“Had a Great Time with teenagers for Spring Break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Christmas Mountain
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Had a Great Time with teenagers for Spring Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

Not sure what happened to others who visited this establishment but I am a Bluegreen owner and have been going to Christmas Mountain for some time now. I believe that I have stayed at about every type of accommodation there is. This stay was in a 2 bedroom 2 bath townhome with fireplace and whirlpool. If I had one complaint that would be of a broken vacuum cleaner. Everything worked, check in was quick, townhome was easy to find, the unit was spacious and clean. Maybe they could update some of the color schemes but everything was clean. I had two teenagers with me who enjoyed themselves. What I like best is that this place is off the beaten pathway of downtown Wisconsin Dells. A Super Walmart is very near for shopping as well as other places. All the amenites of home are definitely a plus. We will go back again. They especially enjoyed going to the Tanger Outlet, which is about a 15 minute drive away from the resort.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Tracey S

Plainfield, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disgusting Accommodations - Full Of Lies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

We had planned on taken a 2 night vacation to Wisconsin dells and were going to book at a more desirable resort. We just happened to go into the Bass Pro Shop and were approached about Christmas Mountain. My husband and I decided to go ahead and book. We were told we would be staying in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom Villa that has an in room whirlpool and washer and dryer. They also told us to make sure we told the reservation person we wanted the upgrade for $70.00 to insure we would receive the Villa with above accommodations. We were even shown pictures of the Villa's.

I called the following day to book (since it was already closed that day)
I was reassured we would be staying in the 2 bedroom, 2 bath Villa with the whirlpool and washer and dryer.
The lady also asked me if I wanted to extend our stay I could (but I would have to add on that day to get special price) and it would be an additional $99.00 per night. After the call I asked my husband who checked with his work if he could take off an extra day. We worked that out, called back an hour later and then were told the price would be $149.00 per night. We went ahead with it anyway.

The day before we were suppose to leave, we received our welcome package in the mail. I saw that we were staying in a "Cottage". We immediately called to find out why we were switched. We were told that those are the rooms they always give out for this promotion, and we could not change or switch anything do to the promotion. We were guaranteed the Cottage was very nice and we would be in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage that had everything we were promised except the whirlpool and washer and dryer.
This is not what we were told at the time of booking. Needless to say, we were not happy, but there was nothing we could do at that time.

When we arrived at Christmas Mountain we were "Shocked" at the condition of the Cottage. The place was "Filthy Dirty".
The dishwasher had dried..old food on the bottom of it (looked like mouse droppings) and the dishwasher also did not work.
The handle of the refrigerator was falling off and the screws were all stripped.
The stove was un-useable because the burners were sticking up so high we were afraid it might catch on fire if used.
The hallway closet door was falling down and in the hinges there was paper towels shoved up in it to hold the door up.
The vanity in the bathroom was coming off the wall, the bottom of the vanity rotting out (also smelled of mold and mildew).
The fan in the bathroom was hanging by a thread.
The living room couch was so worn out that the cushions were all the way back so you sat on the bars from the couch.

Moving on......we went down to the office and told the Supervisor about the conditions of the room. All he said was....He was sorry.....but there was nothing he could do. We asked why we were given a 1 bathroom cottage when we were promised a 2 bathroom, he said he had no idea and he could not move us, there was nothing else available in the entire Christmas Mountain. They were sold out.
Literally we wanted to pack up our car and leave but since we were obligated to go to the Blue Green Time Share presentation on Friday or be charged even more, we decided to stick it out.
On Thursday evening we received a phone call from the front desk. The lady asked how we were enjoying our stay. I told her she did not want to know, and she asked what was wrong. I told her everything that was wrong and once again, all I got was an, Im sorry and I should speak to the manager, the next morning.

We were suppose to stay at Christmas Mountain until Saturday. We had already talked to our 13 year old twin daughters and they wanted to leave also. (When does a kid ever want to leave vacation....never)
We had all agreed that after the presentation we would leave regardless.
My husband and I did not sleep the 2 nights we were there because the bed and sofa were so uncomfortable.

Friday, we went to our presentation. While we feel bad for the sales rep we got, and had to explain all of the above to him, he totally understood and had his manager come over to hear what was going on. Again, all they could say was....they were sorry. They did not want us to sabotage their presentation and felt it was better to not put us in the group.
No we were not irate in any way shape or form, just disgusted that no one cared or did anything for us, except take our money and give us dirty, unsafe accommodations.
In all honesty....At that point there was nothing anybody could say or do to make us want to stay.

When we checked out, right after the presentation, may I remind you a day early that we still had to pay for, the girl at the desk said she was sorry we did not enjoy our stay and once again the Manager was busy and we should call and talk to her later that day. I have since emailed the Manager and 2 other Managers for Christmas Mountain / Blue Green and have not received a response.

So that being said, I really do feel we were totally taken advantage of. I would have liked for someone to do anything for us, but unfortunately that was not the case. They do not care about their customers. What my husband and I do not understand is, why would they treat people that bad when they want them to buy timeshares. If we were treated that bad before we bought, what makes us feel we would be treated any different after we bought.

Visited March 2011
13 Thank jsjens
Sussex, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“better the 2nd time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

We are Bluegreen Owners and stayed a couple years ago in the 3 bedroom villa. Totally yucky and reeked of smoke. I was a little nervous going back but wanted to use up some of my points before they expired. So we decided to book a 1 bedroom for this past weekend, just got back today, but wasn't expecting much. Actually had a back up plan if it was like the last time. Was pleasantly surprised on how nice the resort was. The room was very dated but clean. The indoor pool was a lot of fun, our kids 9 and 7, really had a great time. We played mini golf, swam and ate at Mulligan's. Mulligans had great food.
I'm really glad we gave Xmas mountain another shot. We are already planning our next trip back!

2 Thank innairis
mokena
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Never having heard of the place I was a little leary especially since Im one of those "it better look like the photo" kind of people and... I loved it!!! All the comforts of home and than some.
It was private, clean, spacious, had everything we needed from dishes to stackable washer dryer. The views from our 1 bedroom townhome were breathtaking, the property itself super clean, super functioning, super maintained. Loved it sooo much we inquired about timeshare and for me that says ALOT. Its definetly a family friendly enviroment but very romantic as well.

Northwest Indiana
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great mini vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

First of I all I would like to say that we are Bluegreen owners. This is the first time we stayed at Christmas Mountain. What a great suprise. I was a little leery, reading other reviews. Our villa was somewhat outdated, but that diidn't bother us very much. We did have a small drip in the ceiling, which mait. looked at, shortly after we made the call (although nothing he could do since it was raining, but the drips didn't last long) We stayed in the "Villas". We had a 2 bedroom 2 bath. 1st bedroom downstairs had 2 twin beds, full bathroom (except for a tub), full kitchen and dining room. In the livingroom, there were 2 couches, 1 pull out, a fireplace and a screened in porch w/ an electric grill. Upstairs was a laundry room and the master bedroom, w/ a full size bed, fireplace and a jaccuzi tub, along with a bathroom. The room had sky light windows over the bed and bath tub, which I thought was the only downfall of the villa, because it got very hot up there, even in April weather. But one good thing about them is that the shades were "blackout" shades, so we didn't wake up very early due to the sun.
The daily activites were geared more towards kids and since we didn't have ours, we weren't able to take advantage of it.
The outdoor hottub was huge and great. The indoor pool was definitely geared for kids, although they had adult swin in the morning and "quiet" time at night.
We didn't use the golf course so I can't comment on that. There was a lake but activities were not open and from the sign, there is no swimming in that lake, also another downfall.