“A Diamond in the Woods”
Review of Fawn Creek Winery

Fawn Creek Winery
Reviewed May 5, 2013

What a fabulous Winery off the beaten path and set in the woods. My husband I were pleasantly surprised from the moment we stepped through the door. The owner greeted us immediately and made us feel SO welcomed. We were offered a free wine tasting out on their beautiful outdoor deck overlooking their vineyard. What a peaceful and lovely place to enjoy some simply delicious wine. They have 12 wines and all of them are made there and are part of the free tasting. My husband's favorites were the California style (dryer) Riesling & the Black Bear-y and my favorites were the Pinot Grigio & the Just Peachy. I am not usually a big fan of red wines but their Merlot was really good too.
Everyone we encountered was knowledgeable, genuine and friendly. We've been to other wineries that feel stuffy and pretentious but Fawn Creek was SOOO opposite.
We left with 3 bottles of wine and two of their "B**ch Bags". (Dry mixes to add to wine and freeze to make wine slushies) We weren't planning on spending so much money but just couldn't help ourselves since the wine and experience were so excellent.
They also have a small appetizer & cheese menu and you can purchase wine by the glass or bottle to enjoy on their several decks. There are also a few beers available to purchase as well as a gift shop to peruse.
I could not recommend this place more and even though we live 2 hours away, I cannot wait to go back for another visit.

1  Thank Fencelover
There are newer reviews for Fawn Creek Winery

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I have visited numerous wineries in Wisconsin and we have to say that Fawn Creek Winery is our new favorite! The wine was delicious, scenery was beautiful, staff was friendly, and the country drive to the winery was very relaxing!

The wine tasting was plentiful and what a variety! Just when we had tasted all the wines, then they brought little spoons and plastic cups of all of their wine slushies! What a treat!
I am normally not a fan of fruit flavored sweet wines but I loved the ones at this winery!
The Just Peachy wine was so good, I bought 3 bottles of it and I don't even like peaches!

We definitely will be back, and we will be bringing others!
Thank you Fawn Creek Winery for such an enjoyable visit!

1  Thank brenda z
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Free wine samplings. Great wine and prices. I think the hours need to be later closes at 5:00. Hopefully, in the summer it will stay open longer.

1  Thank saraelwod
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We headed to the Wisconsin Dells for a vacation. We ended up at the Fawn Creek Winery for something to do that day. Glad we went! We tasted all the wines we wanted (for free) and even bought 2 bottles. They have really good wine cheese ball mixes too! Friendly and informative staff. We would recommend anybody stopping there!

Diane Ashmore - Le Mars, IA

1  Thank DianeA667
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We arrived late one weekday afternoon in March. My group failed to check the Winery's hours of operation. The owner told us that the winery is closed during the week in the winter months but happily envited us in for a tour and tasting. We had a fantastic afternoon at Fawn Creek. I enjoyed the dryness of his selection of wines. He also has many sweet wines as well. Enjoy!