All reviews bath ritual quiet room steam room signature massage infinity pool kohler shower hot tub luxury suite r r common areas lounge chairs overnight guests yogurt del bar sitting area fire pit robes
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I swore I would NEVER cone to the Wisconsin Dells, but upon seeing this "adult only" spa, I changed my mind. Ypon Upon arrival, I was greeted by a delightful valet/bellmsn. He ynloaded my luggage, delivered it to my room and parked my car. Despite the amount of ongoing construction, the arrival was easy until I got to the front desk as was greeted by the SNARKIEST front desk person. I travel a great deal and stay in many 5 star hotel and she was the worst I have encountered! She made me feel like I was doing a great favor by staying here...without realizing that without guests like me, she would be unemployed! Then, when I tried to schededule spa services and scheduling was difficult, she basically scolded me for not scheduling when I made the hotel reservations. I finally succeeded in making spa reservation...took 3 visits to the front desk and my final treatment is the morning of my departure...a bit inconvenient, but the only time available! The spa staff was fabulous! The ser ices, so far, nbn have been wonderful...even getting me sandal that fit properly! The restaurant/room service staff was friendly and efficient. The food was good, although, as a professional chef, I always expect the best. My room was lovely, and the housekeeping staff was terrific! I will return in the future, when construction is complete, and, hopefully, the front desk staff is less nasty.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank susyqb
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Expensive. The pool area that I enjoy was under construction, so, you needed to enter a labyrinth to get to the other pool, which only reached 3’6”. The massage I chose was $145 and then $20 was added on. I’m still not sure what this was about. The massage was very good, but with the tip, was $200. I feel that a back/shoulder massage was a lot of money compared t many places I’ve been.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Visiting out of state, my cousin treated both of us to an overnight stay and massage. The pool area was great. She loved the swim up bar. Our included breakfast was delicious and the spa treatments excellent. A return trip is on the future.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank tlyon11
Alyssa M, Director of Resort Operations at Sundara Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

We look forward to your return trip. Until then, stay energized!

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Went last Friday. First time visiting. Checked in, no one met us to bring us to the locker room. Once we got there , no attendant to get us our robes or lockers. Had to go out looking twice before someone came. Massage was ok. Swim up bar was nice. They are under construction mind you, we had to pay an extra $25 to use the pools after the massage. They did not charge extra before. Too bad. I was really excited about going. Expensive for what you get.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank banana5214
Reviewed August 14, 2018

First of all, my room was dirty - surprisingly dirty. I brought it to the attention of the manager and the housekeeping manager. The housekeeping manager cleaned the room herself. The manager said that she would give me a discount for the appearance of the room. Well, she took $100 off my total bill. I really think that was an insult. I spent over $3000 at that place over 3 days! To me, the more appropriate thing for her to have done would have been to have covered my room for a night. I was planning on staying for 4 nights, but I ended up cutting my visit short and left after 3 nights because everything was so meh.

Generally, the food was pretty good. I saved myself a lot of trouble and brought some of my own wine.

Regarding the treatments themselves, they were definitely mediocre. I was particularly disappointed in the massages. I like deep tissue. Unfortunately, even when I would ask the therapist to give me more pressure, they didn't really do it. I had 4 different massage therapists, and the only one that did a good job was Eva. She was GREAT!! The facial was so-so. Skip the Moroccan bath. It's a total waste and expense!

Overall, at the prices Sundara charges, if you are willing to spend that kind of money, go to a world class destination spa like Mii Amo or Miraval (in Arizona) or Lake Austin Spa Resort in Texas.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo