Baker's Sunset Bay Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$85
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$95
$86
BestWestern.com
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$84
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$93
$88
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$170
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$69
$62
$229
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake deltoncampfire kevinping pongindoor poolfree kayaksrow boatfire pitkalahari theme parkbeach volleyballnice view of the lakeoff the beaten pathjacuzzi suitefamily reunionhot tuboff seasonfull kitchenall ages
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I can't find the words to describe how much we enjoyed this place. The staff was amazing, the rooms were nice, and also priced well! For a family on a budget, this place is it! They did have construction going on, which was a little distracting, but I can't wait to come back and see the finished product!
After reading some of these bad reviews, I must say these people were not staying at the same hotel. They must be confused. I couldn't find one thing bad to say about this place. Take my word for it, it is a lovely family owned place and I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else! Well, done, Bakers Sunset Bay!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
DawnBaker, General Manager at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Thank you so much for your great review! Families, that is what we are all about. I am so glad you had a great time.
As for the construction, it will be done before Memorial Day and we can't wait! It's been a long winter and being able to offer our guests all these new amentities will make it all worth it.
We are glad you took our recommendation on the Brat House. It is one of our favorite places. It's so unique.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again!
Dawn Baker

Reviewed March 14, 2011

Just aweful..really..and no maids..smelly like old urine..should have known when we checked in they said..we had tp put new room freshner in since the room smelled! ok and not only this..they said "NO maid service.." when there are only three people staying here it is not worth our money"..we still had to pay the full price tho..staff was just plain rude..and also smelled..it was very very strange..do not..I repeat..do not stay here..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank lonalona1010

I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with our hotel.
I did hear about the conversation you had with our front desk and I would like to explain or clarify a few details. It is true that we did not have a housekeeper that day. We explained to you that we (the front desk) would make up your room and or get you anything you needed. She also explained (or tried to explain) that it is our policy that we don't go into a room when there is a pet in the room. The pup could get out; the pup could bite, etc. You signed our pet policy agreement and it clearly states that in the agreement. She tried to explain to you that if you took your pet out of the room, she would go and make it up for you. There was clearly a lack of communication and again, I apologize.
We are not a large mega hotel. We all pitch in and if there are just a few rooms, the front desk does the housekeeping on the few rooms we have. This has never been a problem and I don't understand why it was a problem for you.
According to our shift report notes, you had checked into a room the night before and complained that it had a strong perfume/cleaner smell. You told the front desk that you had left the patio door open but it didn't do any good. We moved you to a different room, (right next door) and you told the front desk that it was much better. You did not tell us it smelled like urine, you specifically said it smelled like strong perfume or strong cleaner.
I'm sorry you did not have a good experience at Sunset Bay. We do take sincere pride in our rooms and especially the cleanliness of them.
Dawn Baker

Reviewed February 18, 2011

I booked our room online for Supberbowl Sunday. My husband and two friends of ours were driving back from Minnesota and wanted to stop in the Dells to stay overnight and watch the game. When we pulled into the "resort" it seemed to be under construction. As we got closer to the office we saw an envelope with our name on it taped to the window next to a sign that said the office was closed due to the Superbowl. We opened the envelope to find our room key and room number inside along with all of our information. I was completely appalled by this! What a horrible way for a "resort" to be run. So we find our room and it was DISGUSTING!!! I mean everything was dirty and gross! The fridge didn't work and we couldn't call anyone becuase oops the office wasn't open. So we decided to use the balcony as our fridge, wrong again! The whole thing was COVERED in ice and was so slippery you couldn't even take a step outside! We walked to the pool area to find no hours posted and again couldn't ask anyone becuase there was no one to ask. We thought it woudl at least be open until 11pm, boy were were wrong! When we got back from watching the Superbowl we thought we would at least attempt to have some fun and go for a swim, but the "Security guard" told us the pool closed at 10pm and walked away from us. He was the only actual person we had come into contact with from the "resort" and he was so rude and not at all friendly! The heat was either on full blast or not at all, so you were either freezing cold or sweating!

Shame on me for not reading the reviews on this place before I booked the room, I would have gladly spent more money to stay somewhere nice! This place it rundown and dirty! If this place can't handle the off season then maybe they should shut down during the slow time. If you don't want to be open during the Superbowl then don't allow people to make reservations for that day! I will NEVER stay at this place again and can't believe that some people actually enjoy it! GROSS!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Guinness12
Reviewed February 10, 2011

At my works employee party I won a gift certificate for this Hotel. Due to my work schedule I was not able to redeem the certificate right away but I was looking forward to at least try to get away for a weekend. By the time it was about to expire I called and asked if it would be possible to get a small extension. Unfortunately by the time I called the General Manager was on vacation and no other person was able to grant an extension and they offered me that I will receive a call when he/she is back.Three weeks later I called again to see if maybe the message got lost and I have been told that the GM is not on property and I have been promised another call especially because they could not take my reservation at this point because of the holiday season.Now it is more then two months after and my gift certificate is expired and I still haven't gotten a call yet. It is very sad to see what kind of customer service they provide and how important their guests are to them.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
DawnBaker, Owner at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2011

I am very sorry for not returning your phone calls. Many of our gift certificates expired in December and we had several calls requesting an extention. I did extend the expiration date for everyone I talked to. I must have thought I had talked to you but apparently I did not. Again, I am sorry. Please call us and we will extend the date for you. I will make sure our staff is aware of this so if you cannot reach me directly, they can extend it for you.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

The hot tub, and the pool area is horrible. with bright fluorescent lights and it closes at 11pm. I can see this place to be an average spot with families with a bunch of kids who want to go to waterparks in the summer maybe. But other than that... I felt like I was back in college walking around in this place..

Also, we stayed at this place to go skiing at Devil's Head. DON'T ever do it. and DON'T go to wisconsin dells in the winter. It's a dead city.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends