“We had a great time”

Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed the resort. There was so much to do at the resort. Even after going to explore the Dells the kids still had things to get into back at the resort. The private beach with canoeing, volley ball, the pool and splash pad, the grills. I mean it had the works. The room was clean and we did not end up cooking but there was a small kitchen space. The people were really nice and it was very family friendly. The only thing that I did not like was the pull out couch. That thing was so uncomfortable it took about a week to get my back in order. But the actual beds were comfortable. Our 1 BR slept 5 of us (but because I was left on the sofabed in the living room I cannot say comfortably). But everyone else reported they had a great night.
They also had a snack bar. The resort was off to the side but still close enough to everything (a few minutes away)

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was the second time my husband, son and I stayed at Sunset Bay. It is the perfect little spot for us. The pools are great and the beach is fun. I love that we can bring our own food. It was so relaxing to grill out every evening. The other guests were pleasant and everyone was very courteous. Our room was clean and quiet. The only problem is that our visit was too short!

It would be nice if the check-in time was a little earlier. With a 3 p.m. check-in, and 10 a.m. checkout, you really only get one full day there if you are staying two nights.

Regardless, we will be back next year!

Room Tip: We love the beachfront rooms. Definitely worth the few extra bucks.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Booked this hotel for a wedding. Had a 50 room block for Sunday and an additional group of rooms for the wedding party that were arriving on Saturday. When we arrived they did not have our reservation for any of the wedding party or for my parents who made their reservation seperately. Not once did they apologize for this. After 45 minutes of working to at least get a room that would allow people to have a roof over their head we were able to check in and look at having to move the following day to the rooms we had originally booked. One saving grace is that the conference room we had was at least reserved for us on Saturday giving us a place to be while the issues were worked out. Not once during the weekend did they stop and ask how we were doing and if everyting was fine. It was more of a hassle to have them lock the conference room while we were gone. The resort overall is in a great location and the rooms are average. Now today I checked my credit card and have noticed that I was overcharged compared to the receipt I had been given upon check in. Waiting to hear my resolution on that as well.

4  Thank Andrew P
DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We feel absolutely terrible about what happened on Saturday but thought we had made you all happy. We were able to get you all in rooms and even gave you an option of a different resort for Saturday evening.
Jessica, (the bride) and I, and Sue had talked dozens of times regarding the rooms she reserved for everybody and we had sent her confirmations of the reservations numerous times. I don't know how she or I could have not noticed that we only had the rooms reserved on Sunday and none for Saturday.
I am so sorry for everything but really thought everyone was happy with the way it all worked out.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was looking at the last minute for a quite place to take my family (2 adults, 3 kids (10, 5, 4) before school started. I was initially looking for a cabin but found most places did not give enough information online to search without calling...and I did not have time to call. After some plans changed I settled on Sunset Bay.

The beach was my personal favorite. My girls played for hours in the sand and lake. Their favorite was the indoor pool and slide. We were there for 4 days and was able to take advantage of all their amenities at no extra cost (like kayaks, grills, picnic tables).

It was so relaxing but if you want or need to be near the Dells main area it is nearby.

I'd love to come back with more family and show them what a wonderful place and time we had.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for such a nice review. We really appreciate it your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed 8/20 - 8/23 with my retired parents & my brother. So for 4 adults, I was really looking for a 2 bedroom suite type room, and when looking at room layout & reviews on Trip Advisor, Bakers Sunset Bay really stood out. We were looked at the 'L' room layout, but wasn't available, so we chose the very similar 'C' room. Very glad we stayed here, the room layout was great for us and we really enjoyed our stay. We were in Room 304, which looks out over the lake & had a great view, with 4 picnic tables & grills right outside our door. That made for one of the many pluses I give to Bakers, as well as the one slight drawback for staying in the 'C' rooms - you *will* have other people right outside your room, and while no one was ever overly loud, I did hear people at the picnic tables talking until *well* after midnight one night. If you prefer more peace & privacy, you would be better off to select a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor if wanting lakeside view. Don't know if we'll ever get back to the Dells, but if we do, we'll be coming back to stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to use the resort property map to help identify room location. Rooms on the 1st floor lake s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review. I'm sure potential guests will appreciate your comments and suggestions. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had a lakeside room with a beautiful view from our balcony . The room was very clean and spacious. Baker's offers a nice variety of outside entertainment for their guest of all ages. You can tell that they take great pride with this resort. We look forward to being returning guests in the future. Thank you Baker's!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 432 with a nice view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DawnBaker, Manager at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you very much for the nice review. Our maintenance staff is awesome and they take such pride in the resort. We couldn't do it without their dedication to detail!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was pretty happy with Bakers Sunset Bay. When we first arrived to the room, there was food in the sink which threw me off, but overall the stay was good. We had a room which was lakeside with a balcony and the view was great. Bakers provides their guests with a variety of activities; volleyball, ping pong, swimming of course and an arcade. I was ecstatic that we got to use the kayaks and boats at no additional cost. The staff was friendly and the stay was great. The hotel is great for families and couples. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The hotel has a lot of activity on the beach and lake side late into the night, so if you like a lit...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple