“better the 2nd time around”
Review of Christmas Mountain

Christmas Mountain
Sussex, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“better the 2nd time around”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We are Bluegreen Owners and stayed a couple years ago in the 3 bedroom villa. Totally yucky and reeked of smoke. I was a little nervous going back but wanted to use up some of my points before they expired. So we decided to book a 1 bedroom for this past weekend, just got back today, but wasn't expecting much. Actually had a back up plan if it was like the last time. Was pleasantly surprised on how nice the resort was. The room was very dated but clean. The indoor pool was a lot of fun, our kids 9 and 7, really had a great time. We played mini golf, swam and ate at Mulligan's. Mulligans had great food.
I'm really glad we gave Xmas mountain another shot. We are already planning our next trip back!

2 Thank innairis

mokena
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Never having heard of the place I was a little leary especially since Im one of those "it better look like the photo" kind of people and... I loved it!!! All the comforts of home and than some.
It was private, clean, spacious, had everything we needed from dishes to stackable washer dryer. The views from our 1 bedroom townhome were breathtaking, the property itself super clean, super functioning, super maintained. Loved it sooo much we inquired about timeshare and for me that says ALOT. Its definetly a family friendly enviroment but very romantic as well.

Northwest Indiana
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great mini vacation”
Reviewed April 30, 2009

First of I all I would like to say that we are Bluegreen owners. This is the first time we stayed at Christmas Mountain. What a great suprise. I was a little leery, reading other reviews. Our villa was somewhat outdated, but that diidn't bother us very much. We did have a small drip in the ceiling, which mait. looked at, shortly after we made the call (although nothing he could do since it was raining, but the drips didn't last long) We stayed in the "Villas". We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath. 1st bedroom downstairs had 2 twin beds, full bathroom (except for a tub), full kitchen and dining room. In the livingroom, there were 2 couches, 1 pull out, a fireplace and a screened in porch w/ an electric grill. Upstairs was a laundry room and the master bedroom, w/ a full size bed, fireplace and a jaccuzi tub, along with a bathroom. The room had sky light windows over the bed and bath tub, which I thought was the only downfall of the villa, because it got very hot up there, even in April weather. But one good thing about them is that the shades were "blackout" shades, so we didn't wake up very early due to the sun.
The daily activites were geared more towards kids and since we didn't have ours, we weren't able to take advantage of it.
The outdoor hottub was huge and great. The indoor pool was definitely geared for kids, although they had adult swin in the morning and "quiet" time at night.
We didn't use the golf course so I can't comment on that. There was a lake but activities were not open and from the sign, there is no swimming in that lake, also another downfall.

Tomahawk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Family Fun At X-mas Mountain”
Reviewed February 23, 2009

My husband and I took our entire family (12) to X-mas mountain on Jan 23, 2009. We stayed in 2 side by side villas that had 2 bedrooms and a pull out sleeper sofa. Each unit had a fireplace which really helped keep us nice and cozy as it was below zero the 3 nights we were there.
I cooked all my meals at home before we left and just had to heat them up when we got there. The kitchens were well equiped and everything you needed was there.
The kids and some adults skied and the other kids and adults went tubing. Me and husband just watched and saw our family having a great time.
We all had fun at Jollys. The photo people were really nice and even took some pictures of our entire family for me.
All in all we had a great time. Just wished it was a little warmer outside.
Hope to return again.

Libertyville, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Our second time skiing”
Reviewed December 30, 2008

Took my boys (10 & 12) out for my and their second day ever skiing after having spent a day at Cascade Mountain where we learnt to ski for the first time. Thank goodness we did not do the lessons or get our first experience of skiing at Christmas mountain. It took over an hour to get our skis and the line was out the door with visitors needing to stand in the cold while waiting. They were very short staffed (although the staff was very friendly but obviously frantically busy) and each set of skis seemed to need individual setting for the guest. After getting to the slope my skis had not been set correctly and I needed to go back for a setting adjustment. The "snow" was very compact and icy compared to Cascade and the rope pull to the top was a shambles with people jumping on anywhere they wanted. Overall the experience was not as pleasant as I would have hoped given the cost. The boys are begging to go back to Cascade but DO NOT want to go back to Christmas Mountain. It is further to travel but they are a very slick operation.

3 Thank wmdctb