GREAT! So I booked 3 rooms, with two queens in each. And after giving the guy my info reminded him that he never took my name, he said sorry he was distracted. The next day I go snowboarding with my group. My father went to get the rooms and guess what... They have no reservation for me. I call Diamond and they said oh yeah, you have a reservation. So Travel Lodge calls Diamond and they tell them I don't have one. By this point I'm getting angry, I call Diamond and say you just said I had one, now you tell Travel Lodge 30 seconds later I don't. I'm then told they're not associated with Travel Lodge, its the Comfort Inn. Same thing happens with them. I call Diamond and keeping calm remind them that I have a group of ten people that all drove far to enjoy the weekend. (I'm talking to a Hindu woman by this point with poor english) She just keeps repeating over and over that she has no record of my reservation. No matter what I said she repeated that like a broken record. Never again. I will tell everyone to stay FAR AWAY from that place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Andy K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked the room Mon eve for Sat nite. We arrived on Sat to "there's no such reservation for you, sorry" but don't worry we don't have a credit card#. My credit card billing comes through with a charge way out of this world dated Tues I get a call from someone saying they wanted my credit card # saying they want to credit the charge NOTTT!!!!!!!!
I did get it straightened out finally @W the card company
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dave S
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was beyond disgusting. The main maintenance man was bragging to another customer about how many times he had been in jail for violence. Dirty dirty room with pubs all over bathroom floor (that was about to cave in any moment.) The vent on the bathroom ceiling was hanging and upon showering the shower handle fell off. We were only given Chula Vista passes and none to places like Mount Olympus as promised. Upon reading other reviews, it sounds like the kiddie pool has not been filled or working in years as it was filled with trash and glass. The outside pool was filled with very broken down chairs, glass all over the cement where kids are playing, and 70's looking chair cushions in the bottom of the pool. The room and whole hotel were very dirty. The beds needed replacing a decade ago and felt awful. The pillows were so stained and only covered by a nasty pillowcase. There is numerous safety concerns here one being the door tithe inside pool was propped open at all times. Avoid this hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: No rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family