“Disappointed”

Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Midwest
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The check in process went smoothly and the employees were nice. It was disappointing to walk into our room and see that is wasn't very clean. The carpet was definitely not vacuumed. There was a smell to the room. The bathtub and sink area had hair visibly in them. The corners of the bathroom were not clean. The walls had coffee or pop drippings down them and smears of various nature throughout the room. The chairs had big stains on them. I went to sit by the pool while kids swam. After about 15 minutes, my eyes burned something terrible. The chlorine was extremely strong. The kids definitely noticed it while swimming and had burning, red eyes after a short time. The halls were noisy throughout the afternoon/early night but by 10:00 everyone seemed to settle down. The Sunday morning breakfast didn't include eggs and sausage but only gravy over biscuits. Overall, it was all a bit disappointing. Price of stay was high for what we got. But the middle sized hotels were pretty much booked so we had to take it as we didn't want to stay at a large resort or waterpark.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MidwestIris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We had another great stay. The rooms are very clean and we even got a free upgraded room. Fireplace and whirlpool/jacuzzi room. The staff is very friendly and ready to help. The pool, sauna and hot tub are excellent and very clean. The best place to stay in the Dells area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank julieboa82
Central Wisconsin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I needed to escape work and winter for a long weekend and since the Dells are close to home we picked that as our destination. We have stayed at the resorts in the Dells on family vacations but wanted something cheaper and quieter for this couples weekend. Loved the 2 room Jacuzzi suite with a fireplace. The room was clean and spacious. Perfect for a time when you just want to relax and do nothing. You walk into the first room with a couch and couple of chairs, a deck and tv. Through French doors in a middle area with bathroom to left and a sink and bar area on the right. The second room has a frig and micro wave, closet and a corner gas fireplace with a large tv above it, a huge king size bed and in the other corner is a large 2 person Jacuzzi. With the sleeping away away from the hall allowed a quiet rest area. We loved this room and enjoyed the nice full breakfast every am. There is also a lounge on the first floor for drinks and they serve sandwiches and pizzas. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try the 2 room Jacuzzi suite with the fireplace. Very romantic
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eve_skye
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly. The ambiance of the fireplace and the welcome area was perfect and the pool area was very fun. I would recommend it to anyone that doesn't want to worry about bugs or that dirty feeling. Very satisfied.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank julieboa82
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Check in was seamless from two wonderful, helpful, and friendly staff. Just so happened to be Happy Hour when I checked in, so after bringing my bags to my room, I went back and had a couple of Heinekens. The bed was comfortable and pillows super plump and comfortable. The walls and doors must be extra insulated because, of the three nights I spent here, I never once heard a thing. I am a very light sleeper and don't usually do well at hotels. This Trip I had 3 full nights of sleep.

Then, the breakfast all three mornings were the best I have experienced. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cottage cheese, yogurt...the list goes on and on.

Finally, check out was at 11:00 and I had nowhere to go until 1:30, so I asked if I could hang out for a couple of hours. The lovely lady at the front desk didn't hesitate and said with a smile "Absolutely" and invited me to sit and relax on the couch, watch tv, and use the internet. As far as Customer Service, this place gets an A+!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Mike G
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This would be the second time that I have checked in to the hotel in the last 3 months. The first time was mediocre but this time just ridiculous. I checked in late and it is 6 degrees outside and not heat on in the room. They had only 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels in the room. No wash cloths at all. They knew we were checking in with 2 adults and 2 children. The next morning we had to wait for towels to take a shower in the morning. The housekeeping staff came at about 1030am. We told the that we are leaving out at 1130 and our room was never touched. The TV kept changing channels on it's own. Finally, at 10 pm I called down to ask the front desk if they knew of any pizza place open that delivers at this time, and the agent told me "no, you call call around a see for yourself" ok. I work in the hotel industry and that is a simple task that you should know working in a tourist area. Ugh!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shawnquita C
New Glarus, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This AmericInn is not only clean but the staff are very friendly. The rooms prices are excellent and you’ll get a clean room with extra outlets for electronics up on the desk. The lobby is very inviting with 2 couches placed in a “V” in front of the 2 story high stone fireplace. Several restaurants close by as well as easy access to most of the major attractions in the Dells if you are here in warm weather.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple