“Great place to Relax with Family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baker's Sunset Bay Resort

Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Ranked #10 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“Great place to Relax with Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The property has a relaxing environment. The staff was very courteous. The grounds are clean and well maintained. We loved the fact we could bring our dog. Unit G or 510 is a great unit to rent since it has a full kitchen and two separate bathrooms and bedrooms. We are definitely planning on returning.

I'm not sure why other reviews are negative. Obviously this is not a brand new resort, but it is well maintained and we had a wonderful stay. I will suggest it to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Disappointed. I was not expecting a luxory resort, but i did expect the minimum of amenties. The towels are very small and most of them you can see through. If you could not see through them, then they had previous customer's hair on them. Pulled back the sheets on both of my beds, that were in the room and both beds had someone elses hair in them. Many stains on the floor that I can only asume were made from pet that stayed in the room. The room smelled of old wet dog. I went to the store to buy an air freshener and it barely took care of the smell.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I'm sorry your stay was not satisfactory and I apologise. If only you had made us aware of the problems you had, we would have done everything in our power to make you more comfortable. We would have gladly moved you to a different room, upgraded you, changed your sheets, etc. As far as the towels go, we do use a very nice quality towel and I've not had complaints about the size of our towels.
Again, I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectations.
Dawn Baker
Owner / General Manager
Pittsboro, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

My mom and I, along with two cousins, stayed for three nights at the resort. We had standard double queen rooms with a private patio. The rooms were nice, beds were very comfortable and clean. The resort itself is a great place for those who want to get away from the traffic of the Dells. It has a private beach, with volleyball, kids play area, picnic tables and grills. There are boats and kayaks for the guests use, and a place to have a fire in the evenings. There are indoor and outdoor pools, and a spa and hot tub indoors. Property is well maintained and clean, very close to all major attractions, but you would never know given how quiet it was. We went the weekend after Labor Day, and it was wonderful. The deck is a great place to have coffee in the morning. Our only issue was that housekeeping didn't replenish our coffee/sugar on the second day, and seemed a little lax with their cleaning. A short trip to the office solved the coffee problem. I will definitely return. It is great if you like a little nature and quiet when you vacation!

Room Tip: We will definitely choose a lake view room next time, well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita S
kaukauna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our fourth stay at Sunset Bay and once again, it was great. We stayed in the two bedroom/one bath duplex unit and while it was not lakeside, the extra space was appreciated. We were able to park our truck and boat trailer close to our unit which made unloading and loading super easy. The unit itself was nicely decorated and included a full kitchen and a private deck. The grounds are well maintained and the boat dock allowed us to keep our boat in the water during our stay. I booked my reservation online but at check-in, staff was very professional and offered coupons for local attractions. I'm already checking my calendar for next years stay!

Room Tip: Check out the website for really detailed information on the different room types.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed the resort. There was so much to do at the resort. Even after going to explore the Dells the kids still had things to get into back at the resort. The private beach with canoeing, volley ball, the pool and splash pad, the grills. I mean it had the works. The room was clean and we did not end up cooking but there was a small kitchen space. The people were really nice and it was very family friendly. The only thing that I did not like was the pull out couch. That thing was so uncomfortable it took about a week to get my back in order. But the actual beds were comfortable. Our 1 BR slept 5 of us (but because I was left on the sofabed in the living room I cannot say comfortably). But everyone else reported they had a great night.
They also had a snack bar. The resort was off to the side but still close enough to everything (a few minutes away)

Milwaukee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the second time my husband, son and I stayed at Sunset Bay. It is the perfect little spot for us. The pools are great and the beach is fun. I love that we can bring our own food. It was so relaxing to grill out every evening. The other guests were pleasant and everyone was very courteous. Our room was clean and quiet. The only problem is that our visit was too short!

It would be nice if the check-in time was a little earlier. With a 3 p.m. check-in, and 10 a.m. checkout, you really only get one full day there if you are staying two nights.

Regardless, we will be back next year!

Room Tip: We love the beachfront rooms. Definitely worth the few extra bucks.
Verona, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked this hotel for a wedding. Had a 50 room block for Sunday and an additional group of rooms for the wedding party that were arriving on Saturday. When we arrived they did not have our reservation for any of the wedding party or for my parents who made their reservation seperately. Not once did they apologize for this. After 45 minutes of working to at least get a room that would allow people to have a roof over their head we were able to check in and look at having to move the following day to the rooms we had originally booked. One saving grace is that the conference room we had was at least reserved for us on Saturday giving us a place to be while the issues were worked out. Not once during the weekend did they stop and ask how we were doing and if everyting was fine. It was more of a hassle to have them lock the conference room while we were gone. The resort overall is in a great location and the rooms are average. Now today I checked my credit card and have noticed that I was overcharged compared to the receipt I had been given upon check in. Waiting to hear my resolution on that as well.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andrew P
DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We feel absolutely terrible about what happened on Saturday but thought we had made you all happy. We were able to get you all in rooms and even gave you an option of a different resort for Saturday evening.
Jessica, (the bride) and I, and Sue had talked dozens of times regarding the rooms she reserved for everybody and we had sent her confirmations of the reservations numerous times. I don't know how she or I could have not noticed that we only had the rooms reserved on Sunday and none for Saturday.
I am so sorry for everything but really thought everyone was happy with the way it all worked out.
Dawn Baker