“Expected better.”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed March 13, 2006

After reading the reviews of this inn, we decided to stay for a few days during our vacation. Was a bit disappointed in the room that had some wall scrapes and bumps and were too white, leaving the room with a feeling lacking warmth. The hallways were extremely hot! There was a foul odor in the lobby area (sort of a sewage smell), although faint--it was definitely unappealing. The breakfast area was too small for an inn of its size and they discontinued breakfast too early for a hotel that was full. There were also not enough breakfast items to go around for the number of people staying there. The Internet was down the whole time we were there (an inconvenience to my husband). On a good note, the hotel personnel were friendly and helpful in giving information about the area.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank Norma W
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells

Reviewed October 9, 2005

My husband and I went to the Wisconsin Dells as a last minute get away this weekend, October 7th-9th. We do not have children so we didn't need a hotel with an indoor water parks, and wouldn't want to pay for that either. We have found in the past that you can't get a room and not have water park access. It is one set price.

We checked out TripAdvisor as well as a few sites specific to the Wisconsin Dells. Other reviews were favorable so we called and made reservations. The woman answering the phone was extremely polite and listed all of the ammenties that the hotel has to offer without me having to ask. I am a Customer Service Manager for a call center so I always pay special attention to how I am treated on the phone. I would have loved to have her on my team!

When we arrived on Friday afternoon, we were greeted by a very friendly girl at the front desk. The hotel is a few years old, and still looks to be in excellent condition. Our room was spotless. The furniture was made from a knotty pine and decorated with a cabin feel. It was nice, but not overdone. Some places I've been to have gone overboard with a room theme making it feel gaudy.

There is an indoor pool that we did not take advantage of. We ran out of time! I took a peek inside and there were a few adults in there, but no children. It was a nice size and did not have a strong chlorine odor as some pools do. The water was clean as were the tiles in the pool area.

Every morning is a free continental breakfast. I did not have eat there, but it looked and smelled very good.

The hotel is very close to downtown and convenient to the attractions in the area. It is across the street from Paul Bunyon - my husbands favorite place for breakfast, so that was a plus for him.

I would recommend staying at the AmericInn and I plan to go there again. If you have children, you might consider staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2005
21  Thank Lizzz
Reviewed September 8, 2005

The big problem with Americinn is they charge your room to your credit card. When I arrived my guest and I paid in cash and were told that the card would be credited. I just received my bill for this room and I found no credit issued. I called and they said it takes 10 days for it to do so and its been 2 weeks since I was there. When we checked in we asked the girl in reception how the nightlife was. She of course was only eighteen and didn't know. The beds were rock hard and our curtain for the balcony was hanging off and so the girl at the front desk came up and used grey tape to hold it in place. It was clean and I liked the rustic atmosphere they had going, but that was about it. I guess this is as good as it gets in the Dells. I say it's worth $65.00 a night max but it's a tourist area so they got you suckered in.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank Daniel L
A TripAdvisor Member
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed July 31, 2005

We were very pleased with our stay and that's saying a lot. I am very particular with the hotels that I stay at. This hotel was clean and was a very good value for the price. We had a balcony overlooking a small creek. My teens were a little dissappointed with the pool. It was geared more towards smaller children. The deepest part was only 3'. They still liked it though. If you like clean sheets every night you may want to go elsewhere, they change the sheets every 3 days to save water.

The bottom line is that if you're looking to spend your vacation dollars on activities and not the hotel, this is the place for you. If you're looking for 4 star accommodations, try somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2005

We just returned from a fun weekend at the Dells, and a good stay at the AmericInn. We didn’t want to stay at one of the big water park resorts, so I picked a hotel at the top of the Trip Advisor list – and we weren’t disappointed. Rate: $150 per night. (We added the balcony and a woodsy view!) Another option – refrigerator for $10 per night. The staff: Always courteous and helpful – whether over the phone or in person. The room: clean and updated; sound proof – we did not hear other guests. One down side - the beds were hard! The pool: small but not too crowded. A good option when you just need to get wet and relax in the whirlpool! Breakfast: Other reviewers were right – nothing special, but good enough to start your day. Other guests: Not too many little kids – a good mix of families and adults. Location: Great! Near the highway, far enough from all the busy-ness, but just a short drive away from events. All in all, a great option for 2 adults and a 13 year old. We would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank JudyAC
Reviewed June 4, 2005

This is an adorable motel: very lodge like and rustic-looking. Definitely basic amenities (limited TV channels, simple bathroom/closet area) but very clean and charming. Pool area looked inviting, but we did not have time to use. Breakfast featured make-your-own waffles and the usual assorted pastries/bagels/etc. Its location slightly removed from the main strip of the Dells is a big plus: it was quiet and calm. Try to get a room facing the wooded field/stream behind the motel. Two possible drawbacks: the beds were VERY firm and the room rate was charged to our credit card the day we booked the room, not the day we checked in.

• Stayed: May 2005
9  Thank LiberryLady
Reviewed June 8, 2004

We stayed at the Ameicinn in the Wisonsin Dells early in November of 2003. It was a beautiful hotel in a tourist town filled with rundown motels. It is absolutely the best in the area. It sits on the edge of a forest area and we could see the stream running from our window. Still it is only minutes from thr area's attractions. Whatever time of year you visit the Dells, stay at the Americinn.

• Stayed: November 2003