“Kids Loved It”

Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family spent a weekend at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort and we had a great time. My kids loved all the outdoor activities. The suite we stayed in was basic, but clean and functional. There was plenty of room for my family to spread out. I really enjoyed the location. Close to everything, but still quiet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were originally supposed to stay at Mt Olympus. (Wilderness is where we normally stay, but it was booked up) When we got to the popular hotel,we disliked everything about it. I ended up losing my deposit on the room but we booked with Sunset Bay instead. Well worth it! It was WONDERFUL!!! Our room was beautiful and clean and close to everything. The balcony was lovely and the view, AMAZING!
The kids loved the pool, and it was nice and warm. We didn't even mind that the outdoor pool was closed. (Season was over) Just a bonus next time we come in the earlier months. We loved that they offered the nightly bonfire,family games, and grills. And when I booked I didn't realize you got use of the rowboat and kayaks free. It was our first time on Kayaks and even first time on a boat for my young boys. Made for great memories and we discovered a new interest. They even have a super great bargain if you want to go Kalahari and play at a bigger park. And they gave us discount cards which helped us save money on dinner, breakfast, and when we went to Wizards Quest.
This place is truly what a vacation is meant to be. Plenty to do but where you can actually relax as well and not feel like you need another vacation when you get back lol My kids said they wanted to live there ha
We are already planning our trip back and considering spending one of the holidays with family there as well. I still very much love Glacier Canyon (Wilderness) but I think just every once in a while. Sunset Bay will be our new Go TO resort. Thank you for helping us create family memories :)

Room Tip: Lakeside view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My family of 15 individuals, ranging in age from 9-84, just spent 3 days at Baker's Sunset Bay resort and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is wonderful, only minutes to restaurants and tourist destinations in the Dells. We rented 3 condo units (two of which were connected), which provided perfect sleeping arrangements for everyone and plenty of space to prepare and eat meals, and to gather as a group to watch TV and play games. The kitchens were well equipped and clean, the furniture comfortable and in excellent condition. We were pleasantly surprised to learn that the daily rates included daily housekeeping service, something we weren't expecting with a condo rental. Since it was after Labor Day, we didn't get to use the outdoor pool, but the younger family members enjoyed the small indoor pool with slides. We enjoyed the outdoor activities, including the kayaks and rowboats, horseshoes and volleyball/badminton net. Everyone agreed that this was a great resort in a great location, and we plan to return again next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just spent three days at Baker's Sunset Bay for my husband's family reunion and had a great time. The rooms are spacious, with lots of amenities at a great price. We rented their "meeting room" which comfortably accommodated about 50 of us for food, fun and games. Would highly recommend this for a larger family get together.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2013

For the past 7 years my husband and I along with 2 other couples have been staying at the Baker's Sunset Bay Resort we always get the 3 room on the beach with the patio. I'm not going to say what week-end since this week-end is always available for us. All I have to say is its fantastic we enjoy the pool, fire pit and being so close to the water. The rooms are always clean and the help is soooooooooooo friendly. Absolutely no complaints from any of us. We'll keep going the same week-end and staying at the same resort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Husband and I and 2 dogs found a lakeside retreat in Baker's Sunset Bay Resort. Although it did not offer a breakfast, the Dells is packed with places to eat. Off-season was the perfect time to visit on our way up North. We had a room facing the lake, which allowed dogs. We went kayaking for free, and hung out downtown on the Riverwalk for a day. I saw that they offered Kalahari passes, but never received them on check-in. However, we were too busy outside in the beautiful weather to think about swimming inside anyways. Their pool and hot tub did the trick. We will return again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My family stayed here for a week and really enjoyed ourselves. It was wonderful to be able to bring our family dog with us. The room was clean and comfortable and we really appreciated having the kitchen and the two room suite. There was an excellent selection of cooking utensils and great cabinet space.

We used the kayaks several times. The beach and the lake were wonderful. The design of the resort was very nice with all the outdoor picnic and gathering areas.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family