“Awful”

Kalahari Waterparks
More attraction details
Owner description: Rain or shine visitors can enjoy the wet and wild rides at the largest indoor water park in the United States..
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We visited for a cheer competition it was so disappointing! the waterparks have way too much chlorine which just burns! Not to mention how crowded it was!

2  Thank Melanie P
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Sorry to hear about your experience with our waterparks. We recommend everyone showering before and immediately after so to lessen the sensitivity to the chlorine. We do regulate and monitor this very carefully throughout the day. I'm sorry to hear that this negatively impacted your visit. Thank you for reaching out to us. Take care.

There are newer reviews for Kalahari Waterparks

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at the resort and waterpark. It was huge and very clean! Spent most of our time at the indoor water park due to cooler temps but the outside water park has a large pool, lazy river, and slides. Loved the wave pool at the indoor park. There was rides suitable for all ages and swimming abilities. The staff was friendly and the lines weren't very long, unless you were waiting on the Master Blaster! The rooms were very nice as well. I would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank ZouGal37
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I am thrilled you had such a wonderful time at the Waterpark at Kalahari Resort. We do have rides and attractions to fit swimmers of all ages and abilities. I hope you were able to try most of them, including the Master Blaster. Thank you for recommending us to others and we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We debated on which waterparks to go to during our stay in the dells.we picked kalahari over noahs ark because although my kids, ages 8 and 13, love water slides, the intense ones with big drops are too much for them and after doing our research we thought they would enjoy the rides more at kalahari. I think we chose wisely because our kids had a blast as did we. We felt that the indoor water park had a lot more to offer than the outdoor. We were there on a Friday in July and the crowds were not bad at all especially in the indoor water park. We never had any trouble finding a table or chair to put our stuff and never stood in line for longer than 10 minutes for any of the slides. We have already discussed coming back this way in the colder months and staying at the hotel.

My only complaint would be that the waves at the indoor wave pool could be a little stronger. My kids typically love wave pools and were all excited when the waves started but they were so weak they immediately said "this stinks" and left that area. Although there was plenty other cool stuff for them to do instead.

2  Thank smurfin98
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Kalahari has slides and attractions for kids and adults of all ages. I hope your kids gave the Master Blaster a try. That uphill water coaster is the first indoor one of its kind in America. It's so nice that you didn't have to wait in many lines for the Waterslides and other attractions. We do hope to see you back in the winter months when the Indoor Waterpark will seem like even more of a Getaway.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

rooms are desert themed. beds are not that comfortable. pillows are paper thin. if you stay here bring your own pillow cause if you dont you will be going home with bad neck pains. the beds gave you some back pains. water parks indoor and out were really fun and clean. the indoor water park had a place where you can surf which reminded me of living in hawaii. hotel is huge. blankets on beds were way to thick even in the summer with the air on high you still got hot and sweaty. the sofa bed in the room was not very comfortable for the kids cause you can feel the bars through the matress.

if i were you i would stay at mt olympus way cheaper and more comfortable.

1  Thank lacy a
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for coming to visit us! I'm sorry to hear that the beds were not comfortable for you and your family. If on property again, please don't hesitate to let us know either about the bed itself, pillows or comforters. We do have many options and happy to help the best we can to deliver beyond expectations. Glad to hear everyone had fun in the waterpark! Hopefully everyone enjoyed the new attractions we recently added. Thank you again for taking a moment to review us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the resort and had free passes for our entire 4 day stay. The weather was on the cool side (odd for July) so we didn't spend as much time outside, but still tons of fun! The two 13 y/o we had with us also loved all the slides and Flowrider. My husband and I loved the new swim up bar!

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am so happy you all had such a fun time inside and outside of our Resort. I'm glad you enjoyed the Waterparks and that your 13 year old had the courage to ride the Flowrider. The swim-up bar is a great way for you to escape the Waterpark without ever leaving. Thanks for the review!