Cliffside Resort & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$170
HIExpress.com
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$149
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$170
$153
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$147
$140
BestWestern.com
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Delton Grand Resort & Spa(Wisconsin Dells)
$290
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$270
All reviewstommy bartlett showlake deltonoutdoor poolwater ski showpolar bearhot tubfire pita lake view roombring binocularspine treescoffee packetsbook roomsnice game roomfamily rentedprivate balconyevery summerplenty of chairs
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Originally, plans were to spend the whole weekend here, but due to unfortunate circumstances our plans had to be changed and we only got to stay one night. We thoroughly enjoyed staying here and definitely want to go back. Hopefully we'll get to stay longer next time. The hotel staff was very nice. The room was very clean, and the view was just breathtaking. There was so much to offer. I just wish we had the time to enjoy it all. Watching the ski show was awesome too.

Room Tip: If you want a beautiful view choose the lakeside view rooms.
1  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I just spent a three day weekend in the Dells and stayed at the Cliffside Resort. Unlike some of the reviews I read before going saying how clean it was, we found our rooms to have a foul musty type odor, one of the rooms had pop or something still spilled down the walls, etc. The beds were fairly comfortable but need to have more than two small pillows. The lakeview was nice and helped make up a little bit for the less than desirable rooms. Pool areas both inside and out were nice. The coupons and deals cards they give you at check-in are a nice added touch. Nice location, quiet area but close to everything. Hotel is just extremely outdated and needs some serious cleaning.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room on an upper level and lakeview......they are better than the economy rooms on the first floor probably.
2  Thank TruTraveler2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just far enough off the crazy traffic path to be quiet and relaxing, yet close enough to all of the amenities of the Dells to be convenient. The room was clean and comfortable and the view over Lake Delton was serene...especially when it included a bald eagle flying by!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Azkypa
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My family rented three hotel rooms, over three days. The hotel is very clean, with a beautiful setting of the lake and Tommy Bartlett Water Show. It features an outdoor deck, complete with a large pool, small waterslide, hottub, and lots of seating for hanging out. Inside features a very nice pool, hottub, and gameroom. Both pool areas are very decent, spacious, and clean. They have several grills and firepits for BBQ and roasting marshmallows. The rooms are definitely clean but are dated, very dated. The pillows and mattresses are not comfortable, unless you like very firm mattresses and lumpy pillows. The rooms are carpeted and feature outdated bedspreads and drapes. The management is pretty great and are a family of a husband, wife, and their 20-something son Mark. Each of them take great pride in their resort and make sure that it is maintained well and clean. The resort is charming but could use some updating. The amenities outside and view are the best...the inside amenities aren't much "to write home about".

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side are best.
2  Thank VictoriaMorr
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Decided to give Cliffside a try based on Tripadvisor reviews instead of one of the large water parks. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to the reviews in my opinion.
Check in took about a half hour. I was 2nd in line but the phone kept ringing and instead of getting the other person in front of me and I checked in the phone callers took precedence over us standing in the lobby.
We booked two lakeside double queens. Both rooms as well as the whole resort is in need of updating. The carpet in general hall areas is dirty and worn. Walls throughout the hallways could use a fresh coat of paint.
Our lakeside queen was dirty when we checked in. There were crumbs and dirt all along the baseboard carpet. There was a thick film of dirt and dust on the grout in the bathroom. Beds were tired and worn, thankfully I brought my own pillows on a recommendation of another Tripadvisor review. The walls in the room were dirty and had black scuffs all over.
The outside pool area has a great view but lacks enforcement. I understand parents need to control their kids but numerous times the owner of the resort watched as kids climbed up the waterside and blocked the ending of it so others couldn't use it. The rules are posted at the slide,apparently the owners don't seem a need to enforce them. I felt the owners should have some control of the pool area to ensure all guests have a chance to enjoy it.
We had a family of it appeared 9 check into the room next to us our second night. They had small children that were slamming doors,yelling,running in halls etc. Finally at 10:30 PM I called the front desk to complain. A call was made to the room to I assume ask them to quiet down. They didn't. Finally at 12:30 AM I called the front desk again to complain. It's not managements fault some people don't respect others and believe its ok to be that loud and allow their children to stay up making very loud noise past midnight. It is managements fault they never walked the halls after the first complaint to make sure the problem was fixed.
We had originally had both rooms booked for a third night but our party decided we couldn't take anymore at Cliffside and luckily got the last room at the Holiday Inn Express our last night in the Dells. When I informed the owner we were checking out early she told us they were moving the loud family. A little late, I had asked to be moved at 12:30 AM during my second complaint call and was told it was not an option.
I really wanted to like Cliffside Resort but is in MAJOR need of a renovation and more hands on management. It has a great location and views but falls flat after that.

1  Thank Matt P