I paid extra to stay here and have a great view of Lake Delton instead of a joint on the strip with a view of a parking lot or the motel next door. And it seems most of the motels next door are being gobbled by Mt. Olympus. But this does have a super setting in the trees with a super view of the ski show in the summer. 2 docks on the lake and a fire pit plus the great outdoor area of the pool.
The room was large and very clean. But very dim, needs lighting work. The room was warm on arrival. I turned on the A/C and listened with worry as the compressor tried repeatedly to start. Finally it came on and did some cooling but struggled even with the 80 and dry weather. I'd hate to be here in hot, humid weather. A note on it said keep on low and not very cold. Just what I want to see for $105 a night. Fortunately it cooled off into the 60s outside and the room was fine and the old A/C didn't freeze up. Replace the relics already! Nice high def TV with a low def signal. WiFi worked most of the time though did cut out. I paid lots extra for a hot tub in the room. Plenty of hot water, actually dangerously scalding water. But the tub didn't bubble much and kept cutting out and not starting. My last morning, never did come back on.
The place has so much going for it. If they put some money in lighting, new A/C units, fixing at least the hot tub in the room I was in, this would be one of the top places in the Dells.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking beautiful Lake Delton, Cliffside Resort has been a relaxing getaway for over 30 years. All pools, indoor or outdoor, have panoramic views of the lake and the Tommy Bartlett Waterski Show. Our outdoor pool has a 60 foot water slide and floating polar bear. Suntan on our decks, fish off our docks, or enjoy an evening bonfire on the lake. Registered guests can also utilize our soothing sauna, workout in the exercise room, and play a game of billiards in the game room near the outdoor pool. The resort also offers picnic areas by the pool and on the lake for small and large group gatherings. Our rooms have balconies and standard amenities, including: 32 inch flat panel TVs, free WIFI, micro-fridges, hair dryer, coffee-maker, iron/board, and telephone. The room sizes range from 2 person Jacuzzi suites to 8 person family suites with handicap accessibility throughout the resort except for the lake front. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Resort And Suites
- Cliffside Resort Wisconsin Dells
- Cliffside Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Cliffside Resort Suites Wisconsin Dells