“Springbreak getaway”

Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here almost 2 yrs. Ago and Came back this Springbreak and was pleased with the new upgrades , The rooms looked better, I mean it's not luxury hotel, but more like relax, Family oriented and the price is still reasonable and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. THE Pool is the main reason we decided to try this resort again. The saline pool was awesome! My 6 yr old boy loves to swim but can't stay too long due to eczema, but the saline pool was better and more gentler to His skin, he never itch not even once after swimming. Our stay is pretty relaxing and quiet, which how we liked it, we don't want to be in an overcrowded and loud resort, This place is just exactly what we wanted, warm, welcoming, serene environment. This place has a good combination of everything. We also enjoyed our Kalahari Theme Park visit, We thought we probably stop by an hour or 2 hrs max, but we hangout for more than 5 hours just by trying everything over and over. We had so much fun! For the Price, quality, location/view, and stuff to do...we are defenitely looking forward to return.

Also Jordan and Jeremy did an awesome job getting our room back in shape, my son quite made a mess from getting sick and threw up twice, we got bed sheets replaced, new towels and even gave up extra rags and cleaning stuff just incase....:)

Room Tip: If you want to save some money from eating out, get a room with a kitchennete that's facing the...

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Picked this resort because it was one of the few that allowed a dog.

As mentioned it's no Westin (ironically across the street) but the place was decent.

The room had some issues but I didn't complain although I could have. We were on the 3rd floor in an end unit and my son and his friend slept in the 2 queen extra bedroom and there was loud god awful humming coming up through the floor (constant). I'm guessing that the pool pump was underneath that room or adjacent to it. Our bathroom vent did not work and the showerhead leaked profusely. The beds I believe were very old and needed replacing. Very restless night sleep wise between the bed and the humming noise. That said I just put up with these issues but my main complaint is customer service.

We arrived early around 12pm and was told room is not ready. They did mention that I could get the Kalahari waterpark tickets early so I could take my son and his friend there meanwhile they could get room ready. So that's what we did. On the way back from Kalahari we stopped at the outlet mall and came across a $20 discount off you first night's stay at the Resort. When I arrived later that afternoon to check-in I tried using the coupon and was told "sorry you would have had to give us that coupon upon check-in. I didn't understand the issue especially since I was really checking in and providing coupon at that time since our room wasn't ready earlier in the day. I asked several times to allow the coupon and was repeatedly told the same thing. Coupon is valid for my stay but would have had to have been given to the them at the time of check-in. Regardless, that is terrible customer service in my opinion and I see NO reason why they couldn't apply the coupon.

For this reason I only give them only 3 stars overall. $20 cost them a happy potentially returning customer. So they save $20 and lost all my future business. Costly lesson in customer service

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Beautiful inside and out, friendly, helpful people, we enjoyed everything about our stay! Rooms were very clean and nicely decorated, The location on the lake is very peaceful and relaxing. Very nice to have microwave and mini fridge in the room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the Kalahari passes that came with our package. Hotel is a little outdated but clean. We basically just needed somewhere to sleep without having to pay Kalahari rates. Pool kept the kids entertained. I bet it is beautiful in the summer months. Considering coming back when it's warmer. Was greeted to a bottle of soda and pack of popcorn on check in. I would rather give my money to small businesses like these rather than huge chains. Had a great mini vacation over spring break with the family!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ddwz2003
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here about a week ago, just wanted alittle relaxing getaway without the kids and to check out some new places to bring the family in the summer other than our usuall waterpark resorts. The website said that Kalahari thempark tickets were included with our stay but they were never offered to us. When we walked into our room, it was extremely warm, too warm, very uncomfortable. We checked to see what the heat was set at and it was set at 78 degrees. It took forever for us to get the room to cool down so we didn't end up being comfortable enough to sleep until nearly 11pm. At one point we had to open the patio door for a little bit and noticed that it was not locked at all, we were on the ground floor, this means had we not opened the door it would have been unlocked all night! Also, my biggest compaint, was twice during the middle of the night we were woken to the sound of our neighbors headboard banging against the wall and then again at 7am and at this point I could even hear her moaning through the walls. It kind of gives you a sick feeling. I called to voice my concerns and was given to Dawn, the general manager, and she laughed when I told her about my stay. We didn't think it was very funny considering we had paid a couple hundred dollars for this room and the stay was awful. She said she did not know how to respond and would have to get back to me- This was Tuesday, she has had almost five days already and still no response. She didn't even apologize or offer a refund or anything, just laughed, now, no phone call as well.

2  Thank almadmav
DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I’ve been out of the office with a terrible cold and flu. I got a little far behind.
I am very sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay at Sunset Bay. It’s too bad that your neighbors didn’t consider there were other people next door. That is not good behavior and I understand how that would make someone uncomfortable.
As far as your room being so hot. It was very cold out that day and I’m sure the housekeepers just wanted the room to be warm for you when you checked in. I’m sorry they turned it up too high and you were so warm.
When you made the reservation, you mentioned several times that you didn’t want an older looking room. When I talked to you, you mentioned that you didn’t like the room and that it was old looking. We are an older property and never try to mislead our customers. We are constantly upgrading and renovating our rooms and facilities. Since you were so concerned about the looks of the room, we directed you to our website and asked you to look at the room. The picture of your room is on there and was taken only 6 months ago.
I am adjusting your room rate and will issue you a credit. We do not want our guests unhappy and strive to make our customers experience memorable. And while your stay was certainly memorable, that is not the experience we hope our guests receive.
We are rated #8 out of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells. We really do try to make our guests feel at home when they stay with us. We take great pride in our customer service and friendly staff. Again, I am very sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner.
Dawn Baker
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We liked this place a lot. It's pet friendly so we got to bring our pup. Because it's pet friendly, it's no Westin - you do get what you pay for, after all. The saltwater pool is nice (we went in winter) and the free tickets to Kalahari's theme park were awesome. Great value and good location.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Holly J
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice staff, off the beaten path a bit, not over crowded, great views of the lake! The hot tub was a little dirty and the rooms were outdated but nice to have a full working kitchenette! Would be a great place to stay in the summer months

• Stayed: March 2014