“Not worth the money of the room”

Kalahari Waterparks
More attraction details
Owner description: Rain or shine visitors can enjoy the wet and wild rides at the largest indoor water park in the United States..
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The money for the room is not worth the water park you get in my opinion. The water park was a lot of fun, just not a ton to do compared to the wilderness. The water coaster is fun and so are the other rides. The kids place was neat. The life guards however need talking to! They needed to be in there getting tubes out of the lazy river that was packed with them you could barley keep going!! Kids running over and knocking other kids down, splashing young ones! They just need to be a little more alert. Overall a fun place just not worth all the money you spend on a room

4  Thank Karrah H
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for coming to visit us and letting us know your thoughts. We very much appreciate you taking a moment to review our resort after your visit. I will be sure to pass along your thoughts to our waterpark director. He can look into the lazy river concern. Hopefully you enjoyed the new drop slides, and indoor/outdoor whirlpools, along with the swim up bar we just added. Hopefully throughout the year, we have lots of specials you will be able to give us another go and have a perfect stay. We would love that opportunity. Thank you again for your time and I remain in hopes of seeing you in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We spent so much time playing at the water park. I didn't really get wet but my children just didn't seem to get enough of it.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thanks for sharing! I am glad your children enjoyed the waterpark. I hope they went down a few slides! Next time we want to see you getting in the water. You won't regret it!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

sustained injury from their property-no accountability on their behalf-poor customer service-no follow up

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

I am happy to look into this for you. Feel free to email me at KRizzo@KalahariResorts.com and I can look into that for you. Thank you for reaching out to us! Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My friends and I (all in our 20's) stayed at the hotel for 2 nights during a long weekend. It was very affordable since 4 people stayed in one room. The hotel is very nice and nicely decorated. The entire motif is African, with plenty of animal statues, pictures, etc. There are multiple restaurants and places to eat in the hotel, but the food is expensive. While the hotel is very large, it was nice that we didn't have to go outside to get to the waterpark or indoor theme park.

The outdoor waterpark was closed, but the indoor waterpark was included with our hotel stay. It is large for an indoor park, but it's not THAT big. As adults, there were quite a few amenities for us to enjoy, but after a few hours we got bored. There are about 9 slides, a lazy river, hot tubs, a wave pool, and a swim-up bar. The swim-up bar is only for those over 21, so bring your ID. The slides were fun, especially the Sahara Sidewinder. This waterpark is probably more suited to families with children but as adults, we still had fun.

The hotel also has an indoor theme park (or that's what they call it). It's really more of an arcade. Some of the activities, such as bowling, are fun but they charge a lot.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Kalahari Waterparks, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Kalahari Resort. I am sorry to hear the outdoor waterpark was closed while you were there. It is open during the summer season depending on weather conditions. The Sahara Sidewinders are my favorite slides so I'm glad you all enjoyed them too! Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent 385.00 for 1 night. they screwed up my reservation and the customer to them is always WRONG. I spoke with a manager and he did not care. I took our room there cause I was told it came with these passes to the water park and theme park. After checking in I was informed no they didnt put it in my reservation about what I purchased. They wouldnt listen to the call. I got a call at about 11pm telling me they gave me a discount off my bill. I was a little happy. Upon check out i found out I was given a 15.00 credit. Not satisfied. They really let me down. I would never stay or play here. I wont support a business that only cares about profits. They are bad people. and they know it.

10  Thank jim w