Flamingo Motel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)
  • Pool
Flamingo Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Mt. Olympus Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Country Squire Inn(Wisconsin Dells)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2010

The manager Debbie was very rude. When I called to find out why I didn't receive an email confirmation, she made it sound like it was my fault! She even hung up on me, when I called back she said it was my fault. When we got to the Flamingo, the people were all rude & didn't want to help. Our room never got cleaned, had to complain over & over again. We only stayed because if the free Noah's Ark tickets don't waste your money. At night we could sleep due to the loud people outside our room, drinking beer & being loud. They threw chicken bones all over the front & Debbie said we were pigs, ummm thatvwad the gangster people getting drunk & was never told by managmemt to be quite. Some people weren't getting the free tickets, bait & switch if u ask me.

1  Thank Tnjpaul
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I woek at a Hotel so obveously when I got there I checked everything out. I stayed in room 101. The shower head was moldy there were stains on one of the blankets and stains on the floor. When I called and asked to book a reservation i asked for a standard room with one king bed, Not a suite. The lady told me the price and when I asked why the prices were different from what I saw on the internet she told me that it is because of the Noahs Ark Tickets. She booked me a suite which was frumpy anyway. I would not have payed that much knowing this. The kiddie pool for my son was dirty, the floor was brown and looked like it has never been cleaned. The "hot tub" was cold inside and out. The "heated pool" indoors was cold. The chairs to sit on outside our room were dirty. This motel was disgusting and the only reason why they probably get business is because of where they are located. It was definately not worth the price I payed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rose_marigold
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Since 2004, my wife and I have stayed at the Flamingo on four different trips to WI Dells. We have stayed here once on a honeymoon weekend, and later with two young children (pre-school age) and other family. We have always enjoyed our stay, and though would not necessarily consider it the most updated property, if you understand the context of what you are doing in WI Dells it can be a wonderful and cost-effective option.

If the focus of your trip is going to be Noah's Ark, then this is the BEST location with a backdoor entrance directly into the water park (and free tickets to the park for staying each night other than Saturdays during peak season). The rooms are not new, are not pristine, but are adequately clean in our experience. The employees are not always the friendliest, but we have never had a problem beyond that.

I don't doubt that some folks have ended up paying a $10 cancellation deposit they were not expecting, but these folks also often start their review with 'I wish I would have taken a closer look' or 'I was fooled by the free tickets' which were choices they could have made differently to begin with. If you take a look at what the Flamingo is, and you think it sounds like a good deal and a good time, then you will likely have that experience. We always have.

I would equate it to an 'old Vegas hotel'. If you go to Vegas expecting The Strip but you book a room on Freemont, you would probably be surprised, find the rooms inadequate in ways, and believe it was 'not as clean' as you thought it should be. However, if you understand this context going in, there is a lot of charm to be found at the Flamingo.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jimmymcbono
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I've stayed here a few times with my friends, it's kind of become a tradition. We usually bring 4-6 people and all pack in one standard room. We always choose this hotel because the rate is low, you get tickets to Noah's Ark, and the location is great.

I recommend it for students who are more about getting outside and having fun in the dells. If you are looking to hang out in your room all day, this is not the place for you.

We've never had any problems with our reservations or getting the Noah's Ark tickets. They have a decent pool area to hang out in. The rooms definitely need upgrading, but it doesn't look like that will be done anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank WITraveler3353
Reviewed January 10, 2010

So i got asked by one of my friends...(she is not very wealthy) to go to the dells with her for the weekend. I had really only been to Kalahari,Great Wolf Lodge, and Wilderness. So when she told me we would be staying at the Pink Flamingo, i went to go look it up, after reading the reviews i was scared, as i am not used to anything unclean! (my mother is a bit of a cleaning fanatic) I went anyway not wanting to disapoint her. I do belive that some of the room maybe on the other side are bad as when they opened the doors to one of them it didn't look at clean as the one i had. It was small, and the bed spread was old, but nothing wrong with it. I was realived. I was on the left side wing. I guess it's luck of the draw. I mean i wouldn't WANT to stay there agian, but if i got invited i would i guess. It's an okay place. Enjoy guys and have fun and Noah's ARK! One thing i disliked is waking up to little kids screaming in the pool...not fun haha:)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends