“Our 36th Wedding Anniversary”

Christmas Mountain Village
Ranked #31 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We exchanged an RCI Timeshare week to stay here. Fairly close to home, 240 miles or so, close to some aging relatives, etc. We arrived on a Friday, and check in was fast and friendly. Very pleasant smiling staff greeted us, w/no typical timeshare sales hassles. Our unit was 159, in the "Cabins" part of the resort property. The Cabin was small, but very comfortable for just us two. Very clean, and the best equipped timeshare we've stayed at, with the exception of no washer/dryer in the Cabin units. The laundry unit was located just 50 feet from out unit, so that was not a major inconvienence. The lobby staff gave us a generous amount of tokens to be used in the laundry unit, which in itself was very nicely fitted w/ 3 dryers, and 3 washers, tables for folding clothes, and plenty of chairs, and recent magazines for reading while doing the wash. Our Cabin area was very quite at nite, w/some occasional heavy resort vehicle traffic during the day. Plenty of outdoor pools,and a very beautiful indooe pool and fitness center at the main resort.
An awesome looking ski hill and lift is within the resort as well! We highly recommend this resort, and will be returning in summer of 2011

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 24, 2010

My husband and I own with RCI at a Gold Crown Resort in FL. We were placed in a two bedroom 2 bath cabin at Christmas Mountain Timbers with not much assistance on what we were getting into. Our adult children arrived on Saturday and spent a couple of days with their friends. We did not arrive until Wednesday after they had already left. Upon our arrival we were very dissappointed with the room and the cleanliness (not anything that they left). I asked if we could change rooms as our friends were coming up the following day with a young child. They said there was nothing else available but to try back the next day. We went back to the room and I started to fix a snack. When I opened the kitchen drawers there was mice droppings in the utinsel drawer. Not one or two it would have filled a tablespoon. I was so upset I took pictures and started looking more thoroughly. The unit was very out of date with red carpet in the living room. Rusty register covers. Dirt filled air duct covers, etc. It was not condusive to a one year old running around and crawling on the floors.

I took my camera and went to the front desk and told them my findings and stated that we could not accept this kind of condition. They checked and at first said nothing was available. I was not going to accept that response. I stood my grounds and they said that one was available for the length of time that we needed but it was not cleaned from the last guest. I said not a problem let us go look at it first. We did and it was very nice and alot newer and cleaner.

We were able to transfer over to the other room but would have been very embarrased if our friends would have had to stay there for even and hour.

I think Bluegreen needs to do some more thorough checking on these units and get them updated and cleaned by professionals.

This is on the verge of a Health Department issue. If at all possible you need to look at the units before renting.

The villas are very nice and a good option. We would not recommend the cabins unless it is a group of hunters or snowmobilers needing lodging for a nite or t wo.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank vickytravis
Reviewed November 12, 2010

We had a week long stay and it was adequate - It was nice to have a kitchen for making some meals and not having to go out everytime we were hungry for a meal. Here's the good and the bad.

Good: The unit we were in was for the most part neat and clean. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, cookware, bakeware and some small appliances (coffee pot, microwave, toaster & blender). The stove and refrigerator were very very clean. The location was nice - our unit backed up to the woods with a view of the golf course. We had a cute little wild rabbit that visited our "backyard" just off the deck every single evening around the same time each day. The furnishings (sofa, chair, table/chairs, dressers, tables lamps etc) were of good quality and in good condition. The indoor pool was well kept as was the outdoor hot tub.

Bad: 1. The mattresses on all the beds were so soft, it appeared they were very old and worn out and very uncomfortable.
2. The bathroom walls had some small areas with black mold-like stains near the ceiling just outside the shower curtain.
3. I had to call service to have the dishwasher repaired.
4. I had to call service because the bathtub/shower drained so slowly that by the end of a shower there was more than ankle deep water - maintenance came, but never did fix the problem.
5. We were not placed in a villa unit (2 bedroom 2 bath w/jacuzzi tub in master bedroom) as we had been promised. We were instead placed in a cottage (2 bedroom 1 bath - no jacuzzi tub) in spite of our complaints.
6. Had to pay extra for internet service. (If McDonald's can supply free wi-fi when I spend less than $5.00 on a value meal, I see no reason a large resort cannot supply it as part of their offered services)

Overall, it is a relatively nice place, but not much to do in November (too cold for summer outdoor activities and too warm for winter outdoor activities). The few activities they did have in the clubhouse were geared for families for children under 10. Nothing for teens.
Their customer service was lacking in my opinion. I would not return to this resort or this location with teens. It's probably great if your kids are under 10 or 11 with all the indoor water/theme parks in the area - but not for families with teens.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank vsw30
Reviewed October 30, 2010

When we first arrived to Christmas Mountain, my family and I were amazed how beautiful it was, even my children said "Wow, Dad, this isn't like the WI dells places we've stayed before, its so beautiful!" So, that was our first impression, and we got our keys, then went to our log cabin, which actually was the Timbers. Shiver me Timbers, it was really nice! It's like a condo/log cabin style place where we had 2 rooms, 2 Bath with a nice living/dining area with a fireplace--a real plus, and the views were absolutely beautiful. It was so quiet and scenic, that we felt like we were the only ones there.
We enjoyed using their pool, and the kids enjoyed the slides, and different types of water toys to use. I want to also mention that they had a REAL lifeguard there, and our lifeguard was very concerned about our toddler, so that made us feel even more good about the decision we had made.
There are some down slides on it though. The heater went out the first night we were there, called maintenance, the guys sorry, we can't do anything about it. There was a really loud humm going in the kids room, and it scared my little one so much he wouldn't sleep there, I later figured it out how to fix it, just turned it off, and put the fireplace on periodically for additional heat. Mind you, it wasn't freezing, it still was at least 68/70 degrees in our cabin.
The next day another maintenance guy came by, checked it out, and said that the part wouldn't come in for a while, so, we weren't too upset on that whole deal. Yet the next day after seeing the markets at WI Dells, we found 2 guys working on the heater for 3 hours! I really wasn't happy with that. Granted, the maintenance fella felt bad, but I really didn't want people coming in my cabin during my family vacation.
OK, and if you don't mind vacuum cleaning every day,(you don't have housekeepers coming every day like a hotel) and washing your towels several times a week, it's great.
We got an awesome price, that we couldn't have gotten if we went to hotels in the area, plus we saved a ton of money by eating in our cabin. We did go out once, but really found that eating with the family there in the cabin was better.
So, all in all, I'd give it like a 4.5 stars out of 5, very good, but, would really appreciate it if they would do a pre-maintenance before you came in, please don't take away time from my family fixing the stuff you should have had fixed before. That's all.--We most likely we will go back again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Our 10 yr anniversary-stayed at 839-b villa for 1 night. Upon entering resort-you will see a "office business place" on the left but u want to go to Resistration to check in. It is located across the st-on the right-right next door to Mulligans & the Pro Shop. This is a very busy resort-lots of time share people-check in didnt even tell us about the 39 person hottub or anything-disappointing-once we finally got to our 2 bedroom townhome-it was very old/outdated but half way clean-cob webs behind doors, etc...it was quite roomy for two-we looked forward to the fireplace & jacuzzi-but unfortunately, fireplace was gas-when turned on-no flames-just blue light-the jacuzzi is upstairs in master bedroom-but they have it setup that you cant move the tv to watch while in there so we took the radio from downstairs bedroom and listened to for a while-tub is very small-some jets didn't work at all-quite disappointed for our romantic anniversary (and only 1 remote worked so we had to carry it with us up & down stairs for both tvs-ugh). we tried walking the resort to view everything-we made it to the activity building where the arcade games are-only like 5 at most-we didn't play-no pac-man! long walk so we headed back to main area... viewed cottages-glad we wern't there-on top of each other & noisy with lots of cats/kittens everywhere-strays. so we walked to pro shop-we don't golf but needed some bottled water-$2.50 each..then went to mulligans-had a few drinks-$4.50 each-the cheese curds werent very good-we watched out of the window a campfire sing a-long-more for kids-decided to head back to our villa as we wer tired from our harley long trip-grabbed a 10lb bag of ice for $3 since our frig was slooow on making ice-bar had an annoying kid wanting to show u rubberband /card jokes-he wanted tips in the front lobby-i finally said we were done with his "show". staff was ok-a nice young male bartender told us they had delivery to your villa with 18% gratuity included-we decided to just do that-later in the evening-we ordered delivery and they forgot my main salad-i had chx breast & rice-was ok & hubby had soup & chx wings-he liked them..so we had to call again for my salad-villas are close together and the grills-there are probably 5 total in a little area way out front by a road-not next to your deck-so dont be fooled-no fire pit=and they do charge $4 a bundle for wood that we didnt purchase. washer & dryer in room-which they do provide-included in room is cheap shmpoo/cond, lotion, dish liquid & tide for clothes but for one load-overall-it was ok. will probably never go back-paid $144-too much.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christie S
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We traded in a gold level two bdr orlando timeshare into this resort. We were given accomadations in what they call the Cottage area. This was a total joke. Worst [;ace we ever stayed. We got in on a Friday night, spent most of Saturday trying to get moved into something that was habitable, got the cold shoulder from the resort, had to deal with II (international Interval) to get our week refunded and left on the following day. The so called cabin was extremely smelly, they had to clean the black mold off the bathroom walls (who knows where else it was), They say it sleeps 6, but could not fit 4 people in the livingroom. Everything was small. The beds were old and extremely creeky. they were located with the RV camper sites. Had to buy wood for the fireplace, charcoal for the grill, pay for internet, everything was extra! But the worst thing was the smell, they jsut need to condem these units. they have other areas in the park with much nicer units so beware if you buy or trade into this resort, you may get the smelly old mold infested so called cabins.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Schnud
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The most uncomfortable beds EVER, and we go to Mexico. Even had the mattress changed out (that one had springs sticking up) next one - just as hard. I think that this resort has things to offer, but has really lost sight of how important rest is. It was a very long week for us, I couldn't wait to get home to my own bed!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple