“Very Nice Room with Amenities”

Loyalty Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago
“Very Nice Room with Amenities”
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I read the last review about reconstruction & decided to make a reservation. The reason i booked was because of the FREE Mt olympus deals for all guests, rate for 2 room suite and prime location, right on strip. I stayed in one of their chalet suite. The room had granites on wet bar, brand new beautiful cabinets, new carpet and impeccable heart shape whirlpool. I go to dells twice a year. I am definitely going again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
chicago
Reviewed June 13, 2009

This hotel is definitely going right... My stay was well enjoyable and satisfying. I think they are going thru lots of renovation and remodeling and it seems like it's going to look much better. Anyways, I had fun staying there. Their staff and customer service was just outstanding. I am definitely going to visit this property again especially after their renovation.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Looks like this hotel/motel had read all the reviews and tried to correct them all. I was there in Memorial Day weekend. They were just finishing what looked to be a large construction project. The room I stayed in was BRAND NEW! New carpet, new bedding, new draperies, new tiling, new granite kitchen, new cabinets, new TV….well new everything!
Most importantly they gave us FREE wrist bands for Mount Olympus water park/theme park and Go Karts to everyone in our room for both days we stayed plus the day we checked out – ALL FREE! Considering the price of Suite and savings on park tickets it is a NO BRAINER that I will go only to this place next time.
The staff was courteous, the room was cleaned, the location is perfect – I would whole heartedly recommend this place to anyone (unless your pockets are deep to spend $400-$500/night at huge resort!)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I just returned from a National cheerleading event. I made the mistake of waiting to the last minute to make a reservation at Mt Olympus which was booked due the event being held at the Khalahari. Some of the other parents had chosen this place based on the rates and the free water park passes. So I followed suit, they only had a Standard Room available. I took it. This was such a bad decision. I should have just stayed at The Holiday Inn Express or the Radisson the cost difference really wasn't that significant different. I arrived late in the evening and was very confused because it states its on Wisconsin Dell Pkwy. If you're arriving from 94 it says you’re on Wisconsin Dell Pkwy, However it runs two different directions. Late at night in the rain I could not find my way. I tried calling the "Bates Motels" I get an answering machine. I stopped at a gas station the guy didn't know so he pulls out a list of the lodging it wasn't on the list. He just simply suggested I go right on 23 and look for it. Coming from the direction I was traveling I passed it because half of their lighting on the sign was blown out. After passing all available places, I went back and discovered the signed worked facing the opposite directions. I arrived at the office approximately 10:30pm to discover it was closed. I immediately panicked; I then read on the door that late check-ins can find their key in an unsecured mailbox. That seems so dangerous anyone can come up to this mailbox and just take a key and stay under someone else’s reservation. But then again, who would really want to stay there willingly. I had to force the very warped door open to discover this awfully colored, very strong moldy smelling room. My 13 year old son (who usually not an allergy suffer) immediately goes into this sneezing fit. I was so tired from my drive from Chicago I wanted to lay down but I was literally scared. The smell was very overwhelming. I had the kids get ready for bed and forced myself to lay down. I slept with my sweatshirt over my head to try to disguise the smell and to stop my face from freezing, there was no thermostat to adjust and it was very cold in the room. My daughter and I shared a queen size bed. We both tossed and turned all night because the bed felt like concrete. We both have pillow top mattresses at home. Even my 2 boys complained they were uncomfortable and could not sleep and they often choose to sleep on the floor at home. None the less we all were exhausted from lack of sleep. I was obligated to stay there a second night because the room was non-refundable. I made a trip to Wal-Mart to buy body pillows to sleep on and extra blankets to keep us from freezing. I even had to buy towels because the ones they provided looked permanently dirty. Wait you love this there was an envelope on the nightstand "Gratuity for Housekeeping". That was hilarious. I would not suggest anyone stay here. I would not recommend this place to anyone has any type of standards.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jamilla1212

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Fond du Lac, WI
Reviewed March 16, 2009

After looking at photos of Riviera and claims that it was newly renovated we booked a weekend there, the price was right. For starters our door would not open, the casing around it was broken and had been slammed in it, I literally had to throw my body against the door to open it.
Once inside things were not much better. It seemed freshly painted, but it was a hideous color. The carpet was filthy, as if it hadn't been vacuumed in months. There was no thermostat in the room, the fireplace ran on it's own, our room was either freezing cold or like a sauna. We could also feel the wind blowing into the room around
the door and window. The beds literally sagged almost to the floor the mattresses were so old, every time you turned in bed it felt like you were on a boat in the middle of a storm.
Yes, the price may have been good, but definately not worth the outright dirtiness and being uncomfortable all weekend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed December 2, 2008

This is a motel and a scary one at that. We went on a last minute trip to WI Dells and found this place to be one of the cheapest places ($250 per night). The hotel is dirty and quite honestly a little scary. I would not stay here on my own ever. One nice perk is that you get a value card for the area as well as passes to a couple of area water parks.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank MPLSGold
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Riviera was the place to stay durig my recent Visit. I really enjoyed my stay there . This place seems to be a very homely place with perfect location. We went as a family of 4 and boy... My wife and kids had a complete blast with their FREE Mt. Olympus deal. We enjoyed every bit of it. They offered us a great service and reception during our 3 days stay there. Their suite ( I think it was Chalet) ios what we stayed in and to be honest it wasn't a luxurious top of the line suite but it was very comfy and homely suite. I give this place a thumb up and visit again,

• Liked — Location & Packages
  • Disliked — Nothing in perticular
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)