We've been visiting Sundara for a few days every year or two since they opened and after this last visit I can honestly say that we won't make the effort to come back. It is no longer worth the three hour drive. First, the peace and tranquility is gone, there are large groups of guests talking loudly and playing with their phones in the public areas. Second, it's nowhere near as clean as it used to be. The bedside tables and wood ledges in our room were covered in a layer of dust. There was even a bobby-pin from some previous guest on the bathroom counter in our room. The spa waiting area (supposed meditation room) had wet cushions and people sprawled-out laying on the couches. There was even a woman picking her bare feet on one of the seating cushions who would alternate between picking her feet and then chewing her fingers...or chewing something she picked off of her feet....yuck. The massage therapist was good, but they automatically add 20% gratuity to the service, so an 80 minute massage cost a total of $228, while the midweek nightly rate for the less than clean room was $269. Lastly, my husband and I both developed sinus issues whenever we entered our room, so my guess is that the maintainance of the HVAC system and filters has probably declined as well along with the rest of the property. My advice - skip Sundara, save your money, and take a trip to Kohler's American Club Resort & Spa in Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells