“Satisfied”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Aloha Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I really liked the cleanliness of this resort. The location was great--close to all of the attractions, but a very short drive away from all of the hustle and bustle of the parkway. The only thing that could have made this stay better would be a pleasant staff. The owner was sour and not very friendly, although she did help us when we needed it. As a young couple, my boyfriend and I were satisfied. However, I would not recommend this resort to families searching for a luxurious waterpark resort. Aloha has a great atmosphere! Overall, I would visit here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Youngtraveler84

Reviewed October 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in a king size jacuzzi suite, and had a great time. Our room was very clean, and was supplied with plenty of towels and toiletries, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The hotel has a large beach with a beautiful view. The only problems we had with the place were the lack of alarm clocks in the rooms, and that the receptionist was hard to understand due to a strong accent.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank smith55
Reviewed August 8, 2007

A huge waste of money! We could have stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge for the same price!!! We chose this hotel because we wanted a place where we could just relax and be away from the crowds for a couple days. I called ahead to ask several questions and spoke to a very non-pleasant woman with a thick eastern European accent. She had one-word answers for all of my questions. I thought she was just a tired employee.

My husband and I took my 3 little girls here because they love beaches and The Aloha advertised a nice beach. The beach itself is nothing but a volleyball court with several canoes sitting by the water where the kids would have wanted to play. There was a small 8 foot area between 2 of the canoes where my kids were able to actually play by the water, but there was a bunch of seaweed sitting on the sand, a couple of broken plastic cups, and a beer bottle. Where's the nice beach I kept hearing about?

When I called to ask about the hotel, I also asked if there was a playground for the kids. She said yes. When I got there, the playground consisted of an old metal swing set with 3 regular "big kid" swings that my kids couldn't even go on because of the huge mud puddles underneath.

The pools were actually decent. They were clean and didn't look run-down, like everything else. They don't offer pool towels so we had to use our own. If we wanted to go in the pool again later the same day, we had no towels because they were still wet.

The lobby was no bigger than a living room and the "gift shop" was a 6 x 3 foot closet with a couple of shelves of candy bars. There were 2 huge plants on the elevator, so there was only enough room for 1 person with their luggage at a time ( or just a few people without luggage).

The room was OK, not great. A couple of non-working lamps, a really mild jacuzzi that wasn't worth it. The deck had a regular door with no screen, so you had to close yourself off from everyone else in the room if you wanted some fresh air. The refrigerator was one of those little cubes. There was no hair dryer in the room, no coffee maker. You had to go to the office for coffee, IF there was any left. We had a king bed and a sofa. I woke up with a backache each day, just like some of the other reviewers mentioned.

Being able to use the canoes was a nice. My husband and 8-year-old enjoyed that part, while the rest of us sat on the disgusting "beach."

They must have great marketing because it looked like a really nice place to bring the family. I would never go there again, not even for free!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank StCharlesMomG
Reviewed August 5, 2007

A few lessons were learned from my recent trip to Wisconsin Dells and staying at this place.

Lesson#1: if a place uses "Aloha" in its name and it is not in Hawaii, be very careful.

Lesson #2: almost every lodging facility with a bed in Wisconsin Dells calls itself "resort". So, if you stayed at other resorts and are expecting the same before you go there, you might be wrong.

Lesson#3: almost all previous reviewers at this site mentioned that the hotel staff was rude. As a matter of fact, they are not really "rude", it is just the culture of their home country. Yeah, their home country. Don't be surprised to find that basically the entire service industry of this town has been taken over by people from a certain country and their behaviors might have a hint of being "rude" to many Americans.

Overall, the hotel is very old and I would not say the rooms are "clean". The room is quite big though. They are not "dirty" but just old and worn out. The "wireless internet access" barely worked. I guess if you have a big family with a limited budget, this might be a good place for you, but that wasn't my situation.

Another annoying thing is that they require a full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of checking in. And their policy is: if you made a reservation, you cannot cancel it and if you didn't staty as many nights as you booked, you don't get any refund. Yuck!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank atwater5122
Reviewed August 1, 2007

It was nice to find a hotel off the trip with a nice view of the lake, but it came at a price. I felt very expensive for what it was.
We got the room with two gueen beds. Well there is a well dividing the beds which is nice and all but the T.V can only be seen from ONE bed. The remot was bolted down to one of the night stands so you had to choose who would be the flipper the enitre time. Not to mention it was the smallest TV ever and there was no cable. The room was clean i can say that. But there was no shampoo or conditioner, when i went to the front desk to ask for some i was giving ONE small bottle about 2 oz. Mind you there were 4 ppl in my room!! No extra pillows and no "please do not disturb sign". I had the cleaning ladys
one afternoon trying to get in the room 4 different times as i napped
because of and illness i got on the trip. Call the front desk to ask them to STOP trying to clean the room and i got "its the middle of the afternoon why are you trying to sleep". Service was rude. Would rather have stayed in one of the Motels on the old strip. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank rider076
Reviewed June 28, 2007

We have stayed here a number of times over the past years. I missed it over the summer of '06 but was able to get back in June of '07. This place is as well-maintained as ever. The staff is up every morning cleaning every speck of the pool, the glass, the windows (in the pool area), and the beach. The grounds are immaculate. Their advertisements don't do a good enough job of explaining just how much lakeshore they have. Sandy beach, and grass covered peninsula creating a quiet little bay. The peninsula has rock firepits every 20 feet or so for bonfires. Free canoes and paddleboats sit neatly along the shore - use at your leisure. We prefer to stay in the tiki section, which is essentially an old strip motel (park outside your door). The strip is layed out accross from the main grassy grounds/volleyball pit/lake and pool area. The rooms are good sized and each one has a fridge and microwave. I hate to say it, but some other reviews are correct that the staff could stand to be a little more friendly, but they keep the resort in impeccable condition. If you are looking for an excellent property to stay at on the lake (for the price of an icky roadside motel in town) and don't need 5-star customer service - this is a fabulous option. We're heading back again over the Fourth of July!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2006

My family has stayed at Aloha for many years and I am appalled by some of these reviews!
It is by far the most beautiful place on Lake Delton you can stay, every room has a view. It is tucked away in the woods away from all the noise of the attractions on the strip. When you wake up in the morning it's the best just looking out at that view of the Lake, so peaceful. Oh yeah you are out in the country, in the woods, on the Lake make sure you bring you bug sprays.
The rooms are immaculate and the decor is very tasteful and tropical looking. The beach is very nice and I have to mention this. One morning my husband and I were up very early having coffee outside by the lake we noticed some women walking towards the lake with buckets and racks in their hands. They actually got into the water with their feet and racked the seaweed of shoreline of the whole property. My husband and I were very impressed , this place is very well kept up, clean , never any litter on the grounds and our family enjoys it very much! Free, free, free nothing is free anymore, they offer free canoes and paddleboat and boat docks for your own boat. Room prices are very reasonable and this place is definitely our family favorite place to get away to the country.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family