“Needs repair. Stay somewhere else, use only as a last resort.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Diamond Hotel

Diamond Hotel
Ranked #71 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kiel, Wisconsin
“Needs repair. Stay somewhere else, use only as a last resort.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here even after reading the reviews. We had already paid for one night so we decided to make the most of it. The room smelled like smoke. The place looked like it needed repairs. The playground looked unsafe and not taken care of. The whirlpool smelled like urine. Luckily, we were only there to sleep. There are much nicer hotels in the dells, use only as a last resort. The free waterpark passes made almost bearable, though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tom h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ended up staying at this hotel due to the bad weather over the weekend. We had Dells books which stated we would pay $69 a night. They attempted to charge us 139 a night saying "not tonight, not tonight" they wouldn't do the price that was stated. We got our room which wasn't the worst I've seen. We had to hit the TV in order for the channels to come in kind of clear and the sound went in and out. We decided to go to the indoor pool which was probably as warm as the hot tub. So, we went to the outdoor pool which they say is heated, but was freezing. The kid pool wasn't even up and running.. The following night, there was a disturbance at 2 in the morning which happened for about 45 minutes. I tried to call to complain, but was directed to a voicemail because there is no one there past 11. We woke up the next morning to find a note on our and many other cars saying "Sorry for the damage to your car." Thankfully, there was not any damage but had they had someone there 24 hours or security, that wouldn't have happened. The only good part to this hotel is the free pass to the water park and short walking distance to Mt. Olympus.. We had to complain to the owners before they gave us the almost right price... I suggest you take your money elsewhere.. this place is a joke..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We planned to stay at the Diamond Hotel for Auto Motion 2013 & booked 6 rooms in advance. The rooms were just adequate & ours even had a mini fridge. BUT....there were a few things that made us cringe & ultimately leave early getting no refund.

-Male ejaculate spot on couch
-Tiny bug on the pillow! (bed bug, tick?)
- Eyelash on the clean? pillow case
- Orange spots all over the extra pillowcase
- Black fuzz all inside the clean? sheets
- No parking. Literally, no spots & no space on the grass. Yes, this was Auto Motion, but we had 6 booked rooms & not 1 spot to park in. Our only option was to leave expensive race cars in some other lot & walk back. No thank you.

But would you want to leave your car in a lot where beer bottles are being flung from the balconies & burnouts are being done in the parking lot, shopping carts being zip tied on top of cars & the drunken screams go on throughout the night? Spring break in steroids-and the fun kind of spring break. Oh, and the walls are paper thin.

We read the poor reviews & thought it would just be a cheap hotel in a good location. We left unable to park, forfeiting our money. What a waste.

No refund or partial refund. No concessions made.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! We all warned you!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LCB81
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with some friends over the weekend. One of the girls said she always stays here for New Years and has a great time and that they have good waterpark packages. From the reviews in here I was really pushing to go elsewhere, but we stayed here anyway. Surprisingly it was not a horror movie like so many others said. Maybe the staff is different in the weekends or something but the front desk people were polite and we didn't have any room or key problems. The room was clean and bed clean- really everything was standard and fine. We received Chula Vista indoor water park tickets FREE with our stay and splash card FREE ... We had such a great time there! Yes the breakfast was basic mini muffins and oj/coffee kind of stuff but that was fine for my friends and I because we preferred eating out at various places there anyway. Overall I think it's standard basic experience- but definitely no problems fur us. We are planning on going again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank remarkablycc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked a room at the Diamond Hotel in dire emergency with nowhere to stay and we ended up driving all the way home to get out of that nightmare! Staff very rude, hung up on me over the phone. Tried to cancel our reservation with no luck, no surprise there. People in lobby were downright scary and not professionally dressed (they definitely lived there) and didn't speak English. The breakfast table was a joke. When you entered the lobby you were flooded with various odors. After a very long check in process, we headed, very reluctantly, up the creaky stairs. We stumbling into a man obviously on some hardcore drugs on his way out. We got to the second floor (room 216) and all we could do was laugh. We thought maybe this was a joke. Room numbers were falling off and written on the doors. The carpets filthy. A nauseating odor of smoke and other unknowns. We opened the door and were actually scared to go any further, but since we paid close to $100 (which by the way, we were overcharged by $15 and also charged for a second night we did NOT ask for), we needed to give it a shot. The lights flickered and the room was extremely dark even with the lamps (falling off the wall) on as well. No amount of darkness could hide the shocking reality that laid in front of us. We decided to at least use the restroom before we got the hell out of there. What existed behind the broken bathroom door was terrifying. Soap dispenser duct taped to the wall, filth didn't miss a square inch of that bathroom. One little stained towel intended to dry off with after a relaxing hot shower. I wouldn't be surprised if I contracted a virus from sitting on the toilet seat. But I guess I deserve it since I made the terrible mistake of GOING TO THE BATHROOM. There was a pathetic little plastic tub intended for ice in the corner of the room. Or maybe it was for vomit, I'm not quite sure. When washing my hands, the sink overflowed and the soap dispenser wouldn't stop ejecting soap. That was probably the first time in a long time that the sink has had contact with soap! I did more cleaning than the staff. The staff tried to steal my friend's license! But (probably seeing that she wasn't 21 yet, so it wouldn't be worth anything) gave it back mumbling about how she's the type of girl who would ask for it back and they get ID's "all the time" and "it happens more than you think." We got out of there about ten minutes into our stay with no refund, but I would've paid extra just to go somewhere safe! It's obvious that the positive reviews are either from the workers or the drug dealers who were staying there selling to the employees. I am embarrassed and disgusted that such place as the Diamond Hotel exists. This is a health hazard and safety hazard! Maybe you should stay here because we have enough frightening, unbelievable stories from our short ten minute stay to last a lifetime. We basically paid $200 to enter a horror movie, but this horror movie was real life!

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank KatelynMarieC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

In a last minute crisis our only option was to book a room at the Diamond Hotel. The moment we pulled up to the hotel I knew that I would not be able to stay there. After spending about 10 minutes gaining courage we entered the hotel to find 3 people creepily staring at us none of which spoke good English. After a long check in process (during which i realized we were being overcharged by $15) we were given our room keys and told to go up some stairs through a separate door since there was no elevator. As we entered the stairwell a man who looked to be on hardcore drugs exited. After walking up the dirty stairs I felt as if I was I a horror film. When reaching the second floor we were greeted with many interesting smells and rooms with many numbers missing room numbers (but don't worry, some were drawn on). We reached our room, tried to have a positive outlook, and entered. We were overcome with disgusting smells. After seeing it, I knew I could not stay there. To begin, two small stained towels were provided. The sink overflowed when someone tried to wash their hands. The soap dispenser would not stop dispensing soap. The lamps by the bed were nearly impossible to turn on and even harder to turn off. There was a hole in the bathroom door. Another soap dispenser was duct taped to the shower. We assume that the plastic Noah's ark bucket sitting on the table was meant for an ice bucket, if they even had those kinds of amenities. We were too scared to even sit on the beds based on how dirty the comforters were that we could not fathom sleeping in them. Everything in the room was dirty and disgusting. When we were on our way out after deciding after 5 minutes that we could not stay there a hotel employee(I'm assuming, even though she was in pajamas and slippers) approached us with my ID. In my horror at check in I had left it there(more like they had never handed it back to me). The woman continued down the stairs to the basement and as we were about to reenter the lobby to return the key an employee(once again assuming) began yelling down the stairs to her. Finally we made it back the lobby and returned our keys and left and made the drive back home and the drive back the next morning with no refund.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Taytaydaubs
Germantown, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Myself and some friends go to the Dells every year for an event called "Automotion." It's basically a huge car show that takes place prior to the crazy Dells Summer vacation season. Anyway, it's an extremely busy weekend, and even the small, dumpy motels get booked up (like this one).

We typically stay at the Flamingo, which isn't the Taj Mahal, but it great compared to this place. Last year, we made our reservation too late, and were forced to stay here. We had four rooms for two nights.

The rooms are disgusting. Dirty, smelly and some mold in the bathrooms. One of the bathrooms didn't even have a shower curtain. I don't even want to think about the bed linens. We just tried to ignore what may or may not be on them.

Our rooms were on the second floor, which was fine (no elevator or anything, but that doesn't matter). The hand rail on the balcony is basically waiting for a lawsuit. If you blow on it the wrong way, it sways back and forth.

Also, we got locked out of our room numerous times (actually, locked out of numerous rooms, numerous times), and the owner/manager was barely competent enough to use the key card machine to reprogram the lock and let us back in. In fact, for a little while, we were instructed to "use the window" to get in and out, as the manager was busy.

Furthermore, the outdoor pool was "closed" (we jumped in, after finding the gate unlocked, and then were quickly told to get out). The indoor pool/hot tub area was disgusting -- stagnant water pooled on the deck everywhere. It looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in ages. Somehow, I don't think it was a coincidence that most of the people that ventured into the indoor pool/hot tub ended up catching some sort of illness (thought it was just a cold at the time, but that pool was rank).

Lastly, the owner/manager threatened to call the police on us when we refused to go to bed when he told us to. We were not being loud, and were, in fact, outside enjoying the night with all of our neighbors (who were equally disgusted with their rooms). After telling the owner/manager to go ahead and call the police, he got back in his car, drove to his house (a building at the back of the property) and went to bed (lights in the house went out).

How a place like this can stay in business is beyond me. How has the BBB not shut them down?

Room Tip: Do NOT get ANY room here!!!