“Do Not Stay”

Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
West Burlington, Iowa
“Do Not Stay”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This may have been a nice hotel in its day but not so much now. The indoor pool looked like it had an oil slick on top of the water, the hot tub was luke warm. We stayed in room 216. The room was dirty, the lamps by the bed did not work ,one of the light bulbs were missing. One of the chairs were broken, it collapsed when my son sat in it (he weights 86 lbs.). There wasn't any complimentary soap or shampoo, the shower had a soap dispensor on the wall that didn't work very well. There were no fitted sheets on the beds. There seemed to be a shortage of staff. No continental breakfast, only coffee which you had to filter the grounds out of the bottom of the cup. We reserved the room for two nights but when we asked for a refund for the second night so we could go somewhere else, we were told there were no refunds. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

6 Thank Steven S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Florence, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 the first room we received smelt as if someone was smoking in it. So we told the manger and she gave us room 340 we hauled our luggage up the dumb, creeky stairs and we look at the bed and hair was all over it and the bathroom walls.I even think we seen bed bugs on it DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My father was very upset and asked for our money back the lady said "sorry no refunds" and we could hardly understand her, learn some english! We were forced to stay in 117 after moving 2 times we looked at everything to make sure it was clean. Then went to the pool outside 1 of the slides didn't even work. Later on we came back for the night and most of the t.v. channels didn't even work also the remote didn't work either. They gave us 1 pillow each and with 4 people "wow" SO STAY SOME PLACE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: 117 was fair maybe even better
6 Thank savannah v

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Germantown, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is the most disgusting place I've ever been.

No sheets on the bed. Not enough pillows.

Bloody wash cloth in the bathroom. Filthy cup with some red substance in it.

Blankets no one in their right mind would use. Keeping that in mind. We were charged an

additional $50 because they said we stole a blanket.

The people who work here are disgusting and drunk half the time.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car before you stay here.
5 Thank Fred F
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We reserved this room for a surprise Father's Day overnight trip, and it turned into a terrible experience. To start, the room door didn't lock and the room itself was horribly dirty (I have photos of the stains on the blankets that were on our bed), and the lamps by the bed not only didn't work, but the one was missing the light bulb completely. When we went to the front desk to get more blankets, they were worn through and dirtier than the previous ones we had on the bed originally. The front desk worker could barely walk or talk and didn't have a clue how to talk to anyone. Definately some big issues going on there. After deciding that I wouldn't let my kids sleep in filth like this, we reserved another room in Mauston. When I asked the manager for our money back (on the phone because there was no manager on site), he said it's his policy to not refund money to customers and it was my responsibility to check the room to ensure it's adequate way before we 'settle in for the night." I have never heard of such a thing in my life -- since when is it the customer's responsibility to make sure the bed sheets and blankets are clean when they check in, before they go out for the evening??? The manager also told me that he no longer refunds money because he has too many people that come, stay for a couple hours, and get a different hotel. (I did tell him the reason people may do this -- because the hotel is gross.) I have never been so disrespected and disgusted. Do NOT get trapped into staying at this hotel because there isn't anything else available because you will regret your decision, like the other 75 people who have written reviews (above), just like ours this weekend. Sleeping in our car would have proven to be more comfortable and cleaner than this hotel!!

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Diamond!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cmalueg
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 1, 2012

First of all, this was a last minute..desperate need of a hotel situation, and this was all that was available for cheap (since all we needed it for was to sleep). But ever seen the movie Vacancy? That was all I could think of while entering this hotel and honestly could not really fall asleep I was that scared! We checked in around 9 pm, entered the office, nobody was around so we rang the bell. It took about 5 rings to finally get someone to come out, even then the employee/manager stumbled out (looked drunk/stoned) HONESTLY! He was even looking scary, could barely talk or read the confirmation paper. Right then and there I was wanting to leave and find another hotel however it was too late. Just to get our keys it took him like 5 minutes to swipe the right room on them. He specifically told us that in order to get into the building, we would need the keys. We drove closer to our room, grabbed our stuff, made sure we had our room keys in order to get into the building (just like he said), and the outside door was not even locked. ANYBODY could walk in to that building! Once we walked into the, the hallways were disgusting (gross stains on the carpets, dirt all over, garbage, and smelt horrible). We entered our room and the lights did not work. Had to leave the door open to have light to find the lamp. The room door was not very secure (there was a bolt and a chain, only the bolt worked), the chain was broken and just dangling down (so of course I was scared and all I could think of was that movie). The TV remote did not work, however we did find another remote UNDER the bed that did work. There were spider webs on the walls in the corners. The sheets were dirty, the pillows were flat, there were cigarette burns on the blankets, dirt on the floor. The towels seemed to be clean, but there were stains on them (very very GROSS). The soap dispenser barely worked. The next day, we were gone all day and came back at night. We tried getting into our room and the keys did not work. We tried both keys every which way and nope they did not work. So we had to go to the front desk again (just an inconvenience). Of course..he was not around so we had to ring the bell. He came out and we told him our keys were not working. So we had to get brand new keys. We finally got into our room and I just made sure everything was still how we left it (DEFINITELY DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN THERE). We did actually want to go swimming because the pool actually looked somewhat decent however the pool was closed. We asked him why and he does not have a pump for it and that he has been without a pump for about a month or longer (ah..just a thought but..maybe get a new pump?). Once we left..all we could do was laugh at our experience, everything that went wrong, everything that was scary, and even everything that we had to deal with the manager for. Even though we were just there for a weekend...and only at night..we do wish we would have been able to find another hotel. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE! It truly was the scariest, nastiest place EVER!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Do not choose any rooms in this hotel!!! Find another one please!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank meg J
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My whole family and I checked into this hotel for a 2 night stay to have a wonderful time in Wisconsin. As soon we entered our room I told my husband I could not spend another minute there. Unfortunately for us all the hotels were sold out so we had to spend the night there. The toilet was broken, the floors were very dirty. The switches were exposed. There were used sanitary towels in the TUB!! There were only 2 towels in our room that looked used with stains on them.The head board fell on my kids head at night. Somebody's dirty socks was in the sheets. We called room service nobody was there to talk to.In the morning I went to the front desk to ask for clean towels, it took them 20 mins to get me another 2 dirty towels. We were so ready to get out of there . We went to the front desk to check out , there were at least 5 different families demanding to speak with the manager. It was such a chaos, the police were called. If I have to write my experience at diamond hotel , it might take a book. Terrible place. I could not believe that places like that exist in America.

Room Tip: Do not choose the hotel Ever!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Irene E
carbondale illinois
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked a room at the diamond hotel for 3 nights for our first trip to the Dells. We went and checked in and dispite the place seeming a little dirty and having a funny smell we decided to give it a try. Well the wifi barely worked and I was hardly ever able to get online. The fridge barely worked and was really loud. The bathroom was disgusting. We went to check out and said we wanted our money back and they said when we signed in we signed a contract to pay for all 3 nights and would not refund our money. We left anyway cause we were not going to stay in the nasty place but it still costed us a lot of money. I read the reviews but thought we would give it a try, hopefully other people will read these reviews and save themselves the nightmare we had. If you want to try the place then demand to see the room before you sign anything

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple