“very quite, peaceful, clean”
Review of Indian Trail Motel

Indian Trail Motel
Ranked #12 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
des moines iowa
“very quite, peaceful, clean”
Reviewed August 11, 2006

We had a party of 12, 6 children,6 adults. Indian Trails is a place you can let your childern play with out fear. Large open area with grills and picknick tables. Clean pools, well supplied rooms. We always stay at one of the resorts when going to the dells, this time they were booked. I saved enough to go to 3 different water parks, shopping and food for the same price it would of cost to stay at one of the resorts, and had a better time. We will be back.

• Liked — clean, safe, peaceful
  • Disliked — age
  • Tips/Secrets — It is not a brand new place, but it is clean.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank maylett
IndianTrailOwner, Owner at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2016
Hello meylett

Better late than never. We wanted to let you know that we appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay with us at the Indian Trail Motel. Glad to hear that you had a quiet stay. We work very hard to make your stay comfortable. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope to seeing you soon.

Ed, owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicagoland, IL
Reviewed August 10, 2006

This was exactly what I expected a motel to be, but clean and well kept. There are certainly nicer places to stay, and if the idea of staying in a vintage 1950's paneled and cinder block interior with motel-quality pillows, sheets, towels, comforter, etc. doesn't sound unappealing to you, then I would recommend it. The pools (indoor and outdoor) are very nice, heated so that they are really comfortable, and clean. The motel is about a half mile walk from the downtown strip (Ripley's, Wizard Quest, etc.) but you need to drive to any amusement or water parks.

A couple of nice extra touches are: On Saturdays they build a bonfire (I wasn't there on a Saturday.) Another is that they are presently running a promotion where you receive a free Dells discount card (normally $10,) and free passes for everyone for each night you stay.

The staff is nice enough--although when I asked the receptionist if there would be any problem with checking out early, she told me no, and I even asked her if there would be any charge, she told me no. She ended up charging me $10, and when I told her that she didn't tell me of the charge when I asked her the previous day, she told me it was standard and that I had signed a contract.

The first room they put us in (for $90) was awful and I immediately asked to change rooms, which they did without a fuss. Stay away from the standalone building with four rooms and no picture windows. There was no bathtub, it was dark and stinky, and really depressing.

I ended up switching to the Hilton for $140/night, after two nights at the motel which began to get depressing. I felt the Hilton was well worth the extra $40. Overall, if you like the idea of a motel, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If you want a more modern hotel with higher quality amenities, skip it and head for the Hilton.

• Liked — Pools
  • Disliked — Room
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid the standalone four-room building.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GlenviewDad
IndianTrailOwner, Owner at Indian Trail Motel, responded to this review, July 17, 2016
Hello GlenviewDad

Better late than never. We wanted to let you know that we appreciate you taking the time to write a review in regards to your stay with us at the Indian Trail Motel. We have made many changes to our rooms since you were here. We have remodeled them as well. You can take a look at our new rooms online and see. We work very hard to make your stay comfortable. Hope to seeing you soon.

Ed, Owner