See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is great for the price! It is a motel---not high scale resort. Of course the room is going to be old and have few issues. With that said, our room was clean, the staff was super friendly, and the kids loved both the outside and inside pool. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kris p
Reviewed August 7, 2013

After seeing mixed reviews we decided to stay here based on the price, the online price was not honored at front desk so I had to pay a little more which was fine with me at first because I figured I was paying for the location and not quality of the motel itself. . The room itself is decent and large enough. We had some issues with the whirlpool, and also complained several times about not having a remote control for the TV. We were told by the front desk that someone " a handy man" would come to our room with a remote control, this never happened ! We never received the remote, probably because the guy at the front desk was too busy talking about his girlfriend who's a housekeeper there, instead of taking care of the customers requests. The least he could have done was put us in a different room that had all the amenities including a remote, which I'm sure was available because the motel seemed almost completely empty, it was a sunday and there were only 3 cars in the whole lot. He was not helpful, and seemed like he did not want to be bothered with us. Also even though we were initially given $99/ night rate and with taxes $109, I signed a receipt for $109. Then when I see the charge on my credit card as $122, I called the office to request an adjustment or some kind of refund, of course they refused and said I was wrong and that the room rate was $109/night and $122 with taxes, when I asked the woman on the phone what is there tax rate by percentage she didn't even know what it was, she had to look it up by doing math with a calculator.

The indoor pool does not look clean.

We did receive wrist bands to use the Chula Vista resort waterpark, but we were not impressed by Chula Vista at all, in fact I would say the experience there was pretty "ghetto".

My partner and I were very pretty disappointed and we do not plan to stay here again and I do not recommend this place at all.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Violet-red
Reviewed July 22, 2013

First time at Wisconsin dells....my room was very nasty. .there was fries underneath the bed...water bottles..the floor was nasty...rocks on the bed...carpet nasty. .would not recommend this place to any one..this experience made me not want to stay at another hotel again...

Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank verlindan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

So my cousin booked 4 rooms for the 4th of July. We went on a family trip and had 15 people going so we needed all the rooms. Check in was a breeze and it was quick and painless. We paid the same rate for all 4 rooms so why was it that the room I stayed in felt like it came straight out of a Supernatural episode. There was only one chandelier light fixture so our room was dark and creepy looking. The whirlpool was directly in front of the beds. And above that whirlpool was a door to the attic. Can you say creepy? The room was ok for the price we paid but when I saw the room my parents stayed in or the room my cousin stayed in, it was a joke. Parents' room was the exact same layout with the beds and whirlpool but they had ceiling lights, no creepy attic door, a bigger air conditioning unit, and a bigger mini fridge. Oh also my cousin's room was phenomenal. New tiles. New bathrooms. Beautiful and modern. What the heck? We paid all the same amount. If you are to stay, request for a room next to the indoor pool. They are a lot nicer.

Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank vctrapham
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I gotta say, I'm not sure why others have posted such bad reviews. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels in my life and I gotta say I was pretty impressed... Currently while writing this post I'm in this hotel !!!! Now don't get me wrong it's by far not perfect but it's also NOT $100+ per night like everything else in the area... If you want perfection than go spend $250 at Chula Vista !!! Since being here the staff has been friendly.. The pool is heated and clean and the whirl pool is very nice as well. I have a microwave and fridge in my room with a simulated fireplace. I would DEFINATELY stay here again. With tax it cost me $76... I have stayed in more expensive places that didn't have HALF of what I got here. I highly recommend this place !!!

Date of stay: March 2013