As a Bluegreen Owner, we have visited this resort several times, at different times of year.
When traveling over our spring break, it was VERY disappointing this time.
We booked a townhome, and stayed 4 nights. Upon check in, we were assigned a cabin (an upgraded cabin) right next to the units they were doing construction on. There was not even a place to park in front of the cabin, there were trucks and boards and tools all over. I am not one to complain, but the scene in front of this particular cabin, and all the cabins in that row, was ridiculous. There is construction 'stuff' everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. There were several times we were coming in or going out, and had to scoot around trucks, or wait and let the construction guys through.
So, I immediately went back to the check in to let them know this was not acceptable, and asked to be moved to a different unit, one that was not right next to all the construction.
YES...........I get that these resorts need to have construction. I have stayed at so many hotels in my time, so I get it. And I also get it that sometimes you can't get moved, and it just plain sucks. Yep, I get that too.
However, EVERY other time there is construction either at the resort, or even in the area, which may affect the overall experience at the resort, I have either found this info on the website, or was personally notified. This was not done in this case. Nope. Nothing. Not even at check in.
So, when I asked to be moved, at check in, the gal behind the desk seemed nice, but very annoyed. She spoke with her manager, and did get us moved to a 'un' renovated unit. Which was great, I was very appreciative. But the customer service piece was lacking. No apology, no asking if there was anything else they could do, they feel bad that we were unhappy....nothing. NOTHING. Yes, I was unhappy, but seriously, a little customer service helps in these types of situations. I asked if they typically notify people about the resort construction, and she just shook her head, like what I was asking was ridiculous.
OK, enough about that. We were just fine, we got moved, and the un-renovated 3 bedroom townhome was just fine for us. We were happy to be away from all the construction.
Our Unit: The unit itself is the same as we would have expected, everything was in working order. A little dated, but nothing to complain about.
Check In/Check Out: I would like to point this out, for those of you that have never stayed here before. Check in time is 4:00pm and check out time is 10:00am. Typical check in times are 3:00pm and typical check out times are either 11am or noon. So this may throw you off a bit, it always does us.....!!! If I could make a suggestion to the resort itself it's to change these times to streamline it a bit more like other resorts.
Pool: We have always loved the pool area. The deepest point is 4 feet, so with our little ones, we love this.
Ski: The ski slopes were not open this week, again, I realize that things need to be worked on, but it's hard that 2 years in a row, during our spring break, the ski slopes are closed for renovations. Perhaps a suggestion for the future would be to switch up these dates from year to year, so people that visit during the same week, can have some things that are open on the slopes.
Timeshare Pitch: This is lame. Skip it if you can, the gifts aren't worth it. This year, our friends that went, were given expired VIP booklets, and told they don't have anything else that is actually valid during our stay. Seriously, the Kalahari coupons expired in 2013. It's March people.... these coupons have been expired for 3 months!!! HA. It's a joke. Unless you go into the sales pitch ACTUALLY wanting to buy a timeshare, then just skip it. It's a very 'hard' sell, and what they say will take you 1 hour is just not true. No one gets out of there in under 3 hours.
Overall: So in conclusion, we will stay here again, as we are owners, but there are just some changes that I would love to see changed. One being the service level at the front desk when there is an issue, another is the discounts and offers being given from the sales pitch people, and notification of construction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Mountain Village, Wisconsin Dells' premier golf and ski resort. Guests of this resort enjoy one of the Dells' best 27-hole championship golf courses and a pristine groomed hill for downhill and cross country skiing in the winter. Offering some of Wisconsin Dells most spacious accommodations, choose from one and two bedroom villas to grand three bedroom townhouses. Rustic log cabins and timbers spaced throughout this expansive resort, give vacationers their own private spot in the woods. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Christmas Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Mountain Village Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wisconsin Dells
- Christmas Mountain Village Wi Dells