“Fun Inside and Out!”

Kalahari Waterparks
More attraction details
Owner description: Rain or shine visitors can enjoy the wet and wild rides at the largest indoor water park in the United States..
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the resort and had free passes for our entire 4 day stay. The weather was on the cool side (odd for July) so we didn't spend as much time outside, but still tons of fun! The two 13 y/o we had with us also loved all the slides and Flowrider. My husband and I loved the new swim up bar!

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I am so happy you all had such a fun time inside and outside of our Resort. I'm glad you enjoyed the Waterparks and that your 13 year old had the courage to ride the Flowrider. The swim-up bar is a great way for you to escape the Waterpark without ever leaving. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay with our 11 and 14 year old sons and their cousins. The indoor theme park was a huge hit - tons of stuff to do with the pay once wrist band. The ropes course is a great mental challenge for the adults as well. When we checked into the hotel, the front desk did not include everything in our package - she actually got mad at us before she realized I was correct in what should be included. I recommend that if you have a package deal you take a print out with you and verify everything is included when you check in. The staff seemed a bit grumpy this time - the front desk, the icee cart, etc. so not sure if tough week or new people. We also needed the cleaning crew to come back on 2 of the 4 days to reclean - they happily did this so I guess just keep asking if things are not correct. My sister asked them to come back in a few minutes as they were packing up to go to the pool for the day and the maid servcie never came back so I would not recommend delaying them - just let them start while you finish.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Kalahari Resort. I'm delighted you all had such a great time at the Indoor Theme Park. The ropes course is even a challenge for me. I apologize if the room wasn't up to our usual standards. That is not acceptable on our part and now how we usually present ourselves. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please call our Resort and we'd be happy to talk with you about the situation. Take care and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you have teenagers don't go. Made for young families with kids. Our teens 21, 19, 16 were bored and we left after 2 hours.
Mt Olympus is the best for teens

Sorry to hear that your family didn't have fun within the waterparks. We have several rides that were featured on the Travel Channels Extreme Waterparks like the Screaming Hyena, in which you are released from a trap door straight down, the FlowRider, and our Tanzanian Twister. Hopefully you were able to try those and had fun with them. We also just recently added the swimup bar for the adults. Thank you for passing along your thoughts. Hopefully in the future we will see you again. Take care.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a great place went their with the family. It did rain why we their but was able to go to indoor water park and to the indoor them park. overall great fun.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am sorry to hear it rained during your visit with us. But on the flip side, I am so please you and your family enjoyed your time in the Indoor Waterpark and Indoor Theme park with us. Have a good summer and we hope to see you on your next vacation to the Dells.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a few days and go to the Dells. We are in De Pere, so it's less than 3 hours away. We usually go to Wilderness, but I wanted to try the Kalahari since I'd never been there.
We booked a Queen room in the Sands Building (we were informed the rest of the rooms were booked in the main building), which is connected to the rest of the resort by a sky walk. When we checked in, we found out we had been upgraded to a Royal Queen Suite. No complaints from us! We had a king bed in the master bedroom, along with a whirpool tub and shower in the master bath. The master also had a TV and access to the patio. There were two queens in the other bedroom, also with its own TV. The living area had nice leather furniture, a TV, fireplace, and access to the patio. We lucked out because our room was located right near the elevator and stairs that led right to the outdoor water park. The indoor theme park and Damon's (restaurant) were also a short walk away.
Our first day there we went out to the outdoor water park. My husband went straight to the green water slide. We had been warned about it by friends before we got there, so of course he had to try it out. According to my husband, who is a thrill seeker (and our friends) the water slide is a doozy. We also did the lazy river twice around. It was OK, but the 2 story one at the Wilderness is our favorite. No matter what lazy river we are in, it seems that some people, usually kids, don't get the concept. It is a LAZY River, not a Race Around as Fast as We Can and bumping into Everyone Along the Way River.
After the outdoor Zambezi Water Park, we checked out the Indoor Water Park. We did the Lazy River and the Wave Pool. The indoor lazy river was a bit nicer than the outdoor one because it had different paths you could take. We rode the water rollercoaster, "Master Blaster" and the family tube ride "Victoria Falls", both were fun. We sat in the outdoor hot tub for a little bit and then went to see what the Mud Hut Swim Up Bar was all about. A "Bouncer" stopped us and said we would need our IDs. Fair enough, but we hadn't brought those down to the water park. I wanted to try out the experience of the bar, but not enough to bring down my ID and possibly lose it. We didn't try out the surfing ride "Flowrider", but it looked like fun. Other than some other tubes that my husband tried out later during our trip, there wasn't a ton more to do at that water park.
Next we had dinner at the Ivory Coast right in the lobby area of the Kalahari. Really good food, I would highly recommend it! After dinner, we checked out the Indoor Theme Park. First we did the Ropes Course. I am not a thrill seeking person, but I saw kids on it doing fine, so I thought it would be easy for me. Yikes! If you fear heights...this may not be for you. I learned I don't care for heights and I am not a very balanced person! A couple of kids passed me during the course and one even gave me a pep talk, haha. I made it through and felt kinda proud of myself afterward.
Next we did the Climbing Wall. Again, my fear of heights didn't allow me to get too high up, but it was fun. We also did the Mini Golf and Lazer Tag, both of which were decent. We went thought the Vortex Tunnel, which is just one of those tunnels that you walk through and you feel like you are tilting. Takes about 5 seconds or less to walk through. In the brochure, it states that the Vortex Tunnel costs $3...ridiculous. But, no staff are outside of it taking tickets or scanning wristbands. We took a short ride on the Ferris Wheel and my husband took a ride on the Revolution 360. No way in heck I was doing that! But, he liked it.
The next day, we spent some more time at the outdoor water park.. My husband went a the slides a bunch of times and I got some sun. We had lunch at Damon's, which was a little disappointing for us. Seemed like high priced food and you didn't get a ton of food. It tasted good, but I was hungry again not too long after. We did the go-carts in the indoor park and then headed off to see a Tommy Bartlett show. You get free tickets to the show just for staying at Kalahari, so that was cool.
We did the XD Dark Ride when we got back, which is clearly more for kids, but wasn't too bad.
We had a late dinner at Kahunaville, which is by the Convention Center and much closer to the Sands Building. Good food! We had great service too. The bartenders put on a little show at 10 pm and then the restaurant turns into a dance club. No one was dancing while we were there, but it was a Monday night, so thats to be expected. It was a fun atmosphere!
On our final day, we checked out and got to see the tiger cubs and the baby kangaroo in the lobby. So cute!
Then we went to Timbavati Wildlife Park, which we also got free admission to for staying at Kalahari. Its a pretty new place and is still being built. They advertised penguins being there and there were none, so that was a bit disappointing for me, but otherwise it was fun!

So overall, a great experience at Kalahari! We thought since non-Kalahari guests could use the parks too that it would be crowded, but it really wasn't. Wilderness was much more crowded in our experiences and they only allow Wilderness guests to use the parks. The staff at the parks were great to us. Even the staff that helped us get strapped up to do the ropes course and climbing wall made it less awkward. One of the people running the Master Blaster allowed a kid that was clearly under the weight limit go on the ride by herself, but wouldn't let me go with my glasses on, which I had done before. That was a little odd, but that's my only minor complaint!

Highly recommend Kalahari!

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for giving us a try out of your usual routine. I am so glad you were able to get an upgrade to enjoy your vacation further. What a great time, being able to enjoy all of the waterparks and being so close to everything. I apologize your husband didn't find the outdoor slides too thrilling, but at the Indoor Waterpark, the Screaming Hyena and Sahara Sidewinders are the two best rides if you're looking for a thrill. It sounds like all-in-all you had such a fun time. Next time you should try the Revolution 360 at the Indoor Theme Park. I bet your husband would agree it's not that bad! Again, I'm glad you had a great experience and we hope to see you again soon. Thanks for the awesome review!