“Our vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloha Beach Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aloha Beach Resort & Suites
You added Aloha Beach Resort & Suites to your Saves list
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
New Haven, Indiana
“Our vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We picked this place because of the great reviews. We stayed in the family suite and everyone in our family enjoyed our stay here. If you can get past the crabby ladies at the front desk and get outside to enjoy everything you will be pleased! We enjoyed the playground and the pool was clean and water was great! They have paddle and row boats with life jackets available, plenty of grills, picnic tables and chairs, volleyball net on the small beach and we really enjoyed the fire pits by the lake. Our room was just like the pictures and was clean but the beds were very hard. I had problems with the beds but my husband and son liked them. Also a few of the nights we had noisy neighbors who wanted to party all night and were very loud. I understand people are on vacation but partying until 2:00 am in the family suites is too late. Although we had a few issues, cleanliness is important to us and that was not a problem here. We had a lot of fun and would stay here again.

Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Jak2605

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Walking into aloha beach resort you can tell it hasn't been updated in a while. To the left there is a closet/ pantry of items you can purchase and to the right they had bundles of wood. When approaching the desk a lady came out after a minute or two. It seemed like we were bothering her and very short. Not a friendly person. So after getting checked in we went to our room. Room didn't smell fresh and clean, it had about 4 to 5 flies flying around, there was some debris on the floor and microwave spelt bad like something was burnt in there recently. We went back to the desk to see if we could change rooms because of these issues. They answer was "No we are sold out". I continued to tell her about the issues and she replied with we will have to check the room first. By this point I furious at the fact that I was being treated so rudely by this lady so I wanted a full refund. A couple minutes later we talked to the manager who came at us very upset. Said that they could take care of the flies a debris on the floor but we are staying tonight. We proceed to tell him we wanted a full refund and we didn't want to stay the night because of the cleanliness issues and poor service. He said it wasn't fair to him that he would be out of tonight's money. so I agreed back well its not fair to us to stay in a room with Flies flying around. He told his housekeepers are tired and they miss things. Which I understand because I am a housekeeping manager at a busy downtown milwaukee hotel, but that doesn't excuse the poor service. After stating that he went on a rant saying "what's wrong with my mom?" "Mom come out here what's wrong with your service" she said "nothing wrong" then he proceeded to say "all these people on trip advisor say she's rude. I would like to know. Is it because of her accent?" I couldn't believe this was happening. The owner of the hotel was yelling at me about his mom. I got bad vibes after that like we would've been watch the entire time we stayed their and that they would of went thru our stuff. We wanted to get out of there as soon as possible so we left without a full refund. He did call us later to say that he was giving us a full refund and apologize but it doesn't make up for this horrible experience. I would never stay there or recommend this place to anyone!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Julia F
Marengo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I found this Hotel to be excellent in all area's. As a matter of fact, I've never written a comment before as far as I can remember. Our room was large enough for 6 people. 4 adults and 2 teenagers. It had 3 beds which were quite comfortable. We always bring our own pillows so that wasn't an issue. The room was exceptionally clean and kept that way the whole 6 days we stayed there. It had both a microwave and refrigerator. Smokers can smoke on the deck which we found very convenient. The only thing the room didn't have was a hairdryer but you can get one from the office.

The location was great. It was off the strip but only a few blocks away from all the activity.

It was on a nice sandy beach where we can canoe or paddle boat which we took advantage of. They have both indoor and outdoor pools and whirlpools as well as a child's pool. They have a nice playground in 2 different area's. They have plenty of fire pits and grills for everyone. The beach had plenty of chairs to laze around and look at the beautiful lake. BTW, That huge house you see from the lake is Mr. Mount Olympus's.

I found the staff to be very friendly. I have seen other ppl complain about the elderly lady but I found her to be quite pleasant. We always chatted every morning. I found her to be quite friendly. The cleaning staff went about their business and didn't bother anyone. They certainly keep the grounds and resort clean.

I will definitely go back here. I could not find one thing wrong with either the staff, the hotel, or the grounds.

Rooms
1 Thank Shirlee4317
Kiel, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is on a beautiful beach, nice sand and play areas for little ones. The pools were very clean and warm. There are playgrounds and slides to entertain little kids and canoes and paddle boats for bigger ones. Our room was not dirty, but it was not impressive. Housekeeping was good, though. The area is quiet with little traffic because it is away from the busier parts of town, but we did have some noise from an adjacent room one night while trying to fall asleep. My bed was too hard for my tastes, but I was able to sleep in it anyway. I have been to the Dells many times and I would stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Brewers333
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This property has so much potential. The rude crabby mean lady at the front basically ruins it. I would have given this place a 4 out of 5, but I cant. The hotel itself is on a great spot on Lake Delton and is very close to everything that you could possibly want to do in the Dells. Sure, the decor is a bit dated, but clean. The pools are nice and the playground cute and shaded for kids. The fire pits are along lake and lots of parking. But, we asked for extra pillows and was told "No, you have enough" . That went over well ... needed an extra key and the woman again was rude with a comment of " I gave you enough keys at check in " and my personal favorite, getting scolded at check in at noon, when trying to see if our room was ready and she snapped and said " Check in at 2!! I already told you! Don't ask again til 2" Jeez lady, thought we'd check and see if we could catch some luck and get into room early. I would have left eight then and there but they also have a strict cancelation policy, just like all Dells properties and we paid. I overhead her argue with another gentleman over him getting a printed receipt because he paid cash for a few nights and she argued with him telling him " We gave you your room key, that means you paid" huh ?!? Anyway, like I said this place itself is great but unfortunately I will not return and get treated like crap and give them our money. This woman / owner / manager ruined it for us and we come once or twice a year. Too bad :( because the lake views are stunning

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank reemard
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The resort itself was a great place to stay but everyone employed there was horrible! They were all very rude. My son's Noah's Ark wristband came off when we where in the lake and he lost it, the people working refused to give him another band (even though the website stated that there were free passes for everday you stay with Aloha Beach). The beds are very bad & the bedding is even worse! The shower was plugged up & there was nothing ever done, although we asked for it to be fixed. Wish this was a better hotel to stay at because the location is great

Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Jessica S
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had a blast at the Aloha Resort! On a plus side, we loved that the resort is on Lake Delton, the place is beautiful, lawn is well kept, pools are great, sauna etc. The beach is small, but it isn't crowded. The view from our room was beautiful, we could see the lake, sunset, pool area etc. Great for family travel if you have kids to keep an eye on. There is a small arcade area by the pool also. We liked the location, took us about 3 minutes to get to the main strip, 5-10 minutes from pretty much anything in the dells. The hotel could use a couple updates, bedding, sheets, comforters are old, our mattress was pretty worn out, room could use some touching up, paint/trim wise but otherwise it was great. We look forward to coming back and hope to make this place an annual vacation spot for our family.

Location