“Worst motel i've ever stayed in!!”

Flamingo Motel & Suites
Ranked #61 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
New Berlin, WI
Reviewed June 26, 2006

The minute i opened the door i was just disgusted! The room smelled horrible!! It was so bad that we had to go and buy an air freshner for the room and that didnt even help. There were stains on the bed sheets, the chairs and the curtains. The bathroom was really small and really gross! I didnt even want to be in the room for 2 seconds because it was so gross and smelled so bad. Staying at the Flamingo pretty much ruined my vacation. I would never ever stay here again!!!!!!!! DON'T EVER STAY AT THE FLAMINGO!

• Stayed: June 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 16, 2005

The management couldn't even get my reservation straight - that is how disorganized, and perhaps dishonest this establishment is. I was misquoted a roomrate by 100% (rate doubled after I hung up and got my confirmation number)-management would not honor a verbal agreement. Tried for 2 days to reach them to straigten this mess out only to find "our phones were down". My advice - get your room information in writing - not verbally!

Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2005

I stayed there 2 years ago with my family. After reading other reviews I had to write and also warn others. I too was lured by the free tickets to Noah's Ark. Mind you, it is only 4 tickets-regardless of how many are in the room (you could purchase extras for a discounted price). The room was so bad, my niece and I started a list while we were there of all the bad things. The fridge in the room would not shut unless a chair was placed in front of it. Our "view" out the window was the employees smoking area in the back. The bathroom was moldy and very small. There was a window in the BATHTUB which looked out to the door of the maintainence room (right next to the smoking area). The carpet was never dry and we noticed after the cleaning crew was there, the bugs were still on the ground. As far as security goes, there wasn't any. The room locks were the old standard simple keys with the room number engraved on it. They had 3 COLD!! outdoor pools, although only one had lights. The only indoor pool had no supervision. I have reservations for a different Wisconsin Dells hotel and I hope to have a much better time.

• Stayed: August 2003
18  Thank Karen M
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Stayed at the Flamingo for 3 days and had a good time. Great location close to all the great attractions. Will definately go back.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
northern Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2004

It was an average place to go, the children loved the swimming area. The sofa mattress was uncomfortable to sleep in, but other than that.. it was a clean room to stay in. The housekeepers were very friendly as well as the office staff.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, il
Reviewed August 17, 2004

Flamingo is a great place. It allowed us to stay in a clean hotel at an affordable price.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Apple Valley, MN
Reviewed August 17, 2004

Do NOT stay here. Disgusting rooms. Terrible service. We left the Dells early - even thought the Flamingo wouldn't actually let us check out! - because it was so bad. Noisy. We felt unsafe - an outside door with only a push button lock on the knob. I could go on and on. Don't ruin your vacation - find somewhere else!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member