WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Needs some infrastructure work” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cliffside Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cliffside Resort & Suites
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Indianapolis IN
“Needs some infrastructure work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I paid extra to stay here and have a great view of Lake Delton instead of a joint on the strip with a view of a parking lot or the motel next door. And it seems most of the motels next door are being gobbled by Mt. Olympus. But this does have a super setting in the trees with a super view of the ski show in the summer. 2 docks on the lake and a fire pit plus the great outdoor area of the pool.

The room was large and very clean. But very dim, needs lighting work. The room was warm on arrival. I turned on the A/C and listened with worry as the compressor tried repeatedly to start. Finally it came on and did some cooling but struggled even with the 80 and dry weather. I'd hate to be here in hot, humid weather. A note on it said keep on low and not very cold. Just what I want to see for $105 a night. Fortunately it cooled off into the 60s outside and the room was fine and the old A/C didn't freeze up. Replace the relics already! Nice high def TV with a low def signal. WiFi worked most of the time though did cut out. I paid lots extra for a hot tub in the room. Plenty of hot water, actually dangerously scalding water. But the tub didn't bubble much and kept cutting out and not starting. My last morning, never did come back on.

The place has so much going for it. If they put some money in lighting, new A/C units, fixing at least the hot tub in the room I was in, this would be one of the top places in the Dells.

Room Tip: Get the lake view. Yes there are trees but sure beats looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Johnsburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed in the handicapped triple queen suite. Everything was very clean, my only negative was the bathtub even though handicap equipped was very slippery so we went out and purchased a bath mat from the local Walmart . Also I was told that we had a view of the Tommy Bartlett Water Show across from our hotel room balcony but upon checking this out we only had a view of pine trees and some lake view. Also, they had a coffee maker in the room but no coffee was supplied - we did have a fridge and microwave which came in handy. The indoor pool was nice though the water was cold and we only went once. When we needed extra towels they were quick to supply them - I found everyone to be very accommodating and would definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Yes, it is an older hotel, but the owners work tirelessly to keep the rooms and pool areas clean and welcoming. It is a nice location where you can escape the busy Dells traffic and crowds, but close enough to join in when you want to do so. The kids loved the pool polar bear and slide. We loved having access to the lake and a view of the water ski show. Thank you, Angie! We will be back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Powderhound21
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

When I walked into the lobby at check in it was a big turn off because it was outdated and it smelled. But after check in I went to look at the pools witch were both great and complete with spas on the main terrace overlooking the hotel's 3 docks on the lake. One of the pools had a water slide! When I walked into the hallways it smelled. I got to my door and felt very secure because their locks are like FBI material. However, when I walked into the room I checked to make sure it was clean, but the toilet was dirty, the trash wasn't emptied, there was change left on the night table, and the room was not vacuumed :(. The bed looked cheap, completed with the ugly 1980's bedspread and uncomfortable sheets. It was definitely outdated, the only modern feature was the LCD TV. Nice balcony overlooking the lake. It wasn't clean though. No free breakfast. OK stay overall.

Room Tip: Get a lake view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jason T
johnfl68
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place was a great find..the only negative was the A/C did not do a great job (90+ outside might of been the reason) The view off the balcony was spectacular and the pool relaxing. Would stay again to avoid the waterpark hotels and for the relaxing location.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank johnfl68
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This place has good value for the price. I had to go to the Dells at the last minute and called the night before. I remembered the hotel from driving by on my way to another place nearby. It isn't the most modern place...the curtains and bedspread looked like my grandma's house about 1984. Still it was great to have a fridge, a microwave and a flat-screen TV. My room was small but it was immaculately clean which matters the most. The bed was comfy.

What really sells the place is the setting. The view is stunning and it was fun to go out and watch the water-ski show (for free). I didn't use the pool but the area looked well-maintained. There was a family gathering going on while I was there and they seemed to really enjoy themselves...kind of taking over the place.

I would stay here again. The family who owns it clearly takes a lot of pride in this place. I love that it's not in the middle of the Dells' craziness. It's quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank dianitah525
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

After becoming accustomed to vacationing on the river....we had to find a new place that offered a pool, whirlpool and a great view....since believe it or not, we do NOT want to go to Mt. Oympus....so after a thorough search, I found the Cliffside Resort....it was perfect....specatular view...docks for fishing and boat....great deck...indoor pool and outdoor pool with slide for guests to enjoy....even had an elevator.....very friendly staff....we shall return!

Room Tip: Balcony with a view is the only way to travel....you might even get to watch the Tommy Bartlet Ski S...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple