“Most Horrible Hotel Ever!”
Review of Diamond Hotel

Diamond Hotel
Ranked #72 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Most Horrible Hotel Ever!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is the most horrible hotel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed in even cheaper hotels and not had any problems at all. There was no soap in the dispenser by the sink. The towels had yellow or black stains all over them. Dried blood stains on the box spring. No fitted sheets. Hair on the bathroom floor, bathtub, and sink. No daily room service. The only people working there overnight do not speak English.

Besides all of the issues with the room and property itself, we had a basketball team (teenagers) rooming right next to us who ran up and down the halls and yelled all night long both nights we were there - apparently there were no adults there to supervise them (I thought you had to be an adult to book a hotel room?). My husband had to confront them in the middle of the night himself since no one at the front desk would have understood him; he was then threatened by these rude kids. The walls were paper thin, so you could hear everything in the hallway and the room next door. Everytime someone came into the hallway, the door would slam shut, and make a loud noise that woke us up all through the night. A car alarm went off in the middle of the night for about an hour (again, no one to tell - they also don't ask for your vehicle information, so they wouldn't have known whose car it was anyway).

On top of everything, at 4:30 am, somoene pulled the fire alarm, so we all had to leave our rooms and go outside - mind you we had our not even 2 year old daughter with us. We had enough at this point and went home. When my husband called later that day to speak with a manager, she of course wasn't there. The lady on the phone never apologized for anything after my husband explained the terrible experience and basically said it wasn't their fault and they gave us the best room available.

Room Tip: Rooms are dirty and noisy
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Pandabear2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My friend and I tried to stay here for a Sat and Sun night. She had given all her info and credit card number to a man on the phone the previous week. We showed up there and attempted to check in and the lady at the desk said she had no record of our reservation and there were no more rooms available. We could tell it was probably a scam because she barely even let my friend finish saying her name before the lady turned us down. She did not ask us to repeat or spell out my friend's name or check any of her info. She did not even apologize or say communication must have been mixed up. She was simply a broken record repeated "I do not have your reservation." A few days later, my friend checked her bank account and saw that the Diamond Hotel had charged her card over a hundred dollars. We figured something was sketchy about the entire situation and unfortunately, the Diamond Hotel proved our suspicions to be true. Seriously, do not bother booking at this place. This hotel ruined one of our vacation nights and we spent hours trying to find another hotel with vacancy (easier said than done on a Sat night in June). I cannot say anything about what the rooms were like, but I can certainly say that the service, professionalism, and common decency of this "hotel" are severely lacking.

Room Tip: My tip?Stay away from shady people like this.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank lisblue

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Shakopee
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We didn't even stay for more than 20 minutes. The check in time supposed to be at 3 pm, we arrived at 5:45 pm and the room is not even ready. They didn't even clean the room, they just sprayed the room with a couple bottle of air freshener. We all got a headache and couldn't even breath. The guy at the front desk look intoxicated. The bed sheets are not changed, still have a bunch of previous guest hairs, they just straight up the sheets. The towels are all covered with yellow stains. Nothing work at this place.

Room Tip: Better at a camping site than this junk
Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Khongdidaunua
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2011

was not my first choice, but expedia lured me to this nightmare ,, got there for check-in went up to room and oh my,, tv and phone not working so I went down to COMPLAIN,, they did come up and moved the tv stand and plugged everything into a power strip, I did ask what the bad odor was but,, they seemed not to smell it.,,so off I went to hit the town came back to find no internet,,they said they would send the computer guy right over.. he showed up the managers 13-14 yr old son,, he could/nt get it working so I told the guy at the front desk that I was leaving,, should not be charged,,because I only spent a total on an hour and half,,, and the next day noticed I was charged full price., worse hotel stay I've ever experienced. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE,,,INSPECTORS RELY NEED TO DO THERE JOB.. SHOULD SURELY BE SHUT DOWN AND REPAIRED,,, AND EXPEDIA SAYS THIS IS A 3 STAR HOTEL,,,, WILL NEVER NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank vell28
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Where to start....I had my dog with me. Front desk man said it was $15 a night. When we paid, he pocketed the money. Room was terribly dirty, hair everywhere (bed, bathroom), floor was not vacuumed. My dog's ball went under the couch so I moved it out from wall. It was probably not cleaned behind or under in a year. NO joke. Food under couch, dust bunnies. Gross. We tried to cancel the 2nd night, but front desk man said it was up to Orbitz who we booked through. He then printed out a receipt for us, which was someone else's. When we called them, they said it was up to front desk. Then front desk man said he would refund us if they booked up. Near impossible as there were five cars there besides ours. Then we truthfully said the room was very dirty and we were uncomfortable. Plus the pool was broken, no continental breakfast. Nothing as stated. He then said if we would have told him that it would have been different. So there's the first lie. We very hesitantly stayed second night as he refused to refund, stating he didn't have any money there and couldn't refund our credit card. Remember the money he pocketed when we got there?

Moving on....we requested new linens, new towels, vacuum the room! He then argued with my boyfriend stating he had been up until 2 a.m. and was "so busy". Front desk man then said he would take care of our room himself, which wasn't necessary. Just get someone in there for minimal hotel services. So we left for the day, came back at 7 that night. Room had not been touched! At this point my boyfriend had words with front desk man. The man said we agreed to change our own bedding. Lie #2!! There were other people checking in at that time and he got angry with them stating he again was so busy, and told them room wasn't ready.

We left for dinner and stopped at front desk to remind him of room number. At the same time pizza delivery came for front desk. He came out from back apartment or whatever is there and paid with money from his pocket. He then apologized to us and said room would be ready. When we finally got back at 10:30 surprise, surprise the room had been taken care of. Needless to say, I had a sleeping bag in my trunk and even after bedding change we still chose my sleeping bag.

Front desk man, who maybe was drunk the whole time, refused to let us speak to owners when requested. He said he couldn't give personal information. When my BF said he was their customer and unhappy with their business, he lied (#3) and said they were on vacation and unreachable.

Please save yourself your hard earned money and the hassle and choose elsewhere. Worst hotel experience ever. Dishonest people. Filthy place. I paid for a pet friendly room and wouldn't even let my dog stay there if that says anything.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kage17
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2011

i traveled here with my boyfriend in October, thinking that it was going to be a great stay considering i looked at the hotel online and they made it look so great. The moment we got there, no one was in the lobby, no workers to be seen anywhere. So we rang the bell and a guy from the back, walked up in his pajamas as if he just woke up, it was disgusting! Then a guy that smelt of alcohol and was clearly drunk came up behind the counter and asked if he could help up. Instantly me and my boyfriend asked if we could cancel our reservation, it was that bad. Horrible service. Then we asked about the pool, breakfast and Mt. Olympis tickets, and he told us "the pool and hot tub are broken, the game room isnt open and continental breakfast isnt provided, and also mt olympis tickets arnt provided"...At that point, my boyfriend and i said there is no way we are staying there. We ended up staying there becuase they wouldnt let us cancel but the rooms were freezing, no heat and the bed sheets had stains on them. It was BY FAR the worst hotel i have stayed at and defiately will NEVER be staying there again, i do NOT recommend this hotel for anyone!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bluer02
madison, WI
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My family had one night and two days to spend in "The Dells". Looking through the Wisconsin Dells brochure made this hotel look worthy, tickets to Mt. Olympus and free breakfast, what more could we need. OMG, ick. This hotel smells, everywhere. The lobby, the hallways, the rooms, the pool areas, indoor and out. Creepy man hanging out by the pool and the restroom door had no locks by the pool. The free breakfast-oh, that had ended years ago, but still was listed. Hmmm...false advertising? Can you get in trouble for that in Wisconsin? Never, ever again and would not recommend this to anyone, even my worst enemies.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family