I had very high expectations when going to this spa. This was supposed to be my first night away from my new baby. I was bringing a girlfriend who was also a new mom. The purpose of the trip was relaxation and finally a good nights sleep!!!!
Upon arrival, we asked the front desk if it was ok for us to have guests in our room. We had friends in the area who were coming to meet us for dinner and we decided to order room service instead of going somewhere. They said they did allow guests in the room, and we proceeded to order over $100 in room service. After dinner our guests left around 8pm. The staff at the front saw us walk our guests out. We then had a drink by the pool and headed to our room for bed. All of a sudden, at 10:40 pm we got a phone call to our room. It was the front desk asking if our guests had left. They said they had a policy that guests need to leave by 10pm. It was almost as if the staff thought we were sneaking people in. We were extremely offended to get a call at such a late hour!!!!! This was finally our night of good sleep. The spa doesn't even allow cell phones on common grounds, that is how relaxing they want it to be. Why they felt it was necessary to call at such a late hour is beyond me!!! They ended up giving us $25 off our bill, but I feel that was the least they could do!
I have to admit, the spa itself was beautiful, but the staff and how the spa is managed was horrible. We had a pedicure also while we were there (value $85). I work in the beauty industry and there is nothing unique about their pedicure. You could get the same pedicure in the mall for $25. Definitely not worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 26-acre parcel is lush with sky-high pine trees and natural Wisconsin stone outcroppings. Respect for the natural resources is at the soul of Sundara's green practices. Our heated outdoor infinity edge pool, sculpted fireplace, waterfalls and curving deck connect seamlessly with the tranquil environment. The main building is representative of some of the most striking Organic-style architecture in the Midwest. Inside, the principles of Feng Shui contribute to a soothing environment. Our spa treatments incorporate the finest organic products from around the world. The Sundara Spa signature collection even draws ingredients indigenous to the area for an authentic experience. Our spa cuisine features the fruits of labor of fresh, local, seasonal ingredients. Sundara is drawn from the Sanskrit word for "beautiful." We interpret that as beauty flowing from wellness. Our carefully selected and highly trained service providers are healers at heart and passionate about their work, putting customer satisfaction at the center of all they do. Whether you choose to stay in one of our 26 elegant suites, or perhaps just linger for the day, we hope it will be a transforming experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Sundara Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sundara Spa Wisconsin Dells
- Sundara Hotel Wisconsin Dells