“Good Deal”

Ranked #65 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Racine, Wisconsin
“Good Deal”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Flamingo Motel & Suites is very clean and has nice rooms. The fact that you can sit out on the balcony in the at night and relax is a nice feature. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The location is right in the heart of eveything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tim t

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
St Paul, MN
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This motel was really gross! The floors were nasty and dirty, our room smelled old, dirty, musty and rotten. The shower continuously leaked water all night and all day long, there for a huge rust spot was stained in the tub. When we first turned the water on in the shower, it was brown and smelled of rust, once that washed away, we noticed the bottom of the tub quite possibly hadnt been cleaned in over a year. Our towels had stains on them. We immediately took the comforter off the bed and replaced with our own blankets and pillows. The TV was small but it had cable. The walls seem to be made of paper.
The pool/water park at the motel was okay, not too bad for kids. We spent almost all day at Noahs Ark since you get free tickets when staying at the Flamingo. We figure, we are only sleeping at this motel, it was worth the stay for the free tickets since they are about 39$ each!
Checking in to this motel was a disaster, they so were not organized at all.

Room Tip: The "suites" are a lot larger and seemed to be cleaner and are only 14$ more per night. Wo...
2 Thank jazminsmama1605

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ok, first off, we are far from trashy, yet far from uptight twits. You know, pretty much the average family. We got this room for 1 obvious reason. The free Noah's ark tickets. I will agree to some extent with some of it other reviews about the bathroom straight out of the 70's. the ac unit hadn't been cleaned, quite possibly ever. But overall, they did their best at keeping the rooms up to standards. They were by no means nasty. If wasn't a Hilton or Ritz by any means. But it was a relatively clean place to lay your head for the whole 12 hours that you spend in the room, most of which you are sleeping. If you decide to go this route, we got the mini suite which was roomy, and decent. Also, you can call and ask for a newly renovated room if you have less than 6 guests. The staff was friendly, not rude whatsoever, we asked for an extra pillow and got it within 5 minutes. Overall, for the average family that isn't fake and trying to expect a 5 star hotel, this is a great deal for a family trip to Noah's Ark. Sounds to me like some of these people expected way too much. Bottom line, you get what you pay for. Always will.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Slickyrick
West Bend
Reviewed August 18, 2013

You do not want to stay at this place. Overpriced, not clean, broken tv, no sheets for the bed and the RUDEST staff you can imagine. So officious. Hey, you are a night manager in a fleabag motel, what is with the attitude??? Stay anywhere but here.

4 Thank blackalchemy
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I called the May flower to make reservations for a weekend, I was never told that the Flamingo Hotel had brought out this hotel. So when I received my confirmation it said the Flamingo and was unable to cancel with out loosing money. (this is a place I had been to before and didn't care be at ever again). We arrived and registered for our room and could not believe the room that they called a mini suite. Strings of dust coming off the ceiling, carpeting that was so stained that you didn't want to walk with your socks off and a pull out couch that should of been condemned. We then had the pleasure of hearing drunks at 2AM yelling and pounding to get in their room and the person inside was drunk and passed out. Another neighbor had a full blown stereo system was playing it to the point that the walls and floor vibrating. This same neighbor thought it would be cool to have a party at 3am in the morning. When reading over the rule of the Hotel
they close at 10 and you have to call the police to take care of the problem.

Then to top of every thing as I was walking up to my room on Sunday morning I notice a huge rack of towels sitting out side of a garage. I looked in farther and noticed that there were a bunch of washers and dryers and Items stored on selfs in the garage in plastic bag. If you go to this hotel ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! To me the Free Noah's Ark ticket were not a perc in any way.

5 Thank 800bigred1
San antonio
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Omg where do I begin. There was a line at the desk that had no order. Everyone standing where ever to check in. There were only two people the desk. There were people complaining about the cleanliness of their rooms. Others told their room was not available. Housekeepers running late. Not the guests problem, but rooms were not ready. We did not even get out keys until almost 5 at night. The man at the desk was off the charts rude. He never welcomed us, nor did he smile. I tried to joke with him but he just rolled his eyes at me and said "whatever." Whatever!!! Yeah, whatever, that's what he said. I get to the room and it was nasty. The carpet was black from dirt and grime. There was some disgusting red liquid running down the wall. It looked like vomit. I went to the desk to complain. The guy did not look surprised. No apology, in fact he did not believe me. All he did was give me a key to another disgusting room. This time there was mold in the bath, toilet ran and tv had all of 5 channels. I went back to the desk demanding a refund. The guy at the desk was arguing with a customer because the the pools were not open. He was so rude and when the customer he actually said "stupid fat B-word." I went to the desk and asked for a manager, the guy said the manager is out for the day and that he was the supervisor on duty. Really!? This guy can't even tie his own shoes I bet. And he is in charge? When I was telling him about what was wrong with the rooms he interrupted what you want a refund or something I bet. Yeah I do! He actually asked if we used anything in the room and if we did he was going to charge a cleaning fee? For what to add filth because they don't clean the rooms. When he was doing the refund he asked for me to return the tickets that came with the room. But we used them. He actually charged us for the tickets, no apology nothing. I suggested he take some customer service training he told me to mind my own business. I'll just take my business elsewhere

Room Tip: Watch your children shady employees watching kids play in pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Kevin C
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during the cold weekend of 7/27/13 for three nights. First of all I must say I was so appalled at the grumpy, cheapskate, whining customers that would go into the office and whine about this and that every single day!!. I picked this motel due to staying here before and being very happy that you can grill, clean rooms, friendly staff and the free Noahs Ark tickets .Maybe these other whining customers should pay the $300+ a night for a better hotel and not waste the staff and other customers time. I highly recommend this motel and plan on staying here at the end of the month as we still have our Noahs Ark tickets. I was so thankful that my grandchildren did not see the behavior of these unhappy customers who could stand to take a class on Manners. Next time I hear the complaining I think I will give them a little sermon on where they can go and stay. Thank you Flamingo for providing such geat service at a unbeatable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple