We have been booking at the Flamingo for the past four years now (once each summer). Our initial visit was alright but our visits have progressively worsened each year. This hotel is located right next to Noah's Ark, which is a great location to be. Other than the location & free Noah's Ark passes, the staff is rude, the carpets are indeed dirty, & the beds are uncomfortable & sink in the middle. If you're barely going to be in the room & don't care so much about maintenance, I would say this is an OK place to book at. If you are looking for cleanier rooms & quality service, I definitely recommend looking elsewhere.
We noticed that our visits got worse each year, particularly during the last two years. The office staff members are rude & don't seem to care about their customers at all, except for one guy, who was actually nice to us. Whenever we or anyone asked them a question, they huffed & puffed as if we were causing them such a great hassle. They don't keep up with maintenance on their rooms. They really do need to clean the carpets better. Our toilet ran three out of the four times & we found hair in the shower the last two times. (Gross). We kept our flip flops on the entire time because the carpets were dirty. I STRONGLY suggest keeping your shoes/slippers on. Their beds cave in & we always woke up sore with back aches. Their pillows are not comfortable either. Their pools seemed to be clean but their jacuzzi wouldn't fill all the way & was on the dirty side. ALL of their grills are rusted out & falling apart. (Literally). My boyfriend barely touched two of the grills & they were caving in & started falling. They are not usable.
Bottom line, I recommend reading the reviews & just being aware of what you're getting in to. The location is great, the free Noah's Ark tickets are a nice perk, but you will NOT be receiving quality, let alone decent, service here. They also obviously jack up the rooms because of the Noah's Ark tickets. After this last trip, we decided that we will no longer be booking at the Flamingo. We've had enough with their nasty attitudes & cheap rooms. I recommend staying at the Bridgeview Motel. I came across them on this site & read their reviews. Based on those alone, we just booked over Labor Day weekend & absolutely loved it! Although they are farther away from Noah's Ark, we still chose to stay there. They give you free Mount Olympus tickets & the owner is extremely accommodating & kind! They will be receiving our money from now on. Flamingo needs to get it together!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a seasonal property and will reopen May 19, 2016 *Under new management as of late 2015, we have begun the remodeling of rooms that will take us through 2016 and into 2017. When next your travels bring you Wisconsin Dells, we invite you to stay at Flamingo Motel & Suites. With a great location next to Noah's Ark - "America's Largest Waterpark", Del Bar Restaurant, across from House of Embers, just down the street from Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub and minutes from Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf, Timber Falls Adventure Park, Wal-Mart, Kohl's, the Dells Outlet Mall, the lively Downtown District with its shopping, dining & nightlife, and all of the other attractions and dining that Wisconsin Dells is famous for. Our 295 rooms & suites offer something for everyone after a long day of fun. We have rooms that can accommodate from 2 to 18. Guests also receive FREE admission to Noah's Ark for their entire stay! Want to just relax by a pool for a while? Well, we got you covered there too. We have 7 pools, including 3 indoor & 4 outdoor pools and a kiddie play area that includes a large water bucket sure to get the kids soaked and laughing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Flamingo Motel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Flamingo Motel Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Flamingo Hotel