“More campground than resort.”

Christmas Mountain Village
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed in a 2 b 1 bath cottage. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The cottage was well stocked with everything you need. The outdoor pool was nice but the indoor full of chlorine it burned my eyes. The cottage was by the camper section and the activities center was a joke. It wasn't a quick walk for other units at the enterance to the park to get there or a pool. The place had a camp
Ground aura which was ok for the price I paid. I got a deal on eBay .

1  Thank Soccernoni
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Soccernoni,
We would like to extend our personal and professional apologizes that your stay & experience was less than perfect. Would you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email me your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreencorp.com.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Where to start?? It was raining when we arrived...after waiting 25 minutes to check in, our room key did not work so we had to go back again to the busy front desk. Our room was 78* when we got there even though AC was set to 72. Maintenance came to fix...two hours later the room was finally down to bearable. The tv is old and fuzzy to say the least. The decor and mattress is straight out of the 80's. Our comforter had a blood stain on it...not a washed stain...a recent one that was crusty. Talk about disgusting! Our sheets had holes in them as well. When we brought the comforter to the front desk they just sent a new one....no attempt to compensate for the huge inconvenience. We went back when a new supervisor was there to let them know that either something needed to be done or we would not be staying...I mean they just tossed the comforter on the chair...didn't remake the bed or anything! The front desk is lucky my husband went to deal with this...an extra night in that unclean, outdated room? To make matters worse, after reluctantly agreeing to stay (most other hotels were booked since its a holiday week) we woke up the next morning to no hot water at all. We originally thought the Luke warm showers were some sort of safety thing but this morning it was ice cold. Maintenance came but we already ad to be somewhere by the time it was fixed. We then noticed bags of towels and toilet paper thrown at the bottom of our stairs in the rain. I called the front desk and they said they weren't for us and someone would come get them...24 hours later at checkout they were still sitting there!

On top of the issues with the actual room, the hot tub was over run with kids ages 3-8 ish splashing and swimming...at 10:30pm! There was very little cell reception. They do not refill towels and do not leave detergent to wash them yourself. You have to strip your bed when leaving and take your trash out. The maids weren't cleaning the place so I am not sure what they do?
Then we sat through the timeshare meeting...my mother in law is giving us her timeshare but after that...who would want it? What are the maintenance fees used for??? Not a very good honeymoon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank katiel123

Dear katiel123,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I wasn't impressed with Christmas Mountain Village. I was in a 2 bed, 2 bath villa in the pine villa section. This unit was in rough shape. Very outdated, and horribly uncomfortable beds. The dryer in the unit didn't work and we had to call maintenance multiple times to fix things in our unit. (To their credit, they always came quickly and fixed what needed to be fixed). It was clean though and close to a pool which was nice. Pools were VERY crowded every day, it was not easy to relax due to all the people. We had continual problems with our room keys, and service at registration was slow and not friendly. It was a good 10 minute drive into the downtown Dells area.

They had activities like crafty things and movies daily, and paddleboats, mini golf, regular golf and a few restaurants on site, none of which I participated in, or went to. Just thought I'd mention them as amenities.

While I know lots of people like this kind of "resort", it just wasn't my style. Too many kids and families and large family reunion style groups. And because I was staying in a villa, I just felt like I was hanging around at an apartment and hanging around a crowded apartment complex pool, instead of being on vacation.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelTwin777

Dear TravelTwin777,

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 young children, and I stayed in a villa for 6 nights. The accommodations were clean and well stocked when we arrived. The staff was friendly, although we didn't interact much. In a perfect world the resort would be a little closer to town, but it is nice and quiet where it is. The only thing I didn't like is that there was a charge for trash pick up. 4 people in 7 days can produce a lot of trash, and I thought charging for trash pick up was odd.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times, as we are a Bluegreen owner, most recently earlier this week. This is a great resort for families with younger kids and golfers. It is a very large property with both indoor and outdoor pools, as well as many other activities like golf (summer), skiing (winter), paddle boats, Mini-golf (not spectacular but still fun), basketball court, water slide, outdoor hot tub, and more. They also usually plan special activities during the week for kids as well. In my recent stays I have been in a town home. These come in one to three bedroom variations, and are very nice units. I recommend them. I have also stayed in what I think was called Deluxe Timbers a few years back, which are also excellent and I would recommend. There are a wide variety of units here, and I would think that your experience here may vary greatly depending on your needs and expectations versus the kind of unit you might stay in. The cottages or cabins are in different sections and have a very different feel. Do you want more rustic or more nicer amenities? Some reviewers have called the place rustic, but this all depends on what type of unit you stay in, so be aware of that when booking and ask questions. The town homes, for example, are certainly not rustic. I have only golfed here once, a few years back, and don't recall any impression of the course, and I have never come in winter during ski season, so cannot comment on that, but it is a nice family or getaway resort that is peaceful and pleasant. It is also nice to be within minutes of the Dells attractions while being completely away from all the congestion and noise of that area. Drive in to the Dells for the day for your water/amusement park experiences and come back out to relax.

I'm not sure if they will rent units to the general public or not, but units can be had through Bluegreen or RCI, as well as through eBay and other venues where owners are selling their rentals. This latter option is often a great value.

Room Tip: Match your unit to your needs. I recommend town home units, nicely equipped and good atmosphere. Som...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NorthWoodsWanderer
Reviewed June 19, 2013

As I write this, I'm literally lying awake at 5 in the morning on one of these horrible Christmas mountain beds. I have literally slept on floors that have been more comfortable. The staff here are just plain ignorant. It's about a 4 mile drive minimum from any dells location, making gas money a little bit on the expensive side. You have to plan your days accordingly as not to waste has going back and forth. We're staying In a cottage, I'm not sure if the 'nicer' cabins have better beds, etc. but, if you want to have a good nights sleep during your time away from work, I'd even sleep at a motel 8 rather than here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Matt B, Public Relations Manager at Christmas Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Mtaylor0812,
We would like to extend our personal and professional apologizes that your stay & experience was less than perfect. Would you please email me your contact information so we may address your experience. Please email your contact information to matthew.bushweiler@bluegreenvacations.com.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in a newly renovated unit. It was tastefully done, but cheaply done. By that, I mean the bathroom fixtures weren't the best quality. The shower fixtures were loose. The toilet seat was cheap plastic and not stable. The closets had no rods in them on which to hang clothes. The kitchen sink had no sprayer. These units get a lot of use and I am always struck when quality does not coincide with the heavy usage. The staff was very responsive to our needs when we needed something in the unit. I was a guest of a friend. I don't think I would purchase here.

The grounds around the cabins were not well manicured.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends