“Great place for kids and adults”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of MagiQuest

MagiQuest
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for kids and adults”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The experience is something to do at least once. Can easily spend hours here and it can be a workout but is hadicap friendly. The staff was somewhat rude but they are only dealt with at the start.

Visited January 2013

Chicago
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“My kid's absolute favorite Dells activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We've been here many, many times and this is still our daughter's favorite thing to do in the Dells. Since she already has a wand, subsequent visits have been an extremely good value. (Even our first visit was a good value with the Paw Pass deal.) For a small fee you get unlimited play for the entire day, even if you're not a Great Wolf guest. You can play for a few hours, leave and come back and play more. They have added subtitles to all the boss characters, so now even more people will be able to enjoy it. The kids get lots of exercise too - slides, stairs and climbing nets, running around hunting for the quests. She loves the fantasy aspect of being a Magi and frequently plays with her wand at home as well. A+++ from us! We're planning a trip to Myrtle Beach so we can see one of the bigger MagiQuest locations. :)

Visited December 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

For the wands and everything else- It cost over a hundred dollars! We were loured in by the flashy advertising that seemed to correlate with Harry Potter. So naturally being fans of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson we were so excited. Once we go there we were slightly overwhelmed by a massive crowd. Once we started we became intensely frustrated! Why? Because advertising made Magiquest seem amazing, when it turned out to be a waving a remote control wand at a series of small T.V.'s. We stopped playing because half of the T.V.'s weren't even working... Don't go. You'll be dissapointed

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Nate R
Suring, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice break from the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Both my four year old and seven year old loved it. Parents do not really need to buy a wand unless they are going to go off on their own. Staying at the Great Wolf lodge allowed us to play the whole time we stayed. They also loved the extra quests that hotel guests received that were throughout the hotel as well. We played for three hours the first day, two hours the next and one hour on our last day there. My four year old did tire of it after the first 1 1/2 hours so my husband took him back to our room while the 7 yr old and I stayed. I would definitely would take them again.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Crystalske
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent fun for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at Great Wolf Lodge and bought the paw pass which included the wand and activation. We started out with one wand for my son and by the end of our 3-day stay, we had purchased two more wands. I and my parents both got in on the fun. When you stay at Great Wolf Lodge, you have access to the game during your entire stay which is really a great deal if you enjoy the game. I had no idea how much the whole family would enjoy MagiQuest but suffice it to say, we did little else while we were in the dells because we were having so much fun! It's great exercise with lots of running, walking and climbing but it's also fully wheelchair accesible thanks to the optional elevator. My mom has a bad knee and enjoyed being able to keep up with the younger ones via the elevator. For the more adventurous types, you can travel between levels via ropes, slides and more, and for the less adventure-inclined, there are also stairs.

The gameplay is pretty basic and involves finding parts of the quest that become increasingly difficult. You are given clues along the way but a few times we were completely stumped and had to look to other magis for help! My son loved using his wand to interact with everything. There are chests that open up to reveal treasure, gems that light up, talking creatures, animated pictures, etc. You complete quests to earn runes and once you have the appropriate runes, you can challenge the "bosses" which include a dragon and a goblin king. These battles are pretty fun and I won't lie, I was pretty nervous the first time we fought the dragon because all the other little magi told us it was very difficult! My 7-year-old was not able to do it beat the dragon without my help but he did beat the goblin king on the second try. He was so proud of himself!

It can be expensive if you aren't staying at the lodge as you have to pay by the hour, but the lodge itself is a bit pricey so it may be a wash if you stay somewhere less expensive. It's also very easy to spend a lot of money in the gift shop as there are many optional accessories like capes and wings and belts to hold your wand. There are even physical representations of the runes you are awarded during your quests if you want to take home a neat little souvenir. In the three days we were there, we managed to get through all of the quests in the main area, but we ran out of time before we could do the lodge guest exclusive quests. Something to look forward to for our next visit! In years prior, we had never visited MagiQuest but instead went to WizardQuest. My son enjoyed the atmosphere at WizardQuest but after the first time playing MagiQuest, he said WizardQuest was boring and didn't want to go back!

Visited September 2012