“Bad Business Practice”

pekin,illinois
“Bad Business Practice”
Reviewed September 12, 2008

i cancelled my reservation 2 weeks before i was suppose to be
there and i was told that i had to pay for one night's stay, because
i did not concell within their policy. i asked the girl who was helping me and i asked to talk to someone higher up about this and she told me that this was their policy and there was no one else to talk to. what a rotten way to do business. this must be the only way they can make money. i was and still are really ticked off
about this. they took 100.00 from me!

• Liked — did not stay
  • Disliked — did not stay
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank pekinbobcat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My family was moving from Seattle, WA to Indiana and decided one of our stops would be Wisconsin Dells. We booked a room at the Rodeway Inn; however on our way to Wisconsin one of our windows fell out of our van. (Long story.) This took us off our course so we called Rodeway Inn to cancel our reservation since we could not be there. They refused to cancel our reservation and charged us anyhow. We tried speaking with the manager and she told us it was tough luck. Maybe we were spared; it sounds like it's a horrid Hotel anyway. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Horrible Customer Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank micjenwat

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Belgium, WI
Reviewed June 16, 2008

If you have had a bad expierence at this hotel, contact
Choice hotels International.
We are able to get refund through them not the property.
Also, contact the Better Business Bureau and add to our complaints!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Too many to list!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank prft1124
Southern Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2008

I guess if I had bothered to check the reviews first, I wouldn't have booked this room, but I didn't. Live and learn. We booked for a Dells trip at the last minute & this was one of the last places available. I understand why now. When we got there, the woman at the desk was very friendly & helpful. I was a little leary because as far as I could see, we were the only people in the whole place. She said it was the calm before the storm. I thought the lack of guests was a bad sign, but ignored it. When we got to our room, it was outdated & worn. There was a hot tub in our room, but it took forever to fill so we only used it once. The TV was tiny. The sheets had hair in them. They barely covered the mattress which was filthy. We were gone all day & returned at 3 pm with housekeeping not having been there. We went to the front desk and they apologized and got the room cleaned then & gave us fresh towels. There was no soap/shampoo when we got there & they did not give us that when they cleaned. I had a discount card I wanted to use when we checked out, but the only person there didn't know how to input it. He said we could wait an hour & a half for the manager. At that point we just wanted to get out of there. I wrote an email to Choice Hotels because we usually stay there & this hotel is in no way representative of their quality. They apologized and contacted the hotel who also sent a letter of apology. Not much consolation for ruining our trip. About the only nice things to say about the place are that the parking was ample, the refrigerator was larger than usual and the wireless internet worked well. I would not go back to this place if they paid me to stay there.

• Liked — The larger than usual refrigerator & the location
  • Disliked — The lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank uwgirl65
fort atkinson
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I Have never been to a more Disgusting hotel in my life. As soon as we walked in the Lady at the front desk was the rudest person I ever met. I booked 3 non smoking rooms on the first floor and got there and was told we were on the 2nd floor and it reaked like smoke. We drove almose 2 hours. We entered our room and it was absoulutley filthy. I had Crap on my toliet seat, The microwave was splashed all full of food, the fridge was not plugged in, Empty glass on the floor in between the t.v. stand. We went down by the Pool and it was so gross. It was green looking, like its never been cleaned. There was no way I was staying at a hotel that was unsafe and unhealthy for my family. When I confronted the lady at the front, Who told me she was the manager, and told her about our rooms, she just said well they just cleaned them.never said Im sorry I ll get you another room. My Mom had a bad hip and couldnt walk upstairs very well, thats why I booked 1st floor. I tried showing the lady my confirmation paper that said 1st floor and she didnt even want to see it. Needless to say we left after 15 minutes and went to the Comfort Inn where we were treated wonderful and felt safe sleeping there. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO THE POOREST PERSON IN THE WORLD.i DIDNT KNOW REASONABLE RATES MEANT DISGUSTING ROOMS. THE FRONT DESK LADY DIDNT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING. WE GOT CHARGED $400.00 FOR NOT EVEN STAYING.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank nettybender
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Desperate times call for desperate measures.....we quickly had to find an inexpensive place to stay for the weekend. I checked the reviews on line and thought perhaps the bad reviews were due to germ-o-phobes and were exaggerating. THEY WEREN'T ! The place is filthy! We did, however, have clean towels (as far as I can tell). That was about it as far as cleanliness. The place reeked of cigarette smoke (and I'm a smoker and it bothered ME). Pool was cold, hot tub was too hot even to soak your feet in. Upper deck was filled with dog poop!! The "continental" breakfast consisted of bread & mini-powdered sugar donuts, that's it. Room was not vacuumed, food crumbs everywhere! The one poolside bathroom was under construction, the other was absolutely filthy!! We requested more toilet paper and was told they were out. We've traveled a lot and have stayed in some dives but this truly should be shut down by the health department. Absolutely disgusting!!

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank favre4president
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 14, 2008

-We stayed in an incredibly dirty room. It appeared to have never been vacuumed. There was hair, dust, dirt etc. everywhere.

-Housekeeping is next to non-existent. There were profane stickers on the light-switch cover.

-The sheets in the room seemed dirty, with stains on the bedspreads.

-Dated Decor

-LOUD hallways

- Black Hair in shower drain (our family is all blond)

-Cigarettes Butts in pool- swimming area very dirty

-Too Hot of hot tub, too cold of pool

-Sauna doesn't warm up

-Menstrual blood stains & mildew on lounge chair cushions

-Extreme humidity damage in pool area

-No tissues provided in the room- when we asked for a replacement the management said they had none.

-Terrible Continental Breakfast- donuts and white bread- no juice

-Bad smoke smell EVERYWHERE! even in Non-smoking rooms

-No Shampoo/Soap provided in the shower- limited amount of towels/ washcloths

-Very dusty vents in rooms- allergy condition

-Poor reception in the TV- channels come in and out and have a lot of static

-Refrigerator not working

-No appliances plugged in upon arrival

-Renovations in progress possibly? loud sawing noises at strange times of day and a lot of dust etc.

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING
  • Disliked — everything was disgusting
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family