“Broken, dirty, loud- needs quality control”

Caribbean Club Resort
Ranked #48 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Madison, Wisconsin
“Broken, dirty, loud- needs quality control”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit in the winter (so no review for pool or beach)

PROS:
--It is less expensive than other properties in the Dells
--The layout of the 2 bed/bath was spacious for 3 people (but would have been very tight for 6-- I don't know where you would put the rollaway bed in the 2nd bedroom, or even if there would be enough room to pull it out of the closet)
--It has a kitchen (but did not have everything necessary to cook-- like a baking sheet or pan to go in the oven)

CONS:
--More attention needs to be paid to the cleaning-- inside there were dozens of dead house flies on the window sills, there were stains on the bedspreads, etc. Outside on the porch there was an ashtray filled with cigarette butts and dirty glassware-- I called the main office when we first checked in and told them this and they responded: "We don't care about that- we only care if someone leaves cigarette butts inside."
--The closet doors were broken off their tracks and barely opened
--The walls are SO thin we could hear everything people did in adjacent units (walking, talking, snoring, toilet flushing, etc)
--Even with the heat turned up it was VERY cold-- you could feel a breeze coming through the closed doors and the heat came only from a few small radiators
--The jets in the "jacuzzi hot tub" in the master bedroom didn't work- they made noise but no water came out
--In general things were broken and shoddy-- the detergent dispenser drawer on the dishwasher was broken, the screen on the front door was broken, the blinds on some of the windows were broken, the tub was broken, some of the lamps didn't work, the kitchen cabinets were really cheaply made, the medicine cabinets in the bathroom had duct tape around the edges, etc.

This could be a really great property, but it needs a serious update, better management, and WAY better housekeeping.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CaribbeanClub, General Manager at Caribbean Club Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do apologize for the inconveniences that occurred while you were a guest of ours. We strive to make sure all of our guests are happy with their stay at the resort. I urge you to contact me directly so we can discuss this stay. Once again I am sorry you weren't happy with your stay and we look forward to doing business with you again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed January 6, 2014

You asked for a review.. you shall receive!
this place was not great, would i recommend it? NO
we stayed in unit 103, we got there the back door was unlocked (with glasses frozen to the tables outside, managed to get all but one removed). We walked in and it smelt like nothing but bleach.. which ok. We stayed the day after New years, there were new years decorations still all over the unit (above doors).. which i took down. There were stains all over the walls, where you can tell someone who stayed there before did not know how to pop open a bottle becuase it was all over the wall.. which i cleaned... I had to pay a deposit but still ended up cleaning after the people before us... It says you need to wash your dishes.. which i agree 100%, well the people before us just put their diry dishes in the cabinets, so i had to scrub dishes just to make dinner. Part of the shower is broken in half, the nozel where you turn the water on is only half there. The tub, the jets only come out about a inch or 2, so a glorified bathtub.. not a jacuzzi... the mattress is so bad we felt nothing but springs, we slept on extra blankets.... would never recommend anyone i know to stay here. NEVER AGAIN! We vacation in the dells at least once or twice a year, try a new spot every year.. we WILL NOT stay here again! The man at the desk was very friendly, i do have to say your customers service was great, but the stay was horrible.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The room was nice looking, due to it being off season there wasnt a lot of guest i was under the impression that you give your guest a good view like of the lake .I guess you get what you pay for.My only complaint is that once we turned on the heat there were lady bugs at the front and back door the security door was very dirty or shall i say greasy like some little kid smeared there hand all over it. I had to post a hundred dollar deposit because i didnt use a credit card which i havent been refunded yet. besides that what else can i say?

Room Tip: cant really rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed in room 403. The outside looked a bit run down. The inside looked nice until you started noticing things. There were cobwebs on the top of the bedside lamps. There was trash and twinkie wrappers left under the bed. There was a small poop smeared mark on the bathroom wall just above the trim board on the floor. Also we tried to use the Jacuzzi tub and the moment you turned the jets on, all kinds of stuff came out of the jets including some sort of slime. We had to jump out immediately. Sadly we couldn't just rinse it out and start over because even in their room info, they state there is only enough hot water to fill it once. We would have had to wait quite a few hours to try again. That was very disappointing. They say they have free Wi-Fi as well, but when my husband tried to bring it up, it wouldn't work. My husband talked to the office personally twice about it, and they couldn't figure it out. Also don't try to turn the fan on in the bathroom when you shower, it will start squealing. I am actually quite disappointed because the rooms have great potential, look real nice when you walk in. The staff was very polite and the lake behind the resort is beautiful. However, with all the little problems and knowing the housekeepers are not doing their job, we will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CaribbeanClub, General Manager at Caribbean Club Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I would like to apologize for the stay you had with us. As a resort and management company we strive to make sure everyone of our guests enjoy not only the condos we have to offer but the entire stay at the resort. In response to the housekeeping issue I want to promise you that this situation has been rectified. We have recently switched cleaning companies and have seen a marked improvement in the quality of work being done at the resort.

I would hope you can give us another chance at the Caribbean Club Resort. Please contact me directly at the resort and I will make sure you have a much nicer stay than your previous stay with us. I hope we get a chance to earn your business back.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My fiancé and I came to Caribbean Club for a night away to celebrate our anniversary. We got a one bedroom room with the jacuzzi. The outside was not very pleasing, but inside was great- very well put together and home-y. The bed itself was a little uncomfortable as I like softer mattresses. Otherwise, it was a great night away and we will be returning in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FRANKSVILLE
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a place we went to 4 years ago..it was great then and even better now..had a condo place with a beautiful outside pool with lighted palm trees at night..inside pool and another side where it was a beach with nice sand where we could watch water sports that people were doing..was a great place to relax...and enjoy the Dells.

Room Tip: Get one that is near pool and on bottom floor..ask for a map of place so you can choose your place.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed in room 103! I will say that it does have a nice view of the lake and it has been remodeled so it does look nice. But HOLY COW I think I would've had a more comfortable bed staying at a cheap motel! Both my boyfriend and I had 2 nights of horrible sleep. Our backs were killing us! On top of that when we first got there I laid down on the bed and the comforter was still damp!!! It was like they were in a hurry to get the room cleaned or what not and just put a damp comforter on the bed which made the rest of the bed smell. When you leave you have to have all of your dishes washed and every piece of garbage out of there and brought to the dumpster outside or else you will get charged extra! I'm no prude and I'm certainly not one to leave a hotel room a disaster, but really? What is housekeeping for? I've never had to do that at any resort....ever! Granted we didn't even really have a mess, but taking out all the garbage to the dumpster that was overflowing and literally smelled like something died in there while the bees were all swirling around it was nothing I was too thrilled about! The pool was nice for kids but I think overall I would only stay there again if it was last minute and our other options were booked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple