“Never again.”

Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Never again.”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Last weekend I planned a snowboarding trip, well little did I know that there was a huge convention going on and it was valentines weekend. So almost everything in the dells was sold out. I called the Diamond hotel and after talking to a woman she transferred me to a male who said they have 15 rooms. He also said they are associated with Travel Lodge. He said that their hot tub and pool weren't working but if I wanted a room at travel lodge I could do that because their pool was in working order. GREAT! So I booked 3 rooms, with two queens in each. And after giving the guy my info reminded him that he never took my name, he said sorry he was distracted. The next day I go snowboarding with my group. My father went to get the rooms and guess what... They have no reservation for me. I call Diamond and they said oh yeah, you have a reservation. So Travel Lodge calls Diamond and they tell them I don't have one. By this point I'm getting angry, I call Diamond and say you just said I had one, now you tell Travel Lodge 30 seconds later I don't. I'm then told they're not associated with Travel Lodge, its the Comfort Inn. Same thing happens with them. I call Diamond and keeping calm remind them that I have a group of ten people that all drove far to enjoy the weekend. (I'm talking to a Hindu woman by this point with poor english) She just keeps repeating over and over that she has no record of my reservation. No matter what I said she repeated that like a broken record. Never again. I will tell everyone to stay FAR AWAY from that place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
6 Thank Andy K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I booked the room Mon eve for Sat nite. We arrived on Sat to "there's no such reservation for you, sorry" but don't worry we don't have a credit card#. My credit card billing comes through with a charge way out of this world dated Tues I get a call from someone saying they wanted my credit card # saying they want to credit the charge NOTTT!!!!!!!!
I did get it straightened out finally @W the card company
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dave S

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel was beyond disgusting. The main maintenance man was bragging to another customer about how many times he had been in jail for violence. Dirty dirty room with pubs all over bathroom floor (that was about to cave in any moment.) The vent on the bathroom ceiling was hanging and upon showering the shower handle fell off. We were only given Chula Vista passes and none to places like Mount Olympus as promised. Upon reading other reviews, it sounds like the kiddie pool has not been filled or working in years as it was filled with trash and glass. The outside pool was filled with very broken down chairs, glass all over the cement where kids are playing, and 70's looking chair cushions in the bottom of the pool. The room and whole hotel were very dirty. The beds needed replacing a decade ago and felt awful. The pillows were so stained and only covered by a nasty pillowcase. There is numerous safety concerns here one being the door tithe inside pool was propped open at all times. Avoid this hotel like the plague.

Room Tip: No rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Desmond D
Montgomery, Illinois
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here, as there were no other available hotels that had two rooms. Upon walking in the room, we immediately started calling around to see if there were any other rooms that happened to open up. This place stinks, is dirty, the rooms are gross, and the staff are not friendly either. Of course nothing else was available so we stayed our two days. We will never stay here again and will make sure no one we know does either.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Andrea N
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here with friends over the summer before and although I was totally worried, our experience was not too bad; so, I came back with some family out of town who had never been to the dells. Needless to say I didn't want to take them to a dump and totally ruin their experience and honestly we all think this place is pretty decent for the price you get which is crazy high during the summer anyway. We r not so snobby about things either so I guess we just felt the experience was standard to any busy tourist place like mertly beach.
During our stay, there was an Indian lady staffed in the morning at front desk. It was a bit interesting that she wore her Indian clothes but I was surprised that her English was really good & she was quite friendly and talkative. My family is from New York and it wasn't strange or anything, used to seeing immigrants all the time.
- no breakfast
- pool indoor and outdoor = clean and we were having so much fun the staff let it remain open for an extra 30min for us (closes at 10)
- we stayed in rm 201 w deck overview and sat out there at nt had drinks- obviously we r not partying like back when we were 21 so ev thing was fine. We even met some other people from our hotel and invited them up for drinks onto the deck
- FREE NOAH'S ARCH TICKETS!
obviouslly if you r bringing people here for the first time, Noah's arc is classic !
- there's swings and playground area on the grounds- which was nice for the kids.
- location is good too, walking distance to a lot - we taxied to the main strip

• Stayed August 2013
Aviston, Illinois
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I did not read the reviews before booking this hotel and boy I wish I did. This place is disgustingly dirty - I can't believe the health department has not closed it down!! When a 10-year old takes one step in the room and says, "Mom, I do not want to stay here!" That should say it all! Do not be fooled by the nice picture. It smelled, I don't think it has had a good cleaning, probably since these people took over ownership. There was one nice American gentelman who was involved - may be dating one of the workers - he said he has been trying to turn the place around for 6 months, but it is going to take 6 years!! We originally booked for 3 nights, but could not bring ourselves to stay there for even one - Luckily we found another nice hotel. They gave us a receipt that voided our credit card transactions (charged a $25 cancellation fee); however, it has been 9 days now, and I have not seen a refund on my credit card as of yet. As others have said - you have been warned!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PRakers
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is the nightmare of all hotels. Our room was dirty, the walls in the stairwells and hallways were filthy. Our tub had a sticker stuck on it from the crotch of a new swimsuit. The shelf was pulling off the wall, beds were hard, pillows flat. One pillow case per pillow(yuck). Outdoor pool was not heated, indoor pool no towels, when we asked for towels had to wait a long time while front desk clerk was on the phone with someone else complaining about their room. The indoor pool had black mold on the walls, I cant believe this hotel is passing health codes. We had no chain on the door, it was broken off. Wisconsin Dells is such a fun family place with many large and small nice places to stay, This is not one of them!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family