“Autumn Festival 2013”

Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Barrington, Illinois
“Autumn Festival 2013”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We've stayed at Baker's for several years for long weekends as well as one week vacations. We've stayed in the lodge overlooking the lake, in the unit by the children's pool and also in the two bedroom duplex and have enjoyed it every time. This year we booked a 3 night stay for Autumn Festival. Upon arrival found out, that Dawn had booked us into our favorite room even though the building was supposed to be closed up the previous week. What a great surprise! Even though the resort has enlarged, they try to accommodate return guests. Love the spotless, safe atmosphere where its hard to believe you're actually in the Dells. Can't praise the staff enough!

Room Tip: I cant give any tips because I don't want travelers to get the rooms that I like!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
HI Pat, Thank you for such a nice review. We are so glad it worked out that the building you really wanted was open for that weekend. I know you are always disappointed when we close it earlier than usual. We'll keep it a secret which room it is! : )
Thanks again and see you soon!
Dawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Kingston Mines, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My sister and I have met at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort for the past several years. While the Resort is close to everything it is still quiet and has that off the beaten path feel. We love the fact that we can get a room overlooking the lake. It is always amazing that it is only a few blocks and you are right in the middle of all the restaurants and other things to do. It has a nice pool area if you aren't in the mood for a big waterpark along with free lake activities. We will definitely be returning again in 2014 for our annual get together.

Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

First, I'd like to thank Dawn for 1. accommodating us on ridiculously short notice, and 2. for sending my mirror to me when I realized I left it in the room. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

We thoroughly enjoyed our short weekend there (wished it could have been longer) and will definitely be returning in the future. Very clean and very friendly staff make this a winner. Oh yeah, and the lake is a bonus !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

West Allis, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you want a very nice clean room, and one that has a relaxing view, with your own balcony... and an exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, at the front desk, in housekeeping, and in maintenance. Add to that although it is "out of the way," it is a quick drive to many of your Wisconsin Dells area attractions and activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a View of Lake Delton... it's great to view first thing in the morning... or...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Reedsburg,
Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was our 2-year anniversary and my boyfriend weren't able to be together. I wanted to stay somewhere that I would feel like I was still celebrating our lives together so I looked for places to stay in the Wisconsin Dells area which is only around 12 miles from where I live. I found the Baker's Sunset Bay Resort and it looked like a wonderful place and there was a very reasonable price for that day. They gave me a room for that price even though I believe they were already full for that rate. I was very pleased with the room when I entered it and I enjoyed my one night stay and I'm hoping that next year on our 3-year anniversary we both will be going there to celebrate it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Fertile, IA
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a great time. We rented A1, kitchenette, 2 bedroom, and living room, and the only problem was not enough plates, glasses, and eating utensils; kitchenette was well stocked with bowls and cooking utensils. The room listed as sleeping 8 but had plates and glasses for 6 and only 3 teaspoons, but I am sure we could have asked for more because when we asked for more blankets and towels, the staff were extremely helpful. Our grandchildren loved swimming and even though it was cold and they had to use the indoor pool, they were content to go every evening We felt safe letting the children go to the arcade without an adult and will definitely go back for our 4th stay. I think the best spot to stay with or without the entire family.

Dubuque, Iowa, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We booked at the last minute right in peak leaf changing season so we weren't expecting a great place. Wow, were we surprised! The rooms were very nice, the view was beautiful and it was a great location. We will be staying again! Thank you!!