“It's good but the traffic noise is loud”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
“It's good but the traffic noise is loud”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

After reading all of the bad reviews I was a little nervous about staying here. I don't understand the bad reviews because it really isn't that bad. Yes I have to admit, the highway noise is a little irritating but it's not horrible. I'm an still able to get a good nights sleep. The pool is a little small but it is still big enough to fit a normal crowd of people. The bathrooms are alright but they do need to be cleaned. The campsites are good and have lots of tress but I can see how they are a little tight. He had some trouble getting our 25 foot travel travel trailer in the the campsite. Overall it is a very decent campground. I would recommend staying here. It's not very far from Kalahari resorts and other water parks.

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Watertown, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We just got back from our weekend up at this resort. First of all - the Cabin we stayed in, in fact all of those cabins have the interstate literally 30 yards out the back. Traffic was LOUD - you could not enjoy a quiet campfire at any time of the day. Sleeping was only possible with a noise machine and the heater fan running through the night. We walked around a large chunk of the campground and you just cannot escape the traffic noise anywhere.
If you are looking for a peaceful place to enjoy, do not go here.
Also, for $169/night - the cabins were definitely NOT worth that price. We could've stayed at one of the indoor/outdoor theme hotels for that and have been much more comfortable and had a lot more options for activities.
Most of the staff, although friendly, did not speak or understand English well at all. I'm glad we did not have any emergency type situations. That could have been disastrous.

3 Thank ssilvers99

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Overall I was happy with the campground. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. We stayed in a Cindy Bear cabin which had plenty of room for 2 adults, a toddler and a 70-pound dog. It is one of the only places I could find that allows dogs in the cabins.

Cindy Bear Cabin:
The cabin had a double bed, bunk beds, small fridge/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, and built in table/benches. There was room for us to set up a pack and play and still lots of room to move around. We used the top bunk to store bags, etc. Outside each cabin there is a small deck, picnic table and firepit. The cabin got pretty warm during the day. Make sure to bring a fan. It helps with the heat as well as drowns out any sounds at night like noisy neighbors or road noise.

Pools:
We just used the kiddie pool. Our toddler loved it and at most there were 10 other kids in there. The full pool and hot tub looked pretty crowded but I didn't check it out.

Property in General:
It is basically in town so don't expect a secluded campground. If I was tent camping I would not pick this place. Many of the sites are right along a busy road. So there will be party buses driving by at 2:30 am. But with a fan on in the cabin we were able to drown out any noise.

1 Thank mmaggio
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our most disappointing Yogi ever. The pool was great. That was it. Well the bar at the pool made it great for parents. The rest...not good at all. I should have read the reviews but we were dead set on staying at a Yogi for my 4 year old's birthday. He has loved all of the Yogi parks in the past so we didn't look into any other places to stay. His birthday wish was a Yogi campground. Huge mistake. First of all the sites are really small and the water/electric are very hard to access. I never would have thought that our 16 ft trailer would have a hard time. We tried out 3 spots before one worked. The fact that they gave options I thought was good. That was the one accommodating thing. We chose a site away from the road. Upon trying out sites, I could hear the traffic and decided that a park side site would not be worth it. Activities...The list was great. Really full and lots of options. It's one of the reason's why we booked. The Halloween trick or treating....was sad. The weather might have had something to do with it (super hot), but it still was there. The staff...our worst experience with a Jellystone. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but they were all foreign exchange students. They weren't horrible but they didn't have the passion. They seemed to be there for just a job. That being said, the rest of the Dells seemed to be the same way! Apparently, no American teenagers want to work in The Dells. The stores, the restaurants ect all seemed to be foreign exchange students. Oh, the other things you should know about is the bathrooms. The worst that I have been to as an adult. The toilet paper didn't roll but a few squares before tearing and the showers didn't have temperature control or adjustable heads. Push a button and hurry up. You only get 30 seconds or so before you must press again. I'm sorry but going to the bathroom is Very important and should not be neglected! IF we ever go to the Dells again, it definitely won't be here.

1 Thank Mamawolf
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't go here I wish I researched this place better. I have stayed at many jellystones and this is by far the worst. It's overpriced, dirty and the staff is useless. I asked upon my arrival about an easy spot to pull my camper into maybe a pull trough slot. I'm not very good at backing up. The kid working the gate looked at me like I was stupid it was at that point I realized he barely spoke English. It went down hill from there they gave me a spot that I had to do a 30 point turn to get into( the camp was less than 1/3 full so there were plenty of spots.) nope no moving he wouldn't even call a native English speaker so I could ask him questions. Ill skip to the next day. I asked the girl in the gift shop aka ranger station what time the pool opened. I got a blank stare for my efforts. Yet again no enliglish spoken. I gave this place a shot but undeven spots dirty and falling apart equipment nope no more. For the same price I can go to mt Olympus' rv park and get free passes to the park included.

3 Thank Cblong2000
Kalamazoo, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Embarrassed to admit that I stayed here. It's so not the kind of camping I am interested in. However due to heat and flies in UP we drove south to Yogi Bear for swimming. The reason they consider 13 year old child an adult is because any kid over 12 will find this place to be boring. Our 3 little ones had lots of fun and for them it was a great time.

Restrooms: Michigan State Parks put these to shame. Sorry I am spoiled by hot showers and clean floors. Neither found here.

Pools: these were clean and fun. Website advertised more water slides than what was really available at this location. Again kids over 12 will likely be bored.

Campsites : small and close together but well maintained.

As for me and my family, Yogi Bear will remain a cartoon and not a destination.

1 Thank Jason K
Fox River Grove, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Been here with my kids in the 1980's and1990's. Never again unlevel site to the point front wheels off ground on motorhome and still not level.i understand this is designed for kids, but counted 20 kids age 3-8 in hot tub and only 3 adults. Way to much chlorine, I wonder why? I know kids and alcohol bar is less than 50' from pull and hot tub. Great kids water park. Saw many adults drinking beer in bottles around all pool areas. No lights around park any more to see your way back to sites. Showers look like the one from 1980's. Low branches hanging every where along with dead trees and branches. Even hit branches with full size van. Poor communication do to non American workers. I guess you get what you pay for when paying minimum wage. But was told they pay immigrants more then American workers, interesting. Notice this all over the dells. They made more sites since last time we where there by putting them in between the old sites. Water connections leaking everywhere. Been in caledonia park last year and frankenmuth the week before now this parks care about you and your RV . Check out other parks in dells first. No adult time in pool area and kids cane been in hot tub anytime as well.

2 Thank Larry Bonnie R