“Stay here if you want to stay up all night!”
Review of Twi-Lite Motel

Twi-Lite Motel
Ranked #55 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 3, 2011

The motel is old and pretty run down. It is in major need of updating and the rooms have a funny smell. The price is pretty cheap and discounted attraction tickets are available which is the only good thing about the motel. My family and I stayed 2 nights and both nights we were kept awake until all hours of the morning with loud banging, running, and pounding above our room. The first night we mentioned the noise problem to the owner and she said she would take care of the problem. The second night was worse. I guess what we paid to stay for 2 nights was not important enough to recify the problem with the people above us since they were paying to live there!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My friends and I just recently stayed at Twi-Lite Motel and we loved it. Yeah it's not as fancy as the other hotels around the Dells, but Twi-Lite is super cheap and you get great discounts on water park tickets. We got discounted tickets for at Noah's Ark and she also has discounted tickets for Mt. Olympus too. And for us going to a water park all day, it didn't really matter if the room was fancy or not. We are definitely coming back here next year for our next Noah's Ark trip!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank alaska828
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Hello, I have stayed here at this motel for 2 -3 days. Once in 2007 and now in 2009. I always enjoyed the stay here. It is really inexpensive and near the most attractions. They also gave 2 free Mt olympus passes for 2 days which we enjoyed as well. The lady manager was very friendly and very attentive. People who come to stay here are peaceful. It is also near highway so not much driving to do.

The rooms were clean and room service was provided each day. This year the rates of the rooms were way higher at this place like $60/day while we had stayed here at $40 /day in may 2007. Anyways wwe got free passes this year.

Parking is right infront of your room so no issues. some black leaves from trees tend to fall on your car bumper every night which is strange.. :( you will need to clean it ;)

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank upengan
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Wow, the reviews here are nothing what we experienced. We LOVE old motels across the country, but this place is nasty. Upon check-in, we had a reservation, we were given a key to an upstairs room verlooking the parking lot - OK no problem... except after we had to park in the rear of the motel and walk around then past some scary looking men and women (residents of some of the rooms) hanging out BBQing outside their doors - you could tell they were "living" there and they just stared at us as we went up the stairs... not to mention the loud music playing from a boombox on the patio, we got to the room... went in and walked out - filthy, disgusting and just plain not taken care of. We went immediatley back to the office, expressed our concerns of all of the above and the owner refused to give us our 130.00 some dollars back and said that it was reservation cancellation policy to cancel three days before... EVEN though we were completely unsatisfied and never touched the room. She was VERY rude and the owner! We left unhappy, out the money, but felt that we were safer and healthier away from this place. and We have stayed and hundreds of motels across the country (mom and pops) and this is one of the worst! NEVER AGAIN - there are literally tons of beautiful mom-and-pop motels in the Dells - try somewhere else!!! BEWARE!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We stayed four week nights during the peak season and it only cost $193. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean. The building decor is out of date, but if your someone looking for a cheap, safe place to stay while enjoying all the dells has to offer this is it. I don't know why people waste money on an expensive room when so little time will be spent in it. This place is was just fine as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cherneyben
Reviewed July 22, 2006

My partner and I planned a three-night stay in the Dells (which we had been to many times before) and wanted a cheaper hotel as we had a limited budget for this trip up. Of several motels that my partner looked at as really cheap, she decided on the Twi-Lite as our destination of choice. All in all, for the amount we paid per night, I can't complain too much. I didn't expect a lot and my expectations were (for the most part) met.

The room was clean throughout our stay and, although we thought it might be too small upon first glance, the room size didn't bother us much since we only spent time in the room to sleep anyway. There was a functional fridge and microwave and a TV with a rather robust channel lineup. Lighting in the room was good and the only real complaint I had with the room was the bathroom. There was very little shelf space to put toiletries in the bathroom and the sink was all-or-nothing on the strength of the water flow. Additionally, and this was one thing that really hurt my opinion of the Twi-Lite, was that part-way through our stay, we ran out of toilet paper and there were no spares in the motel room at all! I had to go to the office in the early morning and get a fresh roll. I think that if the staff could replace the bedsheets and towels in the bathroom, they could have checked if we had enough toilet paper as well. Additionally, and this is a more minor point, there was no shampoo supplied by the motel either, but they did put out two little soaps for our use.

The location is rather nice, right on Parkway across from the Moosejaw Pizza and Brewing Co. It is the Dells, and it is right on Parkway, so if you want a quiet, out-of-the-way stay, this may not be right for you. However, my partner and I love the sounds of traffic going by and had no problem sleeping at all.

Additionally, when we stayed we received a free Wisconsin Dells Fun Card (worth $10!) that we got a lot of use out of and saved a fair bit of money with the buy-one-get-one-free offers on it. There were many brochures and coupons inside the office for attractions and restaurants as well.

It wouldn't be my first choice for a place to stay in the Dells, but if I were on a tight budget I wouldn't be uncomfortable choosing or recommending the Twi-Lite in the future.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Cynical_Wind
Reviewed May 1, 2006

Helen is a very nice Russian single mother whom i have been doing business with since 2000. She is very pruod of her motel and does keep it in decent shape given it's age. I have stayed there several times in those years and every time, Helen is SOO nice, she always gives me the off season rate, even when I go in season and she has always welcomed me there. When i got married in 2005, i took my husband there and even HE liked it!
I recommend this motel to anyone who is trying to experience the dells WITHOUT the high price tag and WITH all the service that most 5 star hotels don't give you!

• Stayed: May 2005