“Castle of Terror....the WORST haunted house in the Dells”
Review of Extreme World

Extreme World
More attraction details
Owner description: Heart-thumping thrill rides galore including the Bungee Jump, Skycoaster, Ejection Seat and Terminal Velocity.
Chicago
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Castle of Terror....the WORST haunted house in the Dells”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Being the typical tourist that likes to do everything, I am a sucker for all those fun little places such as the Ripley's Museum and all those little haunted houses here in the Dells.

Today, we decided to check out the Castle of Terror because it looks so good from the outside. What we found, however, was nothing but a black maze with small little scene rooms with puppets that don't even move. The scary part of this awfull haunted house is your guide running ahead of you and screaming at you as you turn the corner.

All you can think about is "why the heck did I pay $6.95 for this mess?".

Take my advice...stay away from this place. There is nothing scary about this place whatsoever. Horrible, horrible experience.

Visited May 2011
11 Thank pickleman773

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My family and I tried the bungee jumping...”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

My family and I tried the bungee jumping and the staff was nice...we had a great time but when it we got on the bumper cars we got into a little accident and one of the employees started yelling at us because he says it was on purpose and told us to leave he wouldn't let us explain the situation so we waited until the manager came out and talk to us. I don't recommend the the go karts in this place.

2 Thank scuff456
Wausau, WI
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The Rest of the Story!”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

People might be having fun here but it should be noted that a 12 yr. old girl is in serious condition in the hospital after an employee failed to make a ride safe and she plunged to her injuries. That and the fact that the park is delinquent and in foreclosure should alert everyone at least a little? And check out the website!

19 Thank Bsctl
Madison
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Thrills”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

A lot of fun thrills that you won't get anywhere else. I've done the bungee jumping, the ejection seat, and terminal velocity. Terminal velocity is only two seconds down but it feels like so much more. It is a huge thrill. A must for thrill junkies!

6 Thank steno_starlet
Rice Lake
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My husband wanted to go bungee jumping and this place had it. It was fun, they also have other things too, like the ejection seat and go carts. The staff was great and put me at ease, (i was nervous) The value was pretty good.

4 Thank mzakrzewski