“Great Place”

Kalahari Waterparks
More attraction details
Owner description: Rain or shine visitors can enjoy the wet and wild rides at the largest indoor water park in the United States..
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I found Kalahari to be a great place. My family and I stayed at Great Wolf Lodge last year and found Kalahari to be a better place, with better food and a better waterpark. My two year old had a blast. I strongly recommend Kalahari.

2  Thank slara8

Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel is a joke. We arrived early in the day to utilize the waterpark before our room was ready. The lockers cost $5 a piece and parking was nearly non-existant. The locker rooms and bathrooms were disgusting....dirty toilets and very slipper floors. The waterpark was very crowded. We stood in line for almost 10 minutes waiting for a drink. Then we went to the snack bar where we waited 20 minutes for chicken tenders.

The lines and lack of tubes were also ridiculous. We wanted to go in the lazy river and had to stand in the wave pool and wait for tubes and then sprint over in time to get them. We also had to stand in line for a half hour for one of the rides. It stopped running mid way through our wait, but no one had any idea what was going on or how long it would be.

The room was spacious enough to accomodate our group of 10. After dinner we returned to the room to play board games. All of us were gathered in the kitchen around the table playing games when we got a knock at the door. It was 10pm and we got a noise complaint. We weren't yelling or jumping around or being unruly, but knew we would not be able to spend much time in the room. We went out for the night instead and got back around 2:45. Upon arrival, we were met by security telling us they had another noise complaint at 2! We weren't even in the room! Them they came back again when everyone was sleeping and told us we had to leave even though we paid $600 to stay there!

They also told us we would have to pay for the people's room below us, even though we never signed any waivers or forms when checking in. The whole exeperience was terrible. Definitely not a place I will ever go back to.

15  Thank kweliuzuri
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We have been to the Wilderness and Kalahari in the last couple of months - here is a comparison of our experiences.

Rooms - Small for the $. Lighting could be better. Every time we went in the bathroom and turned on the light, the lights flickered for 20 seconds before finally coming on. Felt like a strobe light every time you were in there. Room was clean and centrally located. Wildnerness offers a wider variety of accomodations for less money.

Theme\Shops - Cute village-like atmosphere, they did a great job with theming

Water park - At par with wilderness, but liked the Wilderness wave pool much more - much larger. Crowds were not too bad except for the weekend when things got out of control. Far too few tubes for lazy river and rides - especially on the weekends when we waited over 1/2 hour for a tube. Lifeguards would not allow swimming in lazy river without them. On weekend lines for rides were long. My husband loved the Flowrider. Liked the fact that the waterpark was all in one place, in contrast to Wildnerness.

Food - Better than Wilderness. Quick service seemed better than sit-down.

Service - inconsistent - we had some great service and some really poor service. My son wanted a picture with the elephant mascot, the escort allowed her to take a picture with a teenager, but when I asked her if my young son could take a photo with her, she said she was in a hurry. Restaurant staff was also inconsistent.

Definitely would recommend the sweet shoppes, pottery pizzazz, and indoor theme park - what fun!

3  Thank moma2z
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We have been to the Kalahari now twice and have had wonderful experiences. We love how clean it is... that is huge..both indoor and outdoor water parks are clean as well as the rooms. I love the upgrades you get if it is not busy, a wonderful surprise. The lobby is gorgeous and the staff has been friendly. I would like the indoor "theme" park staff to be friendlier, they tend to be more rude. We have been to the Atlantis, Mt. Olympus and the Wilderness and the Kalahari is our favorite by a long shot. We will be going back in July and are looking forward to it!

3  Thank Thunderdogillinois
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We had a great time at this resort. Great place to take kids of all ages. Also fun for adults. My husband kept leaving us to go on the bigger rides. The hotel staff were really helpful and got us everything we asked for. We didn't have to leave the resort at all with the restaurants that they have on site. We also hit the coffee bar. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a weekend of fun.

3  Thank michelleb100