“I would camp in my own backyard before coming back here”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

You read what everyone said, it's all true. Small un-even sites, old weatherd picnic tables, long walks on steep hilly roads to get anywhere in the place. The noise from I-90 is deafening. We couldn't hear each other talk when we were outside. Had to sleep with the windows closed just to try and keep noise down-best part was there was night road work being done on 90 and every night we were awaken by the sounds of workers saw cutting the expressway!!! Awful! My daughter loved the pools- they were also noisy. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RVTravelMama
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on Labor Day weekend with our family and had a great time. The water park is great for little ones but I see anyone over age 9 would be bored. The staff was helpful and even leant us a hose. The life guards were attentive to all the kids and tons of activities including a fun hay ride at night. Location is 5 minutes from Kalahari which was great. I would definitely recommend a site away from main road cause I see the noise complaints for people right by road. Did boat ride for an hour and it was fun also. I would definitely come back here

1  Thank Angie B
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I have been coming here every year since 2008. We love it here. Check in is usually at 4, however, if there isn't anyone occupying your site you are more then you can check in and set up early. There are also no restrictions on bringing in your own fire wood. Most places don't allow you to bring in your own wood and will confiscate it.
I have seen a few reviews where people were complaining about the noise from the highway. This resort is off of the highway but it's really no big deal. If it's not pointed out to you you can't hear the cars at all.
Anyway, Yogi Bear resort is kid friendly with lots of different events. Some at no cost and some at a very reasonable cost. If you go on a weekend they usually have a dance with a dj. The one thing I wasn't too crazy about was that the dj pretty much talked through the song and didn't let the song play all the way through.
If you're looking to spend the weekend away from home and make the kids happy this would be the spot.

1  Thank lizacollins72
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a group of families attending this camping trip. We had sites 131,132, and 134 and put up about 7 tents on the sites. Not a real level area, but lots of trees so nice shade, so didn't cook in our tents in the morning. I had read the reviews about the traffic from the interstate. Some areas it was really loud, especially down by the volleyball courts. I took along ear plugs and slept just fine. We had a good time playing Volleyball...of course their volleyball court could use a little work, not really even on both sides. The pool area was ok, the kids had a good time although there were alot of people. We had fun dancing to the DJ on Saturday night. We had fun, but we then again we (the group I was with) always have fun. I will probably opt for a different location next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading all of the bad reviews I was a little nervous about staying here. I don't understand the bad reviews because it really isn't that bad. Yes I have to admit, the highway noise is a little irritating but it's not horrible. I'm an still able to get a good nights sleep. The pool is a little small but it is still big enough to fit a normal crowd of people. The bathrooms are alright but they do need to be cleaned. The campsites are good and have lots of tress but I can see how they are a little tight. He had some trouble getting our 25 foot travel travel trailer in the the campsite. Overall it is a very decent campground. I would recommend staying here. It's not very far from Kalahari resorts and other water parks.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just got back from our weekend up at this resort. First of all - the Cabin we stayed in, in fact all of those cabins have the interstate literally 30 yards out the back. Traffic was LOUD - you could not enjoy a quiet campfire at any time of the day. Sleeping was only possible with a noise machine and the heater fan running through the night. We walked around a large chunk of the campground and you just cannot escape the traffic noise anywhere.
If you are looking for a peaceful place to enjoy, do not go here.
Also, for $169/night - the cabins were definitely NOT worth that price. We could've stayed at one of the indoor/outdoor theme hotels for that and have been much more comfortable and had a lot more options for activities.
Most of the staff, although friendly, did not speak or understand English well at all. I'm glad we did not have any emergency type situations. That could have been disastrous.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ssilvers99
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall I was happy with the campground. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed in a Cindy Bear cabin which had plenty of room for 2 adults, a toddler and a 70-pound dog. It is one of the only places I could find that allows dogs in the cabins.

Cindy Bear Cabin:
The cabin had a double bed, bunk beds, small fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, and built in table/benches. There was room for us to set up a pack and play and still lots of room to move around. We used the top bunk to store bags, etc. Outside each cabin there is a small deck, picnic table and firepit. The cabin got pretty warm during the day. Make sure to bring a fan. It helps with the heat as well as drowns out any sounds at night like noisy neighbors or road noise.

Pools:
We just used the kiddie pool. Our toddler loved it and at most there were 10 other kids in there. The full pool and hot tub looked pretty crowded but I didn't check it out.

Property in General:
It is basically in town so don't expect a secluded campground. If I was tent camping I would not pick this place. Many of the sites are right along a busy road. So there will be party buses driving by at 2:30 am. But with a fan on in the cabin we were able to drown out any noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family