“Not all bad”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in a camper her for three nights. The check in process was painless although I am glad I didn't have any questions because the employee would have had a hard time understanding them. Our campsite was big enough and the gravel pad was level but the rest of the site was very uneven. It was at least 4 feet below the pad and undulated. The water spigot was a considerable distance from my water intake so I had to buy a longer hose (50 ft). The pool was nice though rather small for the size of the campground but we were there during the week so it was fine. The pool had a bar but the drinks were very overpriced. We did not use the food facility. We knew the campground was by the interstate going into the stay and yes it is a steady noisy background if you are out of your camper. The grounds were well kept and the restrooms were clean. All of the employees we encounter were eager to please but difficult to understand. All in all it is a decent campground if you have young kids. They had costumed characters there every day and the kids there seemed to have a great time with them. My kids are teenagers and weren't impressed. We would not go back for a second visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dewman719
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a yurt at jelly stone. We have stayed in yurts before and they are so cute. This one was interesting. There are real mattresses in there. Like not camping mattresses that are covered in plastic. I'm sorry, but that's gross. Also the fire pit was filled w garbage. The bathrooms are pretty gross looking. And the sound of the highway keeps me up. Not white noise.... Just plain loud. Perks are the pool and water area are fun for the kids and they seem to have a lot of kid activities. I'm not sure we will stay here again. I would rather go to door county and stay in a yurt at wagon trail campground. Better yurts and super clean bathrooms.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Mar1180
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was our second trip to Yogi Bear's campground, we were pleased last year and decided to come again this year. Although the noise from the highway was incredibly loud and it was hard to hear each other around the campfire at night, overall the stay was pleasant. The kids loved the playground, "hey ride", and pool activities. The bathrooms and all areas were kept quite clean. If I went back again next year, I would try and get a cabin away from the highway. We would go back as the kid's really enjoyed it. The staff is very nice as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana S
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This location is very crowded. The streets are narrow and sites are close together. The are not very level either. We reserved a electric and water site and when we arrived we found out that our only had 20 amp power...we needed 30 amps. They moved us to another site that did offer 30 amp power but the pedestal was broken. After backing into our third site we were finally able to hook up. The site is so unlevel that our campers rear bumper is almost touching the ground (33 ft travel trailer). I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Okay- so it's the Dells, it's busier and more expensive than other campgrounds, but it's still one of our favorites. (Watch for specials!!!) Our kids love it!

Pros- TONS to do, love the "Hey Rides," seeing the characters, crafts, hot tub outside, pool side DJ, STREET DANCE, friendly management and staff, access to Mirror Lake (It's a beautiful walk to the boat landing!), location is great- right behind the outlet mall if you're in the Dells to shop, etc.

Cons- Sites are kind of over-crowded (# limits would be nice), pool/ hot tub chemicals are strong (My youngest had minor chemical burn after our stay the beging of August- warranted a trip to the clinic, but when we mentioned the strong chem to staff, they were very responsive and closed the hot tub right away.) Little kid waterpark is COLD, but if you need a lounge chair there's usually a bunch open in that area!

As far as interstate noise- yep, right on the highway- check a map- so are several resort hotels, it's just where Lake Delton is! If that's going to be a big hangup, go somewhere else! To be honest, it just becomes white noise to me- and we don't pick sites right next to the road.

Overall, we love it and will be back- probably early season because it is so much busier later summer. (Really a lot of the problems people complain about crowds cause- messes, bathroom lines, need for lots of pool chemicals, noise- if people would pick up after themselves, be considerate and not try to fit their whole extended family on 1 campsite things would be better!)

Room Tip: ASK for a site away from the highway if the noise concerns you. There are more rustic sites.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A C
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Prices are too high for this poor place. We paid $75 per night per site and just feel like camping on the side of I94, cars noise all day and night, they must have a sound proof barrier or something at less. The pool is too small and only for little kids. Bathrooms: only 3 toilets and 3 showers, for that many people, seriously?

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Mul2012
bgasser, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at Yogi Bear Jellystone Park™ in the Wisconsin Dells. Our Campers’ experiences and feedback provide us with knowledge to correct problems when necessary and also helps us to determine improvements need to be made in our park. Please accept our apologies if your camping visit was not all that you expected.
As a owner of this property, I am personally disappointed that our facilities did not meet your expectations. I am now aware of your concerns and meet frequently with the mangers of all departments to help resolve problems such as yours so that they might be solved in the future. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that you received a good value for the amount of money you spent. Unfortunately there is no way to correct the mistakes of the past. Most of all, I apologize for all you problems that you encountered during your stay and can assure you that we try very hard so that each guest experience is exceptional.
Our camper’s comments are of the utmost importance to us and we are committed in providing a quality camping experience at our park. Further. We are dedicated to improving the quality of the camping experience on each camping visit. We appreciate hearing from you regarding your camping experiences and hope to earn back your trust.
We sincerely hope that you and your family will return again with a site further from the interstate and that your future stay will be more enjoyable.
Brent Gasser,
President/Owner – Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Wisconsin Dells

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was there with my family last weekend and foremost is too expensive for what you get,the "water park" is very small and no many features,the bed cabins very small too,I got bit by some kind of bugs or insects during sleeping I still have marks on my arms....well I can keep going on & on.

I will not go back to that place never.

Room Tip: Not here.I don't recomend this place .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family