“ruined our trip”

Ranked #74 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
carbondale illinois
“ruined our trip”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked a room at the diamond hotel for 3 nights for our first trip to the Dells. We went and checked in and dispite the place seeming a little dirty and having a funny smell we decided to give it a try. Well the wifi barely worked and I was hardly ever able to get online. The fridge barely worked and was really loud. The bathroom was disgusting. We went to check out and said we wanted our money back and they said when we signed in we signed a contract to pay for all 3 nights and would not refund our money. We left anyway cause we were not going to stay in the nasty place but it still costed us a lot of money. I read the reviews but thought we would give it a try, hopefully other people will read these reviews and save themselves the nightmare we had. If you want to try the place then demand to see the room before you sign anything

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mrandmrssmith413

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This place is SCARY! We were lured in by the apparent beautiful exterior of the hotel. After we checked in we discovered our room was a filth hole. Smelled like smoke, mold and poop. Toilet was covered with various cultures of bacteria, bedsheets were wrinkled and stained, under the bed was complete filth and looked like it had not been vacuumed in years. Room service was promised by 3 pm. We came back at 6 pm with filth remaining there as before. To top it all off in the middle of the night a guy that was clearly intoxicated and on crack barged in with the correct key and after being confronted why he came in the middle of the night he said he was checking if anyone was in the room. Internet worked only from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. and if you wanted to get connected after that forget it! Phone didnt work either. Pretty much everything was wrong with this hotel. AVOID

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Bianca R

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I have visited the Dells twice a year for over 7 years now and Ive stayed at many different hotels. This experience shocked me! The door and the bathtub had mold on it. The room smelled moldy and the carpets were damp. The towels had hair and orange stains on them. We paid $130.00 to stay in place so dirty I did not feel safe taking off my shoes. I laid my own towels across the bed so I did not touch the sheets. There was a stain on the bed. We did not shower either after seeing the mold inthe shower and dirty towels. There seemed to be soda splattered on the wall that was never wiped off. When we woke up, the fridge was turned off so we had to throw away the food we baught the day before. The fridge was on when we got there (not sure what happened). The tv did not work!!! Not a sinlge channel came in. The floors had not been vacuumed in a long time...and they had the nerve to put an envelope on the desk that asked for tips! I felt dirty when I left. When we explained our experience to the lady at the front desk, she was not interested at all :(

Room Tip: smelly,dirty, moldy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Sara T
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2011

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sara T
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This place was the most filthy, dirty, rotten,scary, unsafe, and annoying hotel in the world. First, there were gashes in the wall along with holes. The lock on the door was broken off. Then the bed was covered in stains and hair. to add more, the rooms were like an oven. There was no air conditioning. The lobby that one would walk into smelled horrible. When we would call the "hotel" there was a drunk man on the phone who told us that when we should not call anymore because we were disturbing him and did not want to talk to customers. On top of that, there was human sperm on the wall. I was sickened and almost threw up. In addition, at night, there was a barking dog in one of the rooms. Our friends and myself called the front desk, and banged on the door to make the dog stop
barking. We got no results until one of us called the police. The owner of the dog came walking in at five thirty in the morning drunk as a skunk. For the kids, who were in a baseball tournament, got little sleep, and the parents, who were closer to the dog got one to two hours of sleep. Everything on the website that they promise is a lie and that quote was made up by the drunken gypsies at the front desk. They charged us for more nights than we stayed and many of our team got ripped off too. Finally to top off this hell hole, the "pool" in the parking lot hurt our skin and the bottom of pool was so rough, it cut our skin. I was afraid of infection. There was no breakfast, no special coupons for water parks, and the place was a flea bag. So please do yourself a favor and do NOT even think about staying and this filth shack. I am writing this review to warn you all!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
10 Thank Findling
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Was a Roadway Inn. They took there name off it is so bad. Just don't go here. Sleep in your car if you must. Mant nicer, cleaner, friendly hotels

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank auctioneerDePere
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Its dirty, smelly, nasty, rooms smell bad, carpet is sticky, we found bugs on the walls, stains on the sheets and towels, the bathroom is nasty we couldn't even take a shower, thei're liers, they charged us for three nights when we only stayed for one night because it was too late and we had to stay there, otherwise we wanted to leave that night, but they said they will charge us one night if we cancel. There's no one on the front desk to help us, the owner stayed in the back office and refused to show up and talk to us when we went the next day to get refund. No internet access when they say the provide that! No light bulbs in the lamps. I can't describe enough how bad it was, just don't go there, stay away from it STAY AWAY FROM IT. DON'T GO THERE!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family