“Terrible Place To Stay - Not Worth the $$$$”

Caribbean Club Resort
Ranked #47 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Lindenhurst, IL
“Terrible Place To Stay - Not Worth the $$$$”
Reviewed July 29, 2007

This "resort" was not at all as their website described. The condo's were old, no central air, dirty floors, mold in shower. They claim a lakeside room, but the room was really overlooking a huge deck, but you could see the lake past all the people fishing, eating, drinking, etc. The pool has a very loud waterfall, which makes it hard to open your windows to relax. There is also a light that flashes on and off all night right into your windows. You have to take out your own garbage. The linens were very used and not clean feeling. Other people were complaining in the office about how dirty it was and what a waste of money it was. For $350 a night, it was a complete waste of money. We are filing a complain with American Express to refute the charges.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Dirtiness
1 Thank charliemama

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2007

We had never been to the Wisconsin Dells, so I looked online and found what looked to be a great resort for my family, the Caribbean Club Resort. Upon arriving, we were given the key to our condo, and unbeknowst to us, had to DRIVE to the condo. Apparently the resort is so spread out that the condos furthest away have no direct access or path to the pool area - you have to drive or walk on the road. That was not good as I had a 3 yr old plus my elderly mother. So, we drive there and find the key card doesn't work. I drive back, get another key card, and this one doesn't work, either. I drive back again and they say they'll give me a regular key as obviously the cards are not working properly.
They hunt high and low for that key, and finally find it after 15 minutes of looking everywhere. Then, it's covered in chocolate - REALLY- so it takes them another 5 minutes to take it and wash it. I drive back and we finally get in. But, the condo is so far away from the pool area and has a metal circluar stairs that I was afraid my 3 year old would fall down, so they did let us switch to a different condo closer to the pool, which was nice of them. Then, that first night, the bed broke with me and my 3 yr old in it. The front of it fell down. There was no way I could sleep with the blood rushing to my head, so that first night wasn't so good. They came and fixed the bed the next day. We also had no hot water, only lukewarm for the first 3 days, and the dryer never worked, so we had to use the dryer in the unit downstairs. There are window air conditioners, they don't have central air, and this particular unit had two, one in the living room and another in one of the bedrooms. So, one of the bedrooms had no air, which got hot at night, and it's hard to regulate the window ones - it got either very cold or warm. I've never had a vacation where all this went wrong like it did, and this is all true. The good things were they did give me a discount, and the condos themselves are nicely furnished. It was very windy so the pool as hard to keep clean, but the pool area was nice. I don't think I will ever stay there again if I go back to the Dells, though. Talk about a comedy of errors!

• Liked — The condos were nicely furnished and up to date.
  • Disliked — The resort is too spread out, and things aren't maintained as they should be. No central air - only window air conditioners.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Arlington Heights, IL
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I just stayed at the Caribbean Club for four days. It was nice with a good location. However, they advertised the pool hours to go to 10:00pm but closed them at 9:00pm. My teens were not happy about that. Additionally, we were given a unit in the "600" building, far away from the pools. To make matters worse, there was a huge construction project going on next door. It was horrible, the workers were making noise from the time the sun came up till the sun went down. Personally, for what I paid for the place, I think I would have preferred somewhere else.

Sugar Grove, Il
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We were given condo 613. It was stunning. It had just been redone. It had stainless steel appliances and everything was new. The view of the lake was amazing. The resort pools were really nice. The kids played on the beach right behind the condo. I will go back!

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank LakeLovr
Anamosa, Iowa
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We wanted to spend some of our time in the Dells on the lake having a ' lake experience' as opposed to our usual stay at major waterparks. Based on an earlier review of this site, I found the contact info for #603 by searching Google, and made a reservation direct with the condo owner. The unit was close to the water, on the ' quiet side' of this resort. Parking and beach / pool access was easy and our stay was terrific. The condo office staff was helpful and treated us as well as if we had rented through the condo office themselves. We eyed a few of the other units and would stay at this property again in a heartbeat - when we arent interested in diving into the hubbub of the large waterpark properties. A great way to start a Dells vacation - relaxing, quiet and a good value.

• Liked — Whirlpool tub, beach and dock, indoor and outdoor pools
1 Thank Farmerinthedell3
Chicago,Il
Reviewed July 1, 2007

The pool was very nice and the resort seemed more family oriented with nice beaches and decks overlooking the water. The property has been updated alot since two years ago when we stayed. Very nice, new landscaping and beach sand, the unit was refurbished and like new - stayed in a premium deluxe lakefront unit. I guess some have dishwashers and some don't, you would have to ask. Overall, it was quiet at night and very relaxing with the sunset views at night from the deck.

Stayed June 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed June 25, 2007

We were upgraded to a "Premimum" room. The 2 Bdrm condo has one small bathroom, no drawer space in 2nd bedroom, no dishwasher. Electrical plugs in kitchen had no face plates. Lost power both days at the condo. 1st day I was able to restore power from electrical panel. 2nd day I was not able to restore power and the electrical panel was arcing. Advised the office of difficulties, he promised to address the issues, we went to dinner (with 2 small grandchildren), came back about 9:30pm, there was A note on my door that the Office could not fix the problem. My magnetic keys (both) did not work to open the door. The office was closed professing to return the next morning. Fortunately I had my computer with me and so called the general manager. Got a message about how the office was closed at 9:00pm. We went to another resort for the evening at my expense. The next morning the Office Manager said I should have called their night security that came on at 10:15pm. The telephone number was in the room, she advised! The Carribbean made no attempt to re-imburse me for my added expenses. Being a diabetic & heart risk patient I was at considerable risk without access to my medication. I wonder what a regular room is like if this is the premimum!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — services, no emergency plan or procedure in place, poor property maintenence
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family