““ PLEASE::::Don't Waste Your Money, This Place Is Horrible !”” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort

and 1 more site!
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort
Indianapolis, Indiana
““ PLEASE::::Don't Waste Your Money, This Place Is Horrible !””
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family and I planned a vacation here based on the information and pictures given on the website. We were very excited about the trip until we pulled onto the camp grounds. There was people asking for their money back and the owner seemed very rude. The cabin where we stood was literally falling apart and it looked very old and dirty the bottom half of it was caved in and cracked. There was trash around the fire pit and area outside our lodge. We thought we would check out the pool area and mini golf, trying to be optimistic for the kids, which both had scenic views of I-94 (the freeway) and looked dirty the pool had so many people in that all you could do is stand around what a disappointment and the pool area is extremely small so if you decide to go during the weekend be prepared. Nothing about this camp-resort was how it appeared online. They just Lie Lie Lie We were so disappointed, my kids and family wanted to go to a different hotel. I talked with the owner and he refused to refund what we pay for our stay. We booked 3 nights here, and I lost out on $145.00 which made me even more upset. I do not want to give one dollar of my hard earned money to this place the owner is very arrogant and will not be willing to work with you. I paid $145.00 to be given the wrong key . Along with that came the stress of finding a place last minute in the Dells that had occupancy for us. The website is extremely deceiving and nothing is how it looks. This camp is a joke, and a complete waste of money if you are looking to enjoy a relaxing stay. The Ranger Family Lodges are all lined up in a row just feet away from each other. No camping feel about this place, looked like a broke down trailer park. The staff was difficult to understand, and it was very frustrating trying to get a hold of the person I needed to talk to. This was a terrible start to a very much looked forward to vacation, and gives a terrible name to the JellyStone Park Brand. Dells JellyStone did not stand up to any expectations they promised on the website, and did nothing but cause me and my family problems and disappointment. Due to this experience, I can promise that we will never be booking another vacation at a JellyStone Park Camp Ground. I would like to assume not all are as bad as the Dells location, but it is unfortunate that we had this experience here. I cannot imagine ever recommending this place to anyone I will tell everyone I know to stay away form this horrible place specially because of their customer service The owner needs some customer service classes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank WilliamJhonson

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Opinions expressed here are based on our experience in June 2011. Your experience may be different, but I wanted to relate our weekend with others. We are a family with two kids, and we tent camped from Friday to Sunday. For the two nights, it was $78.

*PROPERTY LOCATION – This is close to Interstate 90/94, located in Lake Delton. It is down the road and around the bend from Noah’s Ark and other things on the Parkway if you are looking to do things down there. It is not within walking distance to anything. It is a hike to some restaurants, convenience stores, and an outlet mall. You will need to drive to any attractions. But it is close enough to come back to your site to change or for lunch or dinner, and go back out again.

*CLEANLINESS – This is the cleanest place I have ever stayed at, cleaner than some hotels. Site trash pick-up is daily at noon. Seriously clean!

*CHECK-IN – It took forever for us to get checked in. You form two lines at the gate house and they come to your car. There was a problem with the car in front of us, and it took forever to get in. Everything is paid for beforehand, so I don’t know what the problem was. Anyway, they give you campground wristbands, a map, and brochures, and you are off.

*SECURITY – They give you a tag to put on a pole at your site. After looking at the flip side, it is REALLY a receipt with YOUR NAME and ADDRESS on it. I think this is a bad idea for several reasons, but I will not spell them out and give out any ideas. You’ll have to use your imagination.

They print a number on their map for after-hours security, but we didn’t use it. On one night trip to the bathroom, I did see a security guard walking around. It was after 10:30pm quiet hours, but he wasn’t telling anyone to be quiet.

*SITE – We were in tent site #18, under a shady oak tree. You don’t really get much space. There is water and electric in the area, but you share with the neighboring sites. The water was right in ours so others had to come over to our site and use the water.

When we got to our site, we walked over and got a picnic table from an empty site and moved it to our site. It didn’t look like all sites had a picnic table.

We found our fire ring against a tree, but the next site couldn’t find one, and so they called the office. Someone from the staff came over and located one for them. Eventually they had one.

Our other neighbors were moved to their site after being in another site. Their original site had a little valley in the middle of it and the husband couldn’t walk the site due to health reasons.

The people behind us had about forty people in it, perhaps more. There were tents, campers, vans, and people and kids everywhere. They must have been celebrating a birthday or something, because there were tons of people and kids. The kids, my God, the kids. And then they were watching TV, which was turned up so loud on account of the interstate traffic noise. I’m OK with the white noise that the interstate created because I didn’t want to hear the soccer game, in Spanish anyway. And they kept cutting through our campsite (and everyone else’s). I KNOW you can’t control your neighbors, and it could happen at ANY campground: just relating our experience, that’s all. What really took the prize was when we were ready to pull out of our site, one lady from their group pulled their van IN FRONT OF our car, and just got out…. as we were pulling out. We were astounded by the number of rude campers in the campground, not just them. Rude and inconsiderate. It was a different camping experience than we had ever had.

Since you are so close to your neighbors and you can set your pop-up anywhere on the site, our neighbor’s outdoor light was angled in such a way that it shone into our tent. It was so bright, it kept me up worse than the interstate traffic did.

*BATHROOMS – It was about a five minute hike to the showers and bathroom. And it’s up a very steep hill. Try that in the middle of the night. For our entire section, there were three showers and three flush toilets. I had to wait in line, about eight deep, at 12:30am to use the bathroom. They were clean (or about as clean as you can get for how many people are using it). They must clean these bathrooms all the time. There was a guy cleaning it once and we had to walk over to the Ranger Store to use the bathroom there. On Saturday night, two of the sinks were out of order and stayed that way past check out time on Sunday. The showers are small and narrow, and when shampooing my hair, I could not raise my elbows up to my head from the side because my elbows would hit the sides of the shower. Also, the nozzle (a nozzle that is possibly for a hose, not a regular shower) is very high. So, your entire body is going to get wet, even if you didn’t want to wash your hair at the time. It’s also a rather hard spray. The showers are free, but they are only one temperature, which I thought was a tad too hot because I wanted a cooler shower after a hot day. Also, the water was timed. It is about 30 seconds of water per push of water button. Seriously, try this at home - Get wet for 30 seconds / Stop / Turn water back on / Shower for 30 seconds / Stop. Maybe it’s just me, but I really need more time than that. My hair is long (well over three feet, past my butt) so it was a huge pain for me. I was in the shower for a very long time.

Laundry was in the same building, but I didn’t go over there.

*AMMENITIES – Pools, game room, soda machines, novelty shop (with more Yogi Bear merchandise that I have ever seen), kids activities (some with extra fees), evening movies, lock-out/jump start services (available for $35), golf cart rental, mini golf ($). Camp store had some drinks, snacks, water toys. Ice was $2.50. Firewood was $5, but we bought ours at a bait shop for $3.50 when we were out and about. I never did see the boat rental area because it was very far from our campsite.

They say they have wi-fi, but we were unable to use it. The signal was just not strong enough. I would have liked to use it, but no such luck. There isn’t really a place I could have gone to sit and use it either.

The pool lifeguard hardly spoke English and could not control the people in it. It was chaos and the kids were unruly, almost to the point of dangerous because some kids were climbing on the floating log and pushing other kids off of it. There is also a poolside bar. Parents should be supervising their children and *probably* should not be drinking. There was also an activity pool, but the water was very cold.

We did go on the Hey Ride. Cute. Cheesy. Available at 11am (Yogi rode along) and 9pm in the dark. Our eight and three year olds liked it. We waited in line for over thirty minutes Friday night, but Saturday morning we go on in no time. Night was a neater ride.

*LAYOUT – It is a large campground. It is hard to drive around because there is only a narrow path to get around and people are walking in the middle of it and kids are riding their scooters and bikes on it.

*NOISE – They said when we reserved we would be near the highway. OK, to clarify… this is not a highway – it is an INTERSTATE. And the Friday night traffic was sooooooo loud. It wasn’t just cars – it was really loud semi-truck traffic. On a positive note, you CANNOT hear what the next site over is saying. Heck, I could hardly hear from one side of the table to the other. It creates such a white noise that it drowns out ANY sound from the next site. After walking around some of the property, you can hear the interstate from almost anywhere. It is seriously that load. I could not imagine what it was like for some of the sites that were even closer.

*MISC. – Full payment within seven days of checking in. There were some good discounts in the check-in bag. Site check-in/out is 2pm.

OVERALL – On paper, it seemed like a nice place to camp. I like kitschy and cheesy tourist attractions and I thought this would be fun. However, I will not book this place again. Because of the amount of people in the place, the facilities and amenities are just so crowded. On a less busy weekend this may be a nice place to stay, but you will still need to deal with the interstate noise. I ended up taking no pictures of the campsite because we did not enjoy our time there and spent most of our time out and about.

Room Tip: Ask to be at a site far away from the interstate.
4 Thank spottylover

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Hartland, Wi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

My family and I planned a vacation here based on the information and pictures given on the website. We were very excited about the trip until we pulled onto the camp grounds. Our Ranger Family Lodge was literally falling apart, the bottom half of it was caved in and cracked. There was trash around the fire pit and area outside our lodge. We thought we would check out the pool area and mini golf, trying to be optimistic for the kids, which both had scenic views of I-94 (the freeway) and looked dirty and broke down. Nothing about this camp-resort was how it appeared online. We were so disappointed, my kids were crying begging not to stay here. I talked with the owner and he refunded us 75% of our stay. We booked 3 nights here, and I lost out on $135.00 which made me even more upset. I do not want to give one dollar of my hard earned money to this place. I paid $135.00 to drive through this camp to get all our hopes up and listen to crying kids. Along with that came the stress of finding a place last minute in the Dells that had occupancy for us. The website is extremely deceiving and nothing is how it looks. This camp is a joke, and a complete waste of money if you are looking to enjoy a relaxing stay. The Ranger Family Lodges are all lined up in a row just feet away from each other. No camping feel about this place, looked like a broke down trailer park. The staff was difficult to understand, and it was very frustrating trying to get a hold of the person I needed to talk to. This was a terrible start to a very much looked forward to vacation, and gives a terrible name to the JellyStone Park Brand. Dells JellyStone did not stand up to any expections they promised on the website, and did nothing but cause me and my family problems and disappointment. Due to this experience, I can promise that we will never be booking another vacation at a JellyStone Park Camp Ground. I would like to assume not all are as bad as the Dells location, but it is unfortunate that we had this experience here. I can not imagine ever recommending this place to anyone I know.

5 Thank JennaBunz
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

This was the most over priced dump that I have been to. We came in on a Thursday after staying in a hotel for a couple days and I sent my kids up to the laundry room to see how many washers and dryers they had. Of the two washers one worked and of the four dryers, only one worked. The bathroom at check in was nasty and dirty. No TP in any of the stalls and the sinks were disgusting. The boat rentals are not within walking distance of our campsite. The sites are cramped over priced. Our sewer was full when we went to go hook into it, our water was in the neighbors site and their electricity was in ours. The staff was ok, but refused to clean up some vomit at the side of the hot tub. The bugs were nasty, they could easily put down some pesticide to help!
Pool was ok, but very crowded, life guards had no clue what was going on. Most didn't understand English. Free Internet didn't work 75% of the time that we were there. WILL NEVER go back!

4 Thank Wsr0224
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had stayed at a Yogi Bear campground in Virginia it was an awesome experience, lots of things to do for the kids a real family oriented enviroment. This one however was the exact opposite. The staff were under trained and just plain RUDE. Other problems were the fact not enough activites for the kids. And the activities they did have cost extra, that's after paying over 300 dollars for a cabin which has not heat, air, or running water. It was so bad we actually left a day early and ain't the extra nights fee.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank sbalm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

Me and my family had a blast at yogi bear this summer, we rented a boo boo chalet and it was fun. There are tons of things to do for the kids like
• swimming
• mini golfing
• golf cart riding
Great service and friendly staff!!!!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Snakes33
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I was nervous to go camping here because of all the bad reviews, however I had a great time and experienced none of the negative things that were stated in these reviews.

I didn't find the campsites to be too small or close together. We easily fit a very large and a small tent and 2 cars in our camp spot with lots of extra room for chairs, a table etc. We had a corner spot so there was only one person next to us and there was plenty of distance in between.

Yes, the campsite is near a highway and there are some spots that are literally next to the highway. However, we chose a spot that was furthest away from the highway and didn't hear any highway noise. If you going to camp here I'd recommend you ask for a spot that is not by the highway when you make your reservation.

The bathrooms were kept clean and there are lots of activities for kids to do here. They also have store with everything you need and they sell firewood, ice etc which was nice.

I saw alot of people saying quiet time was not enforced. But, around 10:30 the ranger did come around and let everyone know it was "quiet time" and asked us to turn off our radio. From then on it was very quiet around there...it seemed like everyone went to sleep pretty early except for us!

There are 2 pool areas: a regular pool with a water slide and a kiddie pool area. Yes, the regular pool was crowded but still enjoyable. There were several lifeguards on duty and we found the staff to be helpful. Just a side note: I saw alot of complaints about the workers being foreign...that's how it is in the Dells! Most of the workers come in from other countries for the summer through a college exchange program...deal with it!

All in all this is a great place to camp for people who have kids or for people who want to camp without "roughing it" too much. I'd definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends